• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New years resolutions 2018

Do you make new years resolutions?

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

As sweet as-pie

Hi everyone!

Is it too early to ask this?! I've been feeling a lot of positive changes coming lately, I'm glad it's nearly new year because it always makes me feel better about change. It's a new start, fresh page, not sure if any of you feel the same. (Resolutions last about 2 days though! :p )

That being said,

What are your new years resolutions for 2018?

To revert back to my selective mutism, and to stop the maniacal smiling I had to learn........Life was easier when I was not forced into some song and dance.

I have daily resolutions... I don't really worry too much about making big goals I will fail at and get depressed over... So I have gone with smaller steps everyday and that seems to work out a whole lot better... I just see New Years Res, as just one more way to lie to myself and let others know I didn't keep with what I said... People at work are already starting the NYR thing... I see it mostly as pointless : )

My main resolution is the same as I've had for several years, get a job, and not just a job working for free in a Charity shop, this time I wanna work for money.

I usually make New Year's Resolution but I rarely keep them. Last year's was losing weight and that never happened. This year's is growing my business which I am more hopeful about.

Hi everyone!

Is it too early to ask this?! I've been feeling a lot of positive changes coming lately, I'm glad it's nearly new year because it always makes me feel better about change. It's a new start, fresh page, not sure if any of you feel the same. (Resolutions last about 2 days though! :p )

That being said,

What are your new years resolutions for 2018?
My new years resolutions for 2018 are

1. Have a full time job or 2 and keep them.
2. Get better on the guitar.
3. Become a better son and person.
4. Volunteer for a charity or animal shelter or organization.
5. Make new good friends.

For the last four years I have had the same resolution and kept it every year. I only have a few more days to go to keep the latest resolution. Then I will make the same resolution for 2018. My resolution? Stay alive.

I'm starting an autoimmune protocol (AIP) diet today. That way I will have overcome the grumpies when it's time to go back to work in Jan. I have psoriatic arthritis and hope to put it into remission enough so that my knees are well enough to start running again in a few weeks. I've been gluten free since 2011, and have done Paleo and Whole 30 plans before, but never bothered to find out what foods are causing all my health problems. Has anyone else ever tried AIP? If so, any suggestions?

I have 2 or 3 resolutions that may or may not work.

1: Get a part time job, preferably in either retail or admin.
2: Apply to the DVLA for a Provisional driving license, and have lessons in an Automatic
3: Related to 2, if, I pass a test in an Automatic, try and get a car, something better than a Banger that breaks down every week.
4: Appear on TV, whether it's The Chase, Blind Date, the Undateables,or X Factor, just not Crime Watch.

In 2018

It's all about me.

And those I choose to spend time on or with rather than feeling obligated to be with.

I'm going after a restful mind and peaceful heart. It's been a long time coming and I deserve it.

Get outdoors more

Let things go a bit more easily; Not stress so much

And, after a tough year, getting back to being confident in my weird quirks that are strengths that most people do not possess. In other words, accepting myself and not letting others make me feel as if my personality doesnt fit

I'm starting an autoimmune protocol (AIP) diet today. That way I will have overcome the grumpies when it's time to go back to work in Jan. I have psoriatic arthritis and hope to put it into remission enough so that my knees are well enough to start running again in a few weeks. I've been gluten free since 2011, and have done Paleo and Whole 30 plans before, but never bothered to find out what foods are causing all my health problems. Has anyone else ever tried AIP? If so, any suggestions?
Yes! I thought I had Hashimotos (and maybe I do) after my mom being diagnosed and we share the same symptoms. I had a very difficult time staying true to it. I went vegan a few months back after resing ‘The China Study’ & ‘How Not to die’. BasicLly a look into cancer causing foods : animal protein. Ever since I read those i have been a strict vegan. Its the only diet i can stick to

2018 will be my ‘Read, swim, love’ year (yes, I just got separated from my husband)

1- Fly in a hot air balloon.
2- Drive a four-wheeler.
3- Visit a winerie.
4- Go to a classical music concert.
5- Visit a cave.
6- Going all Elizabeth-Gilbert-in- ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ , but instead of traveling the world, I’ll be traveling my surroundings... and I will be back home everyday... and instead of eating, I’ll be reading, and instead of praying, I’ll be swimming, but you get the idea.
7- Get a tattoo.

I don't make New Year's resolutions. My mind doesn't roll in that direction I guess. But if I did....

1. Meet 1 Billion people. (Every Chinese person on earth)
2. Start shadow government for Venus.
3. Conquer Canada in the name of Queen Isabella of Spain.
4. Gain 5 Million pounds. Sterling.
5. Trade Canada to China for the Great Wall
6. Open a new theme park in Tomistan called Tom's Pretty Impressive Wall.
7. Stop the madness and reboot Kingons to their original look. Michael Ansara was the look. He was Syrian btw. 1922 - 2013 RIP

ansara08032013.jpg

I don't really see the point of new years resolutions, if I wanted to make changes to my life I would (and do) do it regardless of the date. If I'm willing to wait to new years to make changes then it means I don't really want to do it, and so the 'resolution' will inevitably fail.

New Threads

Top Bottom