• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An upcoming movie you want to see

Unless I get an interview for that job at Game I applied for last week, I plan to go and see the new Johnny English movie next week, possibly Tuesday afternoon.

Godzilla: The Planet Eater
The final film of the Godzilla Anime Trilogy as the Human-Exif-Bilasaludo alliance crumbles and a creature potentially more powerful than Godzilla appears to destroy Earth's ruler: The King of the Void, Ghidorah.

(Trailer is in Japanese and will be released in Japan on November 9th. No information on when the subtitled/dubbed versions will be released on Netflix).

Lovelive! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie: Over The Rainbow is to be released on 4 January 2019 but I'm sure it won't be in cinemas in the UK, and I'll have trouble finding it on DVD when it is eventually released on DVD/Blue ray.. I'll probably end up ordering it from Japan, paying for the annoying post office handling fee they apply when the tax is not paid by the seller.. Oh I do hate this system and wish I could get hard copies of everything I like without ever having to resort to bootleg DVDs or just watching stuff online.

What's it about? Same as all music anime movie spin offs haha! The group will go on a trip abroad, where they'll do a gig consisting of only one song.. They'll probably have a "traditional musical" song by each subgroup spaced evenly through the movie, that we'll assume is like a dream sequence or illustration of their feelings.. Then they go home again and maybe one more gig, where they'll just play one or two songs but it'll be a huge crowd and the audience will cry because it's surely the end of the series and last we'll ever see of the characters we have come to love except in smartphone games lol. All very standard and predictable stuff lol!
I'm okay with that as it's what I like. It's all very feel good and will make me smile and forget my troubles for the time I'm absorbed in watching it. :)

Lovelive! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie: Over The Rainbow is to be released on 4 January 2019 but I'm sure it won't be in cinemas in the UK, and I'll have trouble finding it on DVD when it is eventually released on DVD/Blue ray.. I'll probably end up ordering it from Japan, paying for the annoying post office handling fee they apply when the tax is not paid by the seller.. Oh I do hate this system and wish I could get hard copies of everything I like without ever having to resort to bootleg DVDs or just watching stuff online.

What's it about? Same as all music anime movie spin offs haha! The group will go on a trip abroad, where they'll do a gig consisting of only one song.. They'll probably have a "traditional musical" song by each subgroup spaced evenly through the movie, that we'll assume is like a dream sequence or illustration of their feelings.. Then they go home again and maybe one more gig, where they'll just play one or two songs but it'll be a huge crowd and the audience will cry because it's surely the end of the series and last we'll ever see of the characters we have come to love except in smartphone games lol. All very standard and predictable stuff lol!
I'm okay with that as it's what I like. It's all very feel good and will make me smile and forget my troubles for the time I'm absorbed in watching it. :)

You may find it at HMV when it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray. I went into HMV recently to look for a film that came out in 2017 and found that they had a whole section dedicated to anime (seriously, the amount of Dragonball DVDs they had was insane).
I could be wrong, but HMV sounds like a good place to start for when your film gets a release. :)

You may find it at HMV when it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray. I went into HMV recently to look for a film that came out in 2017 and found that they had a whole section dedicated to anime (seriously, the amount of Dragonball DVDs they had was insane).
I could be wrong, but HMV sounds like a good place to start for when your film gets a release. :)
I actually thought HMV had closed all its shops but I may look at their online shop. I'll just goggle the title and buy it from anywhere I can. But the 2nd season of LLSS seems to be impossible to find in the UK.

I actually thought HMV had closed all its shops but I may look at their online shop. I'll just goggle the title and buy it from anywhere I can. But the 2nd season of LLSS seems to be impossible to find in the UK.

Yeah HMV did actually go bust a few years back but some of their shops are still trading.

Like Game, they went bust around 2009 but they're still trading both in-store and online.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm going to try and see the new Nutcracker movie this week.

And possibly a second viewing of Bohemian Rhapsody.

The Christmas Chronicles
A new movie coming out on Netflix about a pair of kids who, while trying to get film footage of Santa (played by Kurt Russell), accidentally cause Santa's sleigh to crash. As such, they and Santa have to work together to deliver the remainder of the presents.

The story sounds pretty simplistic, but what makes me interested in this one is not only that the comedy in the trailers got some giggles out of me and my mum, but because Kurt Russell's version of Santa seems to be a more modern version who still seems to be a nice guy but he's pretty blunt and straight to the point - like in one of the trailers where the girl asks if he can say "Ho-ho-ho", to which he replies "I don't 'Ho-ho-ho' - that's a myth".

Here's the teaser and official trailers (the film itself is released to Netflix on 22nd November - I don't know if it will also get a cinematic release):

Regrettably, I haven't seen any of the films I've mentioned so far in this thread. I so often hear of a flick that sounds interesting but by the time I get round to looking it up online I find that the general release is past and gone, or the nearest screening is inconvenient to get to. I do wish there were some app which would store a list of films and notify me when they're available at my local cinema, or even tip me off if I happen to be visiting another town for the day. Or is the Vue app supposed to do that?

The latest film to catch my attention is Disobedience, based on the novel by Naomi Alderman. Admittedly I didn't think that much of the novel, although I did give it five stars on Goodreads for no better reason than that Naomi is one of my Facebook friends (we were at school together). Having grown up in Golders Green (a London suburb renowned for its sizeable Jewish community, a bit like Brooklyn), I thought I was reasonably informed about Jewish cultural practices but frankly there was so much terminology in the novel I didn't understand that I could have done with a glossary. Maybe the film will make things clearer.

I want to watch the animated movie I Want To Eat Your Pancreas, but I don't think it will ever get a UK release. It is based on a novel of the same name and is a bittersweet romantic sort of story about terminal illness and stuff. I am sure it'll be a real tear-jerker.
It was in cinemas in Japan in September and I have read it will be shown in some USA cinemas.
There was a live action movie also based on the novel but with a slightly changed title Let Me Eat Your Pancreas.

The new Mary Poppins looks good, OK it might not be a classic like the original, but at least Disney won't ruin the original.

I've not been too fussed with the live-action remakes of Disney's animated films...but I will admit, this one has my attention. I'll wait for the official trailer to come out but for now this teaser is pretty cool.

I've not been too fussed with the live-action remakes of Disney's animated films...but I will admit, this one has my attention. I'll wait for the official trailer to come out but for now this teaser is pretty cool.

I wish people wouldn't put "teasers" on there, they're nearly always fake... Like there's a 1001 trailers for the next Star Wars and it's nowhere near ready yet, doesn't come out till the week before Christmas next year.

An upcoming movie that's piqued my interest is the He Man movie which apparently comes out late next year, it's apparently going to be closer to the source material than that rubbish Masters of the Universe movie from 31 years ago.

Three Identical Strangers - based on the true story of a set of identical triplets who were separated at birth for a genetics experiment.

New Threads

Top Bottom