• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
It's a sinister plot arising from a typo* and marketing manipulation,
originated by alien entities who have infiltrated the earth with the
goal of dominating the internet and stealing the formula for
Bosco.

*Be wary of any group of crows numbering 19.

A group of crows that size (anything over several) is called a murder. Never quite understood why.

Sorry, dealing with what?.

Never heard of it.

I guess I should get out more.

2 weeks ago, I met someone just like that.. She works in the health care sector even, but had no idea what was going on with Covid... Somehow... We had to bring her up to speed... :p

A group of crows that size (anything over several) is called a murder. Never quite understood why.

Unless there's only 2? ;)
what-do-you-call-two-crows-attempted-murder-quicknseme-com-6588235.png

Unknown.jpg

What’s a murder of crows?
A group of crows is called a “murder.” There are several different explanations for the origin of this term, mostly based on old folk tales and superstitions.

For instance, there is a folktale that crows will gather and decide the capital fate of another crow.

Many view the appearance of crows as an omen of death because ravens and crows are scavengers and are generally associated with dead bodies, battlefields, and cemeteries, and they’re thought to circle in large numbers above sites where animals or people are expected to soon die.

But the term “murder of crows” reflects a time when groupings of many animals had colorful and poetic names. Other examples of “group” names include: an ostentation of peacocks, a parliament of owls, a knot of frogs, and a skulk of foxes.

A Murder of Crows | Crow Facts | Nature | PBS

Looking for events aspies see and think are unique for this time. It is a historic moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually purchased one roll of paper towels and 4 rolls of toilet paper. And no - you cannot come over and use my restroom. Or my two pet crows will have to be called in.
They ride mini Honda bikes with little black leather jackets- be scared.

Looking for events aspies see and think are unique for this time. It is a historic moment.

There are more birds than there used to be here. On walks people keep their distance but still say hello. More people on bikes, the air is cleaner from the lack of traffic. People seem more relaxed, even kinder than usual where I live.

Last edited:
I did a intense workout video on YouTube still sweating so I am not gaining weight not going out much. I am going to only go out twice a week to walk.

I have my virtual life group tonight, a virtual bible study tomorrow, virtual pray meeting Friday, and virtual Church on Sunday so my social life is not down the toilet.

I am still peeved about Amazon delaying shipments though. They should at least offer partial credit as Prime as 2 day shipping is now 2 month shipping.

Would you tell me the link on Youtube?

Today I began a complete overhaul of my freshwater fish tanks.
It was pretty filthy and was in desperate of it so some other fish could move to it and claim it as their own.
I buried the last of my original goldfishes earlier this year, with a lump in my throat and a fond memory of it and the rest of it's school.

The new school has been here a bit over a year, and soon will need the increased capacity the rig I cleaned today can offer.
I went thru all of my gear while I was at it and believe me, this hoarder has way too much of it, but now it is all organized and easy to find.
The old bowfront ain't lookin' to shabby either :)

Instead of focusing on the negativities we are now facing, I used my time today to do something good for both myself and my aquatic friends.

I would like to suggest that all of you try to attempt to bury yourselves in some feel good activities instead of dwelling on the uncertainties that are ahead of us now.

I'm not trying to make light of anyone's issues with any of this, but please try to find hope in a positive outcome instead of exploring the darkest parts of this.

Like it or not, we as a planet will have to face this crazy battle together, and after the dust settles, we can take pride in knowing we did our best to come out on top.

Hope is something you should never give up on and never let anyone or anything try to take away ;)

As you were soldiers, make me proud

Thank you very much. You helped me.

Had the same situation with my electric blue crayfish tank which I hadn't cleaned in about 4-6 weeks. Recently he molted and is now quite large (5 inches). His tank was filled with algae. So yesterday my room mate and I took him out and scrubbed the tank clean. Now it looks so much better and I don't have that nagging little voice saying "clean Claws's tank" , LOL. Hope you, Nitro, will post some pictures of your bowfront aquarium!!!View attachment 61209
20200327_180306.jpg

I'm treating this very similar to a new startup, but I'm working with about 30% of the original water.
I'll be cycling it for a few weeks and left the culture that exists in the canister filter in place to help it along.
I still have to tweak the chemistry levels a little due to my hard water, and the nitrate & nitrite levels are borderline, but the rest of the readings on the test strips are looking favorable.
The next step will be to add some change water from an existing rig that will likely occur next week.

New Threads

Top Bottom