• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do Aspies Have A Sense of Humor?

I guess I really just find most comedy funny, there are many stand up comedians I wouldn't say I'm huge fans of and they still will have at least one or two bits I find funny in their act.

When I was growing up I was very very literal and did not understand much of any humor . I didn't understand TV commercials or anything as well. Like there was a very very good example there was a TV commercial where would go to a car dealership , get a car, to get home and sleep on their lives and in the morning they decided they wanted I didn't get it and my dad explained to me was a play on words. I didn't know what the term plan wordsmith and he had to break it down in layman's terms to explain to me what plantlets was and then explain to me that sometimes commercials aren't necessarily meant to be taken so literally as well I take them a little too seriously and literally and read more into them and they are sometimes there's no meaning no rhyme or reason . And you're not supposed to get them. And overtime as I got older I started to understand that and I started to get that concept and realize when commercials were were not meant to be taken seriously and when they just were not supposed to really mean anything . And then there was a whole Meme thing I really didn't understand what name was and even though people explain it I still didn't get it but as I get older I still don't really get it but when I see you mean sometimes I actually get the name although I don't really know what I mean is that I can get the humor behind the words put the picture and think it's funny and sometimes I actually have quite crude humor . And I know that people with asked burgers have humor that is sexually opposite of what they should like girls sometimes have weird humor like boys do, really immature crude humor that girls usually wouldn't have if they were neural typical. So Can't have humor but most of the time our humor is lost to everybody but ourselves because what we think is funny is usually not very funny to other people who are neural typical we find ourselves because our humor understanding is poorly to none. What we find funny is really not very funny. But sometimes we get humor way too much and sometimes we don't really get it at all it just depends on your learning level and every person with aspurgers has similar behavior like we all have high sensitivity to smells and sounds and tastes but everyone of us is on a different level stuff like that etc. etc. so just depends on your levels if you're gonna get it and how much you're gonna get understanding wise.

Last edited:
This is true.
I had to tell the neighbor across the road that
gluten wasn't actually a poisonous substance.
Well I grew up on gluten steaks :meatbone:....Sooo! :smilingimp:? or :innocent:?......it didn't seem to seem to hurt my I.Q. any unless I had a massive amount to lose.....:p

Nuclear Plague Bunny :fourleaf::rabbitface::rocket:

When we don't get the joke, we have a terrible sense of humor. When we tell an unusal funny, we have a heck of a sense of humor; that is how, well those who's brains are wired differently to ours.

No, in bad taste, because I hate swearing and seeing swear words.

Yea, most Aspies seem that way, that's why I don't have much in common with others that have Autism. Morals seem very black and white with most Aspies, and to most others with Asperger's I'm mean and crass.

I made this and it totally is snarky, not usual Aspie humor.
Jesus Says 05052016121549.jpg

I haven't been disrespectful. I've simply espoused my opinion. I'm not telling someone that they are wrong to be religious.

I respect the right of others to be religious. Just like I hope that those members would be respectful of my right not to like religion. Also, your red lettering is unnecessary. I have not called anyone names.

New Threads

Top Bottom