• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Username and/or Avatar/Photo.

My username came around from my joy in American Sign Language. I sign a lot because I am hard of hearing as well as being an Aspie.

I kinda like the rhythm of qwerty and it is easy to type, ya just really need to roll your fingers over the keyboard.

EndSerenading is the second and final album by the band Mineral, I saw them on their reunion tour last year and they were incredible.

I wanted a Roman name, and Ancus was a very uncommon one (actually, it's only attested twice). Ancus Marcius was the fourth king of Rome, and he combined the strengths of Numa Pompilius with those of Romulus. Then I needed a cognomen, so I go by mītis, which can mean gentle, but it might also be translated as "not bloodthirsty."

I was born in 1966 and, it was my parents who punished me for any perceived imperfection or error, mostly my father who was psychotic as well as abusive.

As an example, he would white glove check my room after I cleaned it, every surface, even the walls. If there was even a speck on his glove, I was belted five swats for every soiled finger on the glove, my dresser was then dumped and, everything swept off my shelves. I had to correct it all.

If I had even a minor outburst where anyone saw or heard me, I got the metal spatula he used as a paddle.

Not a good childhood but, I legally removed myself from any relation to that family. Yes that means no inheritance, no communication, any medical history my doctor whom I found after doing that could not obtain gone, all my childhood and baby pictures and memorabilia gone. Anything from before I turned 18 that is not official record held where I know who has them, gone but, I needed to do that, to make a complete break form my past to recover and heal. And I did recover and heal, that was a different time, another life, another version of me, a me that died long ago so, I'm fine with it now.
When you say legally, is this in the UK? I can relate to your childhood and have also since decided to cut all ties with my family and my hometown but nothing legally. That's where my username comes from, I now live over the hills from my hometown in the beautiful peak district.

I strongly dislike the taste of liquorice, and I have a lemon allergy. I created this username out of irony (whether that's the correct term or not, I have no full idea).

I have more than a few worlds in my head each with their own kind of manifestation of me but my favorite would have to be Jet. I've always been fascinated with Greek mythology and Jet is the leader of a race of human hybrids called guardians. Like my birth sign he's a decent of Ares and this makes him very powerful but also unpredictable in terms of anger and rage. When he becomes enraged he unleashes a wave of pain and suffering on his enemies. Though very unpredictable he is loyal and kind to his friends and humanity in general and he'll make the ultimate sacrifices to protect them and do what's right.

Best games console of all time the N64 :)

The name is from the Eurythmics song.
The avatar is a 3"x4" AB gutter elbow which you would think would be an standard hardware store item, but it was impossible to find in the US when I was looking. I had to import it from Canada.

My avatar is a very large and unusual machine. I took a bunch of pictures of it at the Idaho Nuclear Engineering Laboratory in southwest Idaho. That is a nuclear jet aircraft engine, believe it or not. While the engine worked, it never got of the ground. To big and dangerous. It was built in the early fifties.

My name means he who fears the female reproductive organ (or something to that effect) in old norse,I'm descended from the first king of Denmark Gorm the old through his son Bluetooth.and I'm a homo.

New Threads

Top Bottom