• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do Aspies Have A Sense of Humor?

How do I delete my account? I don't want to be a member if I can't say I don't believe in religion.
You are free to say you are not religious. You have missed my point. There is a difference between saying you have no faith and saying you are anti-religion, the latter of which is quite reasonable to be interpreted as an attack on those who do have faith. My decision is final. Any further complaints in this thread (feel free to take the issue to one of our admins) will result in a ban from the thread.
(Also, this red lettering is simply my "moderator" voice...it has nothing to do with whether or not I am angry, which I am not. Sorry for the confusion.)

Think that you can be anti-religious, that is against the idea of religion as a principle. Yet able to interact with people who are religious in a respectful manner. It's the concept of religion and it's ideas that some disagree with. As an example, you might be anti-smoking or anti-Lutheran or anti-communist yet still interact with people of that faith or mindset or those who smoke.

Those aren't funny. It's not you - it's the junk that is posted on the internet. Some of it is just very nasty or childish.

Dont speak for all of us. I love the second one.

OP: I have a sense of humor, but it is very dark and very dry. Usually it just horrifies people. As a person who has suffered many physical injuries, I find it hilarious when people eat it, once I am sure that they are not actually injured. To be fair, I laugh the hardest when I'm the one on the ground going, "ow ow ow ow!"

Does that mean if there's a stick coming back in the mouth of a dog it's called a boomerang? :D

Hmmmm....I do not think so........No, My dogs want me to throw their dog toys for them to bring back. So I think in that case the stick would be considered a dog toy...............Not a boomerang.

I have a sense of humour. Just because I don't laugh at the typical "bro banter" in social situations, doesn't mean I don't find anything funny.

My sense of humour is more child-like and surreal.

I've never enjoyed TV or film comedies, because they're mostly simply not funny to me. I have enjoyed Seinfeld episodes, and I still get a laugh out of The Three Stooges' absurdist sadism. As I recall, we kind of liked "Bridesmaids."

I have a sense of humor, but a lot of NTs don't get it because it's usually deadpan or sarcastic. Or in other cases it's just over people's heads.

New Threads

Top Bottom