• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
Yeah any options on my part were taken away. I should have seen this coming. Seems like everyone is shutting down, regardless of the terms government wants.

At least I can still operate my car, but some of the computerized safety gizmos aren't working. Just hope nothing else goes wrong.

But the good news? I managed to get 4 rolls of toilet paper, two tiny cube-shaped boxes of tissues, and two rolls of paper towels. Everything's being rationed now, one package each to a customer.

Scored on the paper products!

You know, I did have the best Sunday I've had in a long long time. Why? Because many churches went on line with their Sunday services - it was brought to me, which I wish they would continue.

I'm still working. I work in a hospital and we are NEVER closed. It's business as usual and I'm glad for that because if I was sent home from my shut-down work, I would go mental. Or maybe I would be mental because my two teenagers are there, home from their shut-down schools.

I did a intense workout video on YouTube still sweating so I am not gaining weight not going out much. I am going to only go out twice a week to walk.

I have my virtual life group tonight, a virtual bible study tomorrow, virtual pray meeting Friday, and virtual Church on Sunday so my social life is not down the toilet.

I am still peeved about Amazon delaying shipments though. They should at least offer partial credit as Prime as 2 day shipping is now 2 month shipping.

Think this is a good test for the next thing that rolls down the line. Our existence hasn't turned into LA riots because of shortage of TP and Lysol, or loss of jobs. Texas and Florida have nothing on the law books requiring us to stay in, so l bet that may change. The next big thing will probably be weather related or obviously a manmade nightmare. So this is a lesson to me what to keep fully stocked at all times. TP, chocolate, Lysol, canned foods, water.
Because l hate going to the store, l tend to like bulk buying. I am scared when water supplies dwindle. I personally saw how low Lake Powell dropped. California is very dependent on this. I actually based my last move on where do l want to live should we face a giant catastrophe. (Proactive thinking)☺

Last edited:
I feel so lucky as we've got lots of food and also lots of toilet paper. We went to BJs before this started to get bad and bought a large package of toilet paper that has 36 rolls. This was just before the panic buying started. The stores are still out of it in this area. And we have the bidet toilet seats so don't really use or need much toilet paper- I expect that much to last us a few months.

But our local supermarkets (Lowes foods and Food Lion) will both let you order online and deliver to your car for a fee ($4-$5per trip) if you go and pick them up, or to your home if you pay a bit more. So I go on line and place orders every 3-4 days to stay on top of things as Lowe's gave us 1 mo. of online shopping for free. We just drive up, open the trunk and they put the order in. Don't even have to sign anything if we use Paypal. Also filled up the gas tank several days ago but am hardly going anywhere so that should last us a long time too.

I took everything out of the pantry and put all the food cans on the dining room table so we can easily find things and know what we have. It's so much better than a jammed up pantry I might never change it back again!

So mainly watching the news via computer and TV, watching TV shows and movies and taking naps. Am not an anxious person but this virus has gotten to me a bit so am slightly more anxious than usual.

We adopted a new cat shortly before this all happened so now have 2 cats who are trying to get along. Oliver the new cat is very cute but a bit distant. He is somewhat unsocialized and acts like a little child. He pushes boundaries with Lucy as he wants to be friends and she is very wary of him but is getting more tolerant as time goes on. So that too is a distraction.

Hope everyone is well and staying careful!

Attachments

• Oliver portrait.jpg
    Oliver portrait.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Oliver's tail.jpg
    Oliver's tail.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Oliver chinning on the cat tower.jpg
    Oliver chinning on the cat tower.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 0
Yes he is really beautiful and cute as well. He's not very people oriented but he's from a situation where he was being abused by another cat and dog so his owners wanted to find him a good home. We are real cat lovers here and felt very lucky to get him complete with vet check and papers, shots and a microchip all at no cost to us. But he's 3 yo and needs to learn how to relate to loving people. He will in time. Lucy was very standoffish when I got her, now she's a complete lovebug who talks to me and understands many words.

Wow, Oliver is absolutely stunning @LucyPurrs

Ginger/red cats are my all time favourites :catface::catface::catface:

Omg- he will have his commercial endorsements anytime soon. My my , so gorgeous. I feel slightly guilty, l did watch documentary on our water supply, but l endlessly logged too many hours of cat videos on YouTube. I am trying to be responsible and hope to find older kitty to adopt.

Thankful l don't deal with toxic people too much, and l am thankful for the great people l know. This made me stop and think about what l am truly happy about.

Today I began a complete overhaul of my freshwater fish tanks.
It was pretty filthy and was in desperate of it so some other fish could move to it and claim it as their own.
I buried the last of my original goldfishes earlier this year, with a lump in my throat and a fond memory of it and the rest of it's school.

The new school has been here a bit over a year, and soon will need the increased capacity the rig I cleaned today can offer.
I went thru all of my gear while I was at it and believe me, this hoarder has way too much of it, but now it is all organized and easy to find.
The old bowfront ain't lookin' to shabby either :)

Instead of focusing on the negativities we are now facing, I used my time today to do something good for both myself and my aquatic friends.

I would like to suggest that all of you try to attempt to bury yourselves in some feel good activities instead of dwelling on the uncertainties that are ahead of us now.

I'm not trying to make light of anyone's issues with any of this, but please try to find hope in a positive outcome instead of exploring the darkest parts of this.

Like it or not, we as a planet will have to face this crazy battle together, and after the dust settles, we can take pride in knowing we did our best to come out on top.

Hope is something you should never give up on and never let anyone or anything try to take away ;)

As you were soldiers, make me proud

Think this is a good test for the next thing that rolls down the line. Our existence hasn't turned into LA riots because of shortage of TP and Lysol, or loss of jobs. Texas and Florida have nothing on the law books requiring us to stay in, so l bet that may change. The next big thing will probably be weather related or obviously a manmade nightmare. So this is a lesson to me what to keep fully stocked at all times. TP, chocolate, Lysol, canned foods, water.
Because l hate going to the store, l tend to like bulk buying. I am scared when water supplies dwindle. I personally saw how low Lake Powell dropped. California is very dependent on this. I actually based my last move on where do l want to live should we face a giant catastrophe. (Proactive thinking)☺

I like that chocolate made the top 5.. ;)

It was pretty filthy and was in desperate of it so some other fish could move to it and claim it as their own.
I buried the last of my original goldfishes earlier this year, with a lump in my throat and a fond memory of it and the rest of it's school.

The new school has been here a bit over a year, and soon will need the increased capacity the rig I cleaned today can offer.
I went thru all of my gear while I was at it and believe me, this hoarder has way too much of it, but now it is all organized and easy to find.

Instead of focusing on the negativities we are now facing, I used my time today to do something good for both myself and my aquatic friends.

I would like to suggest that all of you try to attempt to bury yourselves in some feel good activities instead of dwelling on the uncertainties that are ahead of us now.

I'm not trying to make light of anyone's issues with any of this, but please try to find hope in a positive outcome instead of exploring the darkest parts of this.

Like it or not, we as a planet will have to face this crazy battle together, and after the dust settles, we can take pride in knowing we did our best to come out on top.

Hope is something you should never give up on and never let anyone or anything try to take away ;)

Nice! I bet the fishes will be happy with your work! :)

I spent the day making a soil blend and repotting all my cucumbers and tomatoes into bigger pots..
Now they are all sitting out in the greenhouse enjoying the afternoon sun.. I'll probably still have to bring them in at night though.. Still gets too cold out there.. It snowed last night.

I'm spending a lot of time on my allotment - permitted exercise under UK's current lockdown criteria. There is a lot less traffic on roads, barely any overhead aircraft noise & most people seem to be adhering to advice.

I agree about the lack of testing meaning there is no accurate data on numbers of affected people or % mortality & I know people who think they already had illness symptomatic of C19 in mild form.

I wish everyone strength & solidarity too.

But l feel slightly guilty that it took a toilet roll shortage for me to find things to be thankful for. I mean what kind of spectrum logic is that? Happiness = endless supply of toilet rolls???? Under the United States of America, l pledge alliegence to toilet paper and cans of Lysol. For which it stands, under one toilet roll that my cat attacked and now lays in totally useless strips on my bathroom floor. Amen.

Had the same situation with my electric blue crayfish tank which I hadn't cleaned in about 4-6 weeks. Recently he molted and is now quite large (5 inches). His tank was filled with algae. So yesterday my room mate and I took him out and scrubbed the tank clean. Now it looks so much better and I don't have that nagging little voice saying "clean Claws's tank" , LOL. Hope you, Nitro, will post some pictures of your bowfront aquarium!!!
Claws after molting.jpg

A video that came up on my recommended, with this guy (Seamus) suggesting you sing songs you actually want to sing while watching your hands as opposed to singing Happy Birthday twice.

(The guy even admits that it's probably the worst video he's ever made)

New Threads

Top Bottom