• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I love to write science fiction. I'm actually a college senior double majoring in Creative Writing and Spanish, though I like Creative Writing the best. I also like to go to my local writing center to take classes and workshops. I've published two stories to date and I have learned that lots of successful writers have ways to contact them on their website and don't mind a question or two. As a side note, I've found that writing is a helpful way for me to connect to others as I founded a Creative Writing Club at my college, which I'm no longer active in, and as I'm trying to start a writing group at my writing center for people in roughly the 20-30 age range, as most of the people there are older and I'd like to hang out with some people in my age range.

I like writing and over the years have published a story and some poems. And a text book. I hope to revive my writing now. With new poems and stories.

I used to draw a lot, but not colour much. Quite enjoy to draw. I like using pastels to draw, sometimes. And doing collage is my favourite arty thing, also making collage based cards.

I couldn't even attempt that. I think if I did, no one would even know it's supposed to be Mickey Mouse lol

That was after regular practice over a course of two years which filled two books with drawings, and one class in drawing fundamentals, all of which is not at all a lot in comparison to what the artists do whose work amaze us.

I was seemingly born with a passion for drawing cartoons. I've posted a number of my drawings here. I used to write stories and make handmade comic books with my own characters in them. But now I hardly ever do that anymore. I don't draw as much as I used to, either. Or think I should, anyway. Maybe because I've nearly lost hope completely in ever making a career of doing what I've loved for so long. But doing the very thing you love to make a living nearly always makes you end up hating it, anyway.:(

I'm not as into colouring as much as drawing. It can be stressful and not relaxing when one little mistake - like going outside the lines even when you're an adult - can ruin the whole picture. The other day, however, I drew colored in a doodle I had drawn by hand and then scanned on the computer and it turned out pretty good. But I don't have a printer to make a copy on paper. I don't seem to have much luck with printers. The last one I owned was always saying I was out of paper when I clearly had inserted paper into it.:mad:

I enjoy writing. I don't color myself but I've heard it's a good activity for people especially those who are older.

I do it and I find it relaxing in that 'I have a sense of achievement' sort of way.

I paint and I also write a lot. Both, and various other creative endeavours, are a great outlet. Of course, not everyone is interested in the classic creative hobbies and that's okay too. I think as time goes on we are realising many interests and hobbies are creative even if they have nothing to do with art or writing.

Colouring (as in colouring in for adults) has really taken off the last few years. I know someone who does that and finds it very relaxing. It's not for me but that's just because I like to draw and essentially colour my own stuff.

most of the people there are older and I'd like to hang out with some people in my age range

Most of my group is older too. To be fair I am middle aged myself, yet I am one of the youngest in my writing group. In the end it's not the age that bothers me. I just find it a bit hard to relate and make friends because I'm a bit different, and a bit...me :p And maybe those from the group are a bit more conservative in their thinking too.

Anyway, I hope you manage to get a group off the ground and congratulations on publishing some stories! I agree that writing groups can be very helpful. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom