• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your relationship status?

What's your relationship status?

• Dating and content with my relationship

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • Dating and quite content with my relationship

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • Dating and not very content with my relationship

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Engaged and content with my relationship

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Engaged and quite content with my relationship

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Engaged and not very content with my relationship

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Married and content with my marriage

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Married and quite content with my marriage

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • Married and not very content with my marriage

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Recently divorced and looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recently divorced and not looking

• Recently separated and looking

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Recently separated and not looking

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Recently widowed and looking

• Recently widowed and not looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single and looking

Votes: 82 31.5%
  • Single and not looking

Votes: 70 26.9%

• Total voters
I put "Single and looking", but meh. I don't know. I don't think there is someone I would fit well with, and that sucks. I have Bill Skarsgard. ;)

Single and looking but I don't put all my hopes on it. Whenever a girl tries to approach me I tell her that she deserves someone better than me. I have a strong desire to think about the best for the persons around me, but after that I end up having regrets. There is always the ,, What if " question if I accepted her in my life.

Single, and if the right guy comes along that would be wonderful! In fact, I've been praying to find my first real true love. And I'm not going to settle for the first person that comes along unless I'm sure he's "The One". I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic. :)

Perhaps somewhat off topic, but what is romanitc? And there is nothing wrong with being hopeless, I find hope to be a terrible thing.

Perhaps somewhat off topic, but what is romanitc? And there is nothing wrong with being hopeless, I find hope to be a terrible thing.

I didn't know how quite to explain "hopeless romantic", but I went online and found this answer and it sums it up pretty well. I know Aspies probably don't think in this way because it sounds illogical, but I'm an NT. :)

"I think the term "hopeless romantic" can have many definitions - but it is commonaly perceived as a person who is in love with love and loves the romance of love. This person has an idealistic, romantic view of love (which can border on fantasy sometimes); which, of course, can fall short of the reality of love in most relationships. They really are looking for the man or woman of their dreams, or their "soul mates", or that one "true love" and when they find that "special one", they have a lot of love to give and will show their love in many romantic ways - and they are "hopelessly" romantic in the sense that they can't and don't want the romantic part of their love to end and will do everything within their power to perpetuate it by doing romantic things, because their love is an idealistic love. Personally, I don't think that's a bad thing at all! Who wouldn't appreciate that kind of love - as long as it doesn't smother a person, but I think hopeless romantics are givers and not takers. I think a hopeless romantic really wants their partner to be happy and will always put them first and that is not a bad thing! As a matter of fact that's the way BOTH partners should show their love for one another.
think it can be a bad thing for the hopeless romantic only if their special way of showing love by doing so many sweet things by being so romantic is taken for granted, or if the person that they are lavishing all of this romantic love on is unworthy and using them. Hopefully, the "special one" they find will be worthy of such a love and be capable of returning this "romantic" love in kind. What a lucky couple they would be!"

I didn't know how quite to explain "hopeless romantic", but I went online and found this answer and it sums it up pretty well. I know Aspies probably don't think in this way because it sounds illogical, but I'm an NT. :)

"I think the term "hopeless romantic" can have many definitions - but it is commonaly perceived as a person who is in love with love and loves the romance of love. This person has an idealistic, romantic view of love (which can border on fantasy sometimes); which, of course, can fall short of the reality of love in most relationships. They really are looking for the man or woman of their dreams, or their "soul mates", or that one "true love" and when they find that "special one", they have a lot of love to give and will show their love in many romantic ways - and they are "hopelessly" romantic in the sense that they can't and don't want the romantic part of their love to end and will do everything within their power to perpetuate it by doing romantic things, because their love is an idealistic love. Personally, I don't think that's a bad thing at all! Who wouldn't appreciate that kind of love - as long as it doesn't smother a person, but I think hopeless romantics are givers and not takers. I think a hopeless romantic really wants their partner to be happy and will always put them first and that is not a bad thing! As a matter of fact that's the way BOTH partners should show their love for one another.
think it can be a bad thing for the hopeless romantic only if their special way of showing love by doing so many sweet things by being so romantic is taken for granted, or if the person that they are lavishing all of this romantic love on is unworthy and using them. Hopefully, the "special one" they find will be worthy of such a love and be capable of returning this "romantic" love in kind. What a lucky couple they would be!"

Given human nature and my own personal few decades of observation, I wish you luck, you will need it.

Yes she is! Keep looking.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! :) I'm going to focus on making good friends and enjoy the ride as I calm down on my desperate search! Life may even be less stressful that way? I know I'm a good guy @ heart, but even good guys deserve to have a little fun along life's bumpy road...

Slightly off topic, commitment of any kind is somewhat a difficult thing.

I struggle to commit enough time for the friends I have let alone someone that's (I assume) more dependant on you for they're social and sexual needs.

Although In true AS fashion when something new and interesting comes along I'm all over it until I realise it's not gonna give me what I need. Start talking to someone.. all goes well and I spend a lot of time talking to them, realisation comes that I won't get what I need from the person then lose interest. Suppose that makes me a little selfish.

In rare occasions I sort of have stirrings for women who appear more intelligent than average. So I always wonder, do I feel something for them or the knowledge I could get from their company? That makes me thing of the sole problem I have, the desire of knowing everything.

I'm married, but it's not all sunshine and butterflies. He's got issues, I've got issues, we're trying to get them to get along without killing each other in the process. Made it four years so far. (Well, three years married, I married him on the anniversary of when we started dating and that's more important to me than a piece of paper.)

It's worth it though. I was repeatedly told I was a last resort. When I wasn't told that, the first thing to tumble out of their mouth was how pretty I was and eventually they'd ask for a quick lay. Which made me aggressively demanding and have very high standards. Then along comes this guy I meet in college who's first compliment is about how good I was at math and how it "blew him away". I kept him, because he was a human being and understood I was a human being, and a smart guy I could talk to about smart things, especially technological things, is sooooo attractive! <3
And I'll admit, he was also the cutest guy at school. I am human!

Am single and looking but my self a steam is down little .. I try to go fourth an make friends an maybe date but when I think that I don't see my self equal .. It's a battle with my self .. I want that special someone but will they expect me for me .. Purpose I shound date other person like me.. But will I be lowering my self .. I know I can fpdate any one and I feel am good looking .. Sometimes I feel ugly ... Blast my mind lol :)

Here's a YouTube channal I do to show what I look like

New Threads

Top Bottom