• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Username and/or Avatar/Photo.

My avatar is currently a picture of me aged 15 paying my respects to Oscar Wilde at his tomb in Père Lachaise cemetery in Paris. I scanned it in to celebrate visiting his cell at the former Reading Gaol last year (the building was open for a pop-up art exhibition).

My username is the feminine form of the French adjective meaning appertaining to wind energy, as in energie aeolienne, parc aeolien. Well, Quebecois actually - French French omits the initial A. I originally came across the word via Guy Dauncey's EarthFuture e-newsletter. It often carried links to official government websites, which being Canadian had to be bilingual, so I used to print off the French-language version for a bit of reading practice in between lessons.

ack many years ago when I was new to the internet, I kept trying to come up with various usernames that incorporated my real name, but to my surprise (my real name is uncommon for North America), they were always already taken.

In frustration I looked around the room for inspiration, and my eyes fell on a tank in which I was raising a batch of Guppy babies.

So Guppyfry it was. I liked the anonymity of it, and the subtle word play between "Baby Guppies" and " a social get together where people cook up a bunch of guppies".

My avatar is a picture I took of the full moon on a Christmas Eve a few years ago, out in my back field. Just really like it. It incorporates the notion of the Star of Jesus, and a star on top of a Christmas tree.

Last edited:
My screen name is due to my love of lemons. I used to peel them and eat them like an orange until I finally realized at around age 21 that they were destroying my teeth. In middle school, I used to bring a bottle of lemon juice to sip on. That attracted too much unwanted attention, so I cut that out. Now I settle for just pouring lemon juice on food such as: croissants, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, pancakes, waffles, soups, pizzas, rice, and just about anything else that seems like a good idea at the time. It doesn't work for cottage cheese though. I wasn't thinking fast enough for that one :) "Little" is just what people always called me though I'm average height.

My avatar is me.

Just wondering why people choose the avatars they chose. Is it to represent who you feel you are or who you'd like to be? Is it hiding behind a mask? Or just something you like?

I'm just curious. I wonder all the time why people have chosen the photo they've chosen to represent themselves. You can see from mine, I have a hard time finding something suitable so I just go with me in one of my favorite spots.

If I were to change mine, what would any of you suggest that you think might be appropriate for me?

Oh, I love mooses, but wouldn't want to be thought of AS a moose. lol It's funny, because I have friends that will say, "I seen this moose and thought of you", and I say, "Uh, thank you?" lol

I just like mooks. Er uh....Yorkies. Dogs who think they're people.

My folks had them in the household for nearly 40 years.

Because they don't want people to go around taking Jerry's line, "I hate those meeses to pieces." ??
Mooses isn't right either - it's moose singular and moose plural, but I just can't go there. lol

I don't use my real name because a Google search will out me as autistic to the wrong people. (Not to mention as a collector of Barbies...!)

If you took the meanings of my first & middle names and made images from them, they would be "lion" + "dog" (in a positive way). Lowchen is one of two breed names that means "lion dog." (Shih-tzu is the other.)

Last edited:
Oh, I love mooses, but wouldn't want to be thought of AS a moose. lol It's funny, because I have friends that will say, "I seen this moose and thought of you", and I say, "Uh, thank you?" lol

Ever been to Niagara?

Ever been to the souvenir shop near the falls in the men's restroom?

If you had you would have a moose standing at the urinal,waitingto go.

The womens restroom has something similar .

Can't confirm, as I didn't go in.

I don't use my real name because a Google search will out me as autistic to the wrong people. (Not to mention as a collector of Barbies...!)

If you took the meanings of my first & middle names and made images from them, they would be "lion" + "dog" (in a positive way). Lowchen is one of two breed names that means "lion dog." (Shih-tzu is the other.)
that's interesting.

Ever been to Niagara?

Can't confirm, as I didn't go in.
been to Niagra, but don't remember the bathrooms.
A few weeks ago I got a shower curtain that's all white with a large grey moose on it. I put it behind my other shower curtain so it looks like there's a moose in the shower. I kind of like the moose waiting his turn, too. :)

Can't say I have. But if I do, I'll be sure to wash my hands after handling any of the merchandise. :confused:

Interesting marketing concept though. Retail sales within a restroom. Talk about a captive audience...being able to catch your customers with their pants down.

Last edited:
Ever been to Niagara?

Aside: I wonder if all of that water rushing over the falls is suggestive...?
full

I know you never know where a thread might go off to, but this one seemed to change immediately. LOL
That's okay - can't go wrong when talking about mooses and bathrooms. LOL

I know you never know where a thread might go off to, but this one seemed to change immediately. LOL
That's okay - can't go wrong when talking about mooses and bathrooms. LOL

Who knows? Maybe someone will show up with an avatar depicting Bullwinkle going over the falls on a toilet.

New Threads

Top Bottom