• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters

Here's my latest video upload on the Coronavirus pandemic this time round discussing quarantine and why it is so important. I also mention how I am prepared to survive the world wide pandemic and what it will happen if I contract the COVID-19 virus.

Actually having a very hard time here. It wouldn’t impact my spouse and me much, due to our lifestyle preferences, but I am currently my mother’s caretaker, post icu/sepsis recovery. Something of a nightmare on its own, but the added circumstances make this tremendously stressful for myself, my spouse and especially my mother. She’s a one menu kind of eater (and potentially asd/add), whereas I’m more utilitarian about my nutritional needs. Just getting food she’s willing to eat (without unnecessarily increasing her risk of infection) is proving to be quite difficult. I’m going to make some calls today, see what I can do.

Oh, and my new dog has a tumor on her tail that requires surgical removal . She’s scheduled for the 31st, but it’s hard to know what the world will look like tomorrow, much less 9 days from now.
I’m scared, sad and exhausted, just doing the best I can. Grateful for what I have, when I have it.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Personally I am mostly worried about the ecomical effects for my family. It looks quite bad from that point of view. Social distancing and remote working suit me perfectly. I actually enjoy this much more than working in the office.

Oh, and my new dog has a tumor on her tail that requires surgical removal . She’s scheduled for the 31st, but it’s hard to know what the world will look like tomorrow, much less 9 days from now.
I’m scared, sad and exhausted, just doing the best I can. Grateful for what I have, when I have it.
My vet is allowing owners to bring pets to the parking lot, then the staff will come out and get the pet, take it into the facility, treat it, then return it to the owner the same way. I bet if you ask the vet if they can do that, they would accommodate you.

At one point maybe ten years ago, I was post-surgical and barely able to walk let alone carry a pet carrier. I made a similar arrangement, for staff to carry the animal inside while I came in with a walker (which requires two hands).

I am truly sorry I can't offer any suggestions with regard to care for your mother. Good luck, it does sound very stressful.

Guess l am calling my female friends more, seeing how they are coping. Nobody has gotten sick. I have a little stress because l hate where l live. I have decided now is the time to buy a home because sales have dropped putting me in the best seat.

For those that don't feel up to walking their energetic dogs out in public,

Their are many sites and social media groups that offer ideas for Brain Games.

Getting the animal to use it's brain in a different way can be as effective as a five mile hike thus keeping the animal calmer. Fullfilled.

There are calming massage type sites too. Tellington Touch being just one.

(No chewed furniture and stir crazy neurotic dogs) :)

I am at high risk due to lifelong respiratory issues. The way I look at it is I can stay isolated while everyone else goes about business as usual.

I appreciate the government wanting to shut everything down to save me, but it really is not necessary.

Toward managing anxiety regarding health/COVID-19
Outline from short article (linked below).

1) Avoid the (Health-Related) News
2) Try Not to Seek Constant Reassurance
3) Introduce an Absolute Ban on Googling Symptoms
4) Try a Countering Technique
5) Do Some Exercise
6) Breathing and Grounding Exercises
7) Allocate Yourself a Daily ‘Worry Period’
8) Treat Yourself
9) Remember That Your Anxious State Isn’t Permanent

If Coronavirus Scares You, Read This to Take Control Over Your Health Anxiety - The Guardian - Pocket

Eventually this will slow down and the numbers will taper off. We need to realise this and take a deep breath.

This virus is ruining my life. I can't go out for walks, hang out at Church groups, go to Chuch on Sunday, seconds course canceled. Everything cancelled.

What I have remained of a social life is restricted virtual on my small phone screen which is mostly texting as millennium's I am friends with don't like to make phone calls. Except for video chats that are virtual life group mettings or virtual church.

Now the tipping point Amazon as nothing in stock anymore. I wanted to order dumbbells since I can't walk and I want to lose weight well they don't have them in stock. So I can't even do that.

This virus should have been contained in China then the world would not be suffering. Now we got people from my Church family they could lose there job and they can't go out either.

This virus is ruining my life. I can't go out for walks, hang out at Church groups, go to Chuch on Sunday, seconds course canceled. Everything cancelled.

What I have remained of a social life is restricted virtual on my small phone screen which is mostly texting as millennium's I am friends with don't like to make phone calls. Except for video chats that are virtual life group mettings.

Now the tipping point Amazon as nothing in stock anymore. I wanted to order dumbbells since I can't walk and I want to lose weight well they don't have them in stock. So I can't even do that.

This virus should have been contained in China then the world would not be suffering. Now we got people from my Church family they could lose there job and they can't go out either.

Try to hang in there. I am taking time to talk to the brave souls in stores and restaurants, because they are brave to show up at work.

New Threads

Top Bottom