• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do Aspies Have A Sense of Humor?

Some do, some don't. Difficulty understanding humor (getting the joke) does seem to be a tendency with Aspies, but its not absolute or universal. Quite a few here certainly do have a sense of humor. I have always enjoyed humor and joke a lot myself. But I have had to focus on it and still have a little difficulty at times discerning it. I still retain some literal interpretation tendency.

Well, I can say that I have a sense of humour but people don't always "get" it.

My humour is often science / geek based.

Some do, some don't. Difficulty understanding humor (getting the joke) does seem to be a tendency with Aspies, but its not absolute or universal. Quite a few here certainly do have a sense of humor. I have always enjoyed humor and joke a lot myself. But I have had to focus on it and still have a little difficulty at times discerning it. I still retain some literal interpretation tendency.

Three guys walk into a bar jokes are one thing, when it's like a riddle I won't get it sometimes and end up saying "I don't get it" then the person is like "the third guy is God" or something like that. But just in every day situations or just impromptu comments about current events or whatever is what I really mean.

Would many of you find stuff like this funny?
Angel.jpg

Those aren't funny. It's not you - it's the junk that is posted on the internet. Some of it is just very nasty or childish.

Thats funny.. :pPPPP

I have a sense of humor and I like to crack jokes situationally. Im not always good at it but some go through nicely. I only attempt it with people that know me well.

When I'm in public around a lot of people, I imagine that I'm just doing a stand up comedy routine and that makes it less personal so I have an easier time making conversations with people.

No, I didn't get either initially, tbh. But I am not familar with Sarah Mclachlan.

Depends on your sense of humor I would think, and what you find funny. My husband likes the kind of humor that you've put up. Everyone's different, including Aspies.

New Threads

Top Bottom