• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Username and/or Avatar/Photo.

I like your avatar @Pats.
It’s friendly :)
Was there something in particular you’d like to change it to?

Gracey - a bit like the hurricane names, the turn of the G.

Avatar - I hope you’re not squeamish.

The developing brain of a 12wk old foetus, inside the womb.

I like your avatar @Pats.
It’s friendly :)
Was there something in particular you’d like to change it to?

Gracey - a bit like the hurricane names, the turn of the G.

Avatar - I hope you’re not squeamish.

The developing brain of a 12wk old foetus, inside the womb.
See I just don't know what would be ME except for me. :) I like hearing how everyone else came up with theirs.

Mainly because it's simple, and it shows my face clearly, so people who're ever curious about what I look like can know :D

Mine is self-explanitory really... it's the cover of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, an album that I like, but it's different, a strange, distorted wonky one. Kind of like how I feel. I also like that it represents a spectrum :)

Because online is not completely trustworthy, I feel obliged to show what I look like, but there is a bit of a snag, I do not have any photos of now, because I hate them so much and thus, this one of me is not recent, but still is me and looks like me lol

I would rather have another avatar, but stick with this, to ease people ( hopefully).

My avatar is my favorite ancient Sith Lord, Darth Nihilus.

I’ve got action figures of him, books, even a poster or two.

I also have a drawing that I did of him in high school, I remember my art teacher thinking he was some demonic creature. It was fun explaining to her just who he is.

My name, Misery, actually comes from the character in my avatar there. She is from a game called Cave Story.

At one point awhile back I joined up on a specific forum for a retro gaming forum, and needed a name. Previous names that I most frequently used were already taken. I had been playing that game at the time and eventually just said "bah, screw it, I'll just pick someone from this" rather than sit there agonizing over the bloody name all day. I soon found a particularly good picture of the character and a quick bit of cropping resulted in that specific avatar image.

Interestingly, as I went further into the game, I would later realize that Misery's personality in the game's story is *very* similar to how I am IRL. I dont think I come across quite that way on forums here, but IRL... yeah. But the other bit was the responses I got. I am not a very positive person. I can be very negative and will rant alot about stuff. Over the course of just one single week on that forum, I was told so many times that "the name really fits you" that I've stuck with it since.

A few years later and the name and avatar are permanently attached to me. Hell, theres a few indie games where I'm in the credits either as one of the developers or testers or whatever, and it's always "Misery" instead of my real name. Real names are boring and sucky, I like this one more. So both the name and image arent going anywhere anytime soon.

I also thought of doing a cosplay of this character at one point, but then I realized "UGH EFFORT" and so I didnt. So there's that too.

Mine is a picture of Michael Ansara from the old Outer Limits episode 'Soldier'. I thought it humorous that eighteen hundred years in the future soldiers still smoked cigerettes.

My screen name is the same as I use for everything. CLG is my initials and 114 is because there are 113 CLGs before me. The photo is a very large machine at the Idaho Nuclear Engineering Laboratory. My special interest is machinery, the bigger the better.

I like your avatar Pat! You look like a cool fun person. A laid back hippy. That’s what people always said about me too. Of course I was. ;). Were you a hippy Pat?
Oh, I changed my avatar because I like original things. The other picture was not my own. That always bothered me. Unfortunately I am not able to draw that well with my mouse and could not seem to center my picture for anything, but hey, I am hoping it has character. o_O;):)o_O What would make for a better avatar for me. That might be cool if people let us suggest avatars.

Last edited:
I like your avatar Pat! You look like a cool fun person. A laid back hippy. That’s what people always said about me too. Of course I was. ;). Were you a hippy Pat?
Oh, I changed my avatar because I like original things. The other picture was not my own. That always bothered me. Unfortunately I am not able to draw that well with my mouse and could not seem to center my picture for anything, but hey, I am hoping it has character. o_O;):)o_O What would make for a better avatar for me. That might be cool if people let us suggest avatars.
Yes, I was a hippie. :) I like originality too. And I like your new avatar.

Mine is of a Vortex of Fire that I took as an accidental photo when I dropped my camera trying to take a photo of a bonfire. This isn't the first one, but one of the coolest ones I learned from that mistake. It also reflects the heat of where I live and also my mind, a swirling vortex of fire lol. If you look at mine closely near the center and a little to the right and down, there's a little flame fairy in the pic, or what looks like one, and I thought that was cool too.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom