• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stem Cell Treatment for Autism

Bethany143

Hi there! Looking to hear from anyone who has received stem cell treatment for themselves or their loved one with autism
My family is considering getting it done for my brother who is 26. He is older than most children who have received the treatment but I think it could be very beneficial.
Can anyone who tried it please share their experience? Also please note where you went for treatment.

For those new to the conversation here is a link for more info!

Stem Cell Therapy for Autism || Stem Cell Treatment Information || Panama

Thank you so much!!!

From the link
What is the scientific rationale behind using stem cells to treat autism?
Current investigative therapies for autism attempt to reverse these abnormalities through administration of antibiotics, anti‐inflammatory agents, and hyperbaric oxygen. Unfortunately, none of these approaches address the root causes of oxygen deprivation and intestinal inflammation.

The rationale behind treating autism with umbilical cord tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells is that autism, and its degree of severity, has been significantly correlated inflammatory and neuro-inflammatory cytokines including macrophage-derived chemokine (MDC) and thymus and activation-regulated chemokine (TARC). Intravenous administration of umbilical cord MSCs has been shown in multiple clinical trials to decrease inflammation. Decreasing inflammation in the autistic patient may alleviate symptoms of autism.

Through administration of mesenchymal stem cells, we have observed improvement in patients treated at our facilities.

"Dr." Riordan has two degrees, a Physician's Assistant degree and a PhD. Neither one qualifies him to do medical experimentation on people. This is just one more instance of desperate parents being taken in by junk science.

I just sent that link because it has more information. There are other clinics around the world doing this therapy and I've already connected with some families that have seen "amazing" results (Their words not mine).
Also a new study at Duke had positive results as well.

I will look at the article you included but again I'm looking to connect with families that have tried the therapy !

Autism isn't a problem with neurons not working or being missing. Our neurons work fine. The cause is architectural - the neurons are organized differently, so that some tasks that are second nature to NTs are difficult or impossible for autistics.

I don't see how inserting any number of stem cells or new neurons will change the existing architecture of the brain.

I would approach this very cautiously.

I will look at the article you included but again I'm looking to connect with families that have tried the therapy !

Why?

We're not convincing you?

Placebo affect, dunning kruger effect.

The best part of any con is this - charge a lot of money and people ,partly for the above reason,
Will find it very difficult to say its nonsense.

Good luck, but it's idiocy.

Desperation, hope and placebos in formal clinical trials can drive "wonders" too. But only for a time.

Autism cannot be cured. If the Neurotypical world sincerely wants to help those of us on the spectrum it can be accomplished through greater understanding, tolerance and acceptance.

After all, we're people- not a disease to be stamped out.

Last edited:
I see the name "Panama" in that link. I don't think I need to even read it, fact-check it, poke holes in it, discredit anyone and everyone involved, nitpick errors in citation, vet the sources and works cited, then vet the sources and works cited those sources and works cited cited, check the entirety of human written knowledge to see if even one sentence was plagiarized, make sure all professionals involved are fully qualified to do what they're doing, comb through any studies cited at any level for even the slightest error in scientific method,

Nonononono. "Panama" tells me all I need to know.

Stem cells repair and replace damaged cells. So the improvements families are seeing are permanent.

I have tons of tolerance for those with special needs, including my baby brother who is autistic. But so far the families Ive interacted with have said it worked. It has a 75% success of reducing the inflammation and aiding more brain productivity.

And I'm not looking to be convinced on whether or not to do it. I'm looking for personal accounts from families that gave the treatment a try.

Autism: Stem cells offer hope in new trial - CNN

Stem cells repair and replace damaged cells. So the improvements families are seeing are permanent.

I have tons of tolerance for those with special needs, including my baby brother who is autistic. But so far the families Ive interacted with have said it worked. It has a 75% success of reducing the inflammation and aiding more brain productivity.

And I'm not looking to be convinced on whether or not to do it. I'm looking for personal accounts from families that gave the treatment a try.

I've been here for years, and have never heard any feedback from anyone citing such treatment, let alone claiming miraculous results. Neither from Neurodiverse adults or Neurotypical parents of autistic children.

In essence, the feedback you are clearly soliciting for won't likely be found here.

Just keeping it real.

Last edited:
From the link
What is the scientific rationale behind using stem cells to treat autism?
Current investigative therapies for autism attempt to reverse these abnormalities through administration of antibiotics, anti‐inflammatory agents, and hyperbaric oxygen. Unfortunately, none of these approaches address the root causes of oxygen deprivation and intestinal inflammation.

The rationale behind treating autism with umbilical cord tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells is that autism, and its degree of severity, has been significantly correlated inflammatory and neuro-inflammatory cytokines including macrophage-derived chemokine (MDC) and thymus and activation-regulated chemokine (TARC). Intravenous administration of umbilical cord MSCs has been shown in multiple clinical trials to decrease inflammation. Decreasing inflammation in the autistic patient may alleviate symptoms of autism.

Through administration of mesenchymal stem cells, we have observed improvement in patients treated at our facilities.
stem cells are only used to repair damage !autism is not damage !after birth !before birth chromosomes could possibly be changed in the parents but not in the child .
stem cell therapy never worked for ALS ,they were positive results for Multiple Sclerosis so it's limited in its scope

I'm looking to connect with families that have tried the therapy !

I think you're doing good to look here and on other autism sites. If the only people that can recommend the therapy are the hand-picked referrals that the "Stem Cell Institute" lists, then there is a big problem. If the therapy really works, there should be multiple institutions performing it, and there should be a lot of chatter about how well it works on a lot of different sites.

Compare it to Weight Watchers. Fad diets and dietary supplements come and go, but Weight Watchers is always there, because it works. Right now, stem cell therapy is like Fen Phen was a decade ago - it's a hot new idea. Give it time to see how it shakes out. When an autism treatment starts getting the kind of long-term support and success that Weight Watchers has, then I'll sit up and pay attention.

1. As far as I know, there is no evidence that autism is caused by "damaged" cells.
2. What proof is being offered that "inflammation" has been reduced? What proof is there that inflammation has anything to do with causing autism?
3. Autism is a developmental problem, which means that changes keep on happening throughout a child's development. It isn't at all uncommon for a child to suddenly start speaking or going through other desirable changes -- without any medical intervention. If parents aren't aware of this, they will attribute the improvement to the treatment, when there is nothing more involved than sheer coincidence.
4. By limiting yourself to parents' stories, you are denying yourself the knowledge you need to avoid medical quackery. If you make recommendations to other people based on this anecdotal information rather than on verified medical research results, you will be responsible for interfering and for possibly doing actual harm. This is how so much misinformation get circulated on the web. Don't be a part of that.

Hi there! Looking to hear from anyone who has received stem cell treatment for themselves or their loved one with autism
My family is considering getting it done for my brother who is 26. He is older than most children who have received the treatment but I think it could be very beneficial.
Can anyone who tried it please share their experience? Also please note where you went for treatment.

For those new to the conversation here is a link for more info!

Stem Cell Therapy for Autism || Stem Cell Treatment Information || Panama

Thank you so much!!!

If you go on YouTube there is a channel called "This Aspie's Wife"
The lady on the channel seems friendly enough, and has recently come back from Panama where she took her son for this treatment. It might be worth it for you to message her she seems very happy with the results, but it was extremely expensive!

I don't know much about it, or whether it works or not so I can't comment, is it a con? I don't know. Good luck anyway, and I hope your family can learn to live with your brother, love and accept him as he is, without wanting to 'fix' him.

New Threads

Top Bottom