• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Username and/or Avatar/Photo.

I've liked Ghost In The Shell, for a long while now. The whole show is just extremely interesting and it's always throwing out things about life. That even i question about alot, and i just like Batou. He's the second in command, and he is always the one who brings up these questions. Plus, i like his character.
(Batou is the avatar atm)

Didn't like the old one, so I created a new avatar that is more like who I want to be seen as.
I'm not satisfied with it, but it will do for the moment.

I have an idea of what my ideal avatar is, but I would need to meet the right people to do anything about that.

The Mackinac Bridge. About an hour north of me, and my favorite place to go ever since I was very little.

I took that pic in the spring of 2013. Which was a particularly enjoyable and memorable period of my life. My daughter and I were still close, and when she was here we did a lot of camping and bike riding and traveling over the bridge. A long marriage ended the previous year, and after a long winter it was a period of solitude and self discovery for me. I just got my first 4WD, built a bike rack for it, and on my off weekends I would go out with nothing else but some books and a tent and a camera, to different camprounds, and would explore seasonal roads and the desolate wilderness up north. This was also before I developed most of the health issues I have now, and could more easily do those things.

A stealthy feline just seems to fit my personality.
Also mine is an illusional composite.
Depicting that even a creature that might give a don't mess with me appearance
can be a big kitty cat tickled to talk with a delicate butterfly.

My screen name is a nickname version of a character I created when I was young and basically always use either the full name or nickname.

My avatar is my favorite pokemon! Dragonair - where dratini s evolution should have ended. I just picked it because it represents one aspect of my life that has been pervasive since I was young like 8 or 9 or so when I got my first pokemon game. Wow. It's been like 20 years. I don't feel that old. How did this happen?!

I glitched up my photo... To represent that most of the time my reality seems to be out of focus, fragmented. Nothing seems real, I feel invisible to everyone around me. Maybe someday I'll just glitch out of existence and no one will notice.
I made sure my eyes are swiped out, because I guess I feel I don't see the world the same way others do. It's bleak, desolate and pointless.

Last edited:
I'm just terrible at drawing, so I gave up trying to create a face for the avatar.
I like your current avatar, it's quite mysterious! - If you'd like, I can try to draw something for you? DM me with your idea. I can't promise it'll look exactly the way you want it, but I'll try to do my best!

I like your current avatar, it's quite mysterious! - If you'd like, I can try to draw something for you? DM me with your idea. I can't promise it'll look exactly the way you want it, but I'll try to do my best!

I'd take her up on that @Crozix f I were you :)

@Monachopia is a remarkably talented artist IMO. Her style and attention to detail is incredibly high quality and emotionally moving. I've already seen a few of her drawingsI'd like to frame and display.
She should be doing album/book cover art for scifi/fantasy novels or goth & metal bands!

I'd take her up on that @Crozix f I were you :)

@Monachopia is a remarkably talented artist IMO. Her style and attention to detail is incredibly high quality and emotionally moving. I've already seen a few of her drawingsI'd like to frame and display.
She should be doing album/book cover art for scifi/fantasy novels or goth & metal bands!

That I was not satisfied with my avatar was probably not the correct words, as I am satisfied with my avatar; It is more that I have an ideal avatar I that I will pursue if I meet the right artist with the correct style for what I want.

So I have to turn down @Monachopia's offer, as while her art is beautiful it's not what I'm looking for.

I glitched up my photo... To represent that most of the time my reality seems to be out of focus, fragmented. Nothing seems real, I feel invisible to everyone around me. Maybe someday I'll just glitch out of existence and no one will notice.
I made sure my eyes are swiped out, because I guess I feel I don't see the world the same way others do. It's bleak, desolate and pointless.
I always thought it was a steam locomotive.

I have to say it looks quite similar of my old avatar, but I had databent my old avatar as It was an old photo of myself from 2013 I didn't like.

I picked the drama masks because of my interest in amateur drama and because they are masks.
They also portray different happy and sad expressions, which more reflect how I might feel internally than display openly, so ironically these masks are covered by a more neutral mask in life.

While I recognise the need for some anonymity I struggle greatly with using a fake name and image. I started here with a picture of just my hand but even that gave me trouble. My compromise is fake name and photo that is only half my face. It probably doesn't look as friendly as yours does and I have no interesting and creative stories to share.

My avatar is me with my best friend Dimity (Little Red Flying Fox) that was a resident at the Australian Bat Clinic I used to volunteer at. I thought it was fitting as I have loved bats since I was very young and have been called Batman a few times over the years. My username is the name I use as an artist (I paint and produce music).

New Threads

Top Bottom