• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An upcoming movie you want to see

I already was quite interested to see Suicide squad, but after last weeks trailer, I'm totally on board for that :D

Even if the Joker doesn't play a big role in the titular team, he's going to be in it (as is Batman, from what I've seen/heard). Seeing Jared Leto as the Joker in the trailer seems like a nice take on it. While Heath Ledger was a great Joker, Leto's joker border more towards psychopath as it would seem to Ledger's anarchist theme... (well, and while we're at it, Romero's clown and Nicholson's gangster). I never considered the Joker to be a clown at it's core, but, especially in the more recent comics a full blown psychopath, who just happens to like a clown theme going on. But with Leto's incarnation, there's plenty of criticism of people saying how he looks like he looks like someone that should work at Hot topic, lol... I guess it makes his version less "timeless" though.

Yeah, and Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn... I'm not complaining :D

Trailer below

I already was quite interested to see Suicide squad, but after last weeks trailer, I'm totally on board for that :D

Even if the Joker doesn't play a big role in the titular team, he's going to be in it (as is Batman, from what I've seen/heard). Seeing Jared Leto as the Joker in the trailer seems like a nice take on it. While Heath Ledger was a great Joker, Leto's joker border more towards psychopath as it would seem to Ledger's anarchist theme... (well, and while we're at it, Romero's clown and Nicholson's gangster). I never considered the Joker to be a clown at it's core, but, especially in the more recent comics a full blown psychopath, who just happens to like a clown theme going on. But with Leto's incarnation, there's plenty of criticism of people saying how he looks like he looks like someone that should work at Hot topic, lol... I guess it makes his version less "timeless" though.

Yeah, and Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn... I'm not complaining :D

Trailer below

I seen the trailer and think it looks interesting i think hated letos take on the joker looks promising and i think the whole idea of a team of supervillains instead of superheroes is a different take to a comic movie.

This one is mainly for nostalgia purposes; having read the books and watched the TV series when I was a kid.

Godzilla: Monster Planet and Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters

The Monster King's first anime movie and the third part of Legendary's Monsterverse - the first been Godzilla (2014) while the second was Kong: Skull Island (2017).

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales.

I'm worried it will be a disappointment like On Stranger Tides... But I love the first three so willing to give number 5 a go :)

The original "It" movie scared me pretty bad as a kid so I'm definitely looking forward to the new one in September. I removed the link in case people don't want to see the clown lol but trailer is on youtube.

The original "It" movie scared me pretty bad as a kid so I'm definitely looking forward to the new one in September. I removed the link in case people don't want to see the clown lol but trailer is on youtube.

Oh yeah, It scared the crap out of me as a kid. I still get freaked out by clowns today because of that movie. :eek:

I'm looking forward to:

Blade Runner 2049

Valerian & the City of a Thousand Planets

The Dark Tower. I'm really hoping this will be good. I haven't read the Stephen King series but might look into before the film comes out.

I also want to see Get Out. I didn't have a chance to see it in theaters.

Oh yeah, It scared the crap out of me as a kid. I still get freaked out by clowns today because of that movie. :eek:

I decided to watch the film after coming across Nostalgia Critic's review of it and while it did have some creepy moments, I wasn't really that scared by it.
When you see Pennywise in the library saying "Do you have Prince Albert in a can? You do! - Well you better let the poor guy out! "Wa-ha! Wa-ha! Wa-ha!", I was laughing because it just looked funny.
The new version's design of Pennywise definitely looks creepy, though.

Review is here if you want to see it:

The Dark Tower. I'm really hoping this will be good. I haven't read the Stephen King series but might look into before the film comes out.

I'm interested in the Dark Tower too. I read all the books several years ago and liked them. Won't give away anything but there are so many things in the book that seem impossible to put in a movie so it will be interesting to see how they do it.

When you see Pennywise in the library saying "Do you have Prince Albert in a can? You do! - Well you better let the poor guy out! "Wa-ha! Wa-ha! Wa-ha!", I was laughing because it just looked funny.

lol. I wonder how I would react to it if I saw it for the first time now. When I was like 10 or 11 I was so scared of Pennywise that I didn't appreciate the silliness and now just because of my memories it still kind of freaks me out.

I decided to watch the film after coming across Nostalgia Critic's review of it and while it did have some creepy moments, I wasn't really that scared by it.
The new version's design of Pennywise definitely looks creepy, though.

Review is here if you want to see it:

To be honest, that clown's still pretty freakin scary, lol.

lol. I wonder how I would react to it if I saw it for the first time now. When I was like 10 or 11 I was so scared of Pennywise that I didn't appreciate the silliness and now just because of my memories it still kind of freaks me out.

I saw the movie when I was like 8. I found it terrifying. I still don't think I can watch it now. Too many bad memories. o_O

New Threads

Top Bottom