• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your relationship status?

What's your relationship status?

• Dating and content with my relationship

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • Dating and quite content with my relationship

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • Dating and not very content with my relationship

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Engaged and content with my relationship

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Engaged and quite content with my relationship

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Engaged and not very content with my relationship

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Married and content with my marriage

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Married and quite content with my marriage

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • Married and not very content with my marriage

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Recently divorced and looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recently divorced and not looking

• Recently separated and looking

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Recently separated and not looking

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Recently widowed and looking

• Recently widowed and not looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single and looking

Votes: 82 31.5%
  • Single and not looking

Votes: 70 26.9%

• Total voters
What's your relationship status? Pick the poll option which best suits you.

I felt like making something more advanced than just a simple "Are you dating - yes or no?" kind of poll.

I picked "Single and not looking" which is what it's been for me for a long time.

Me, "Single and looking". Well, I hate the "and looking" terminology as it sounds as if I am searching out prey. But, I guess, yes, I am looking in a very feeble and inactive manner for a female mate, a committed relationship. So, yes, looking it is.

I'm single...and yes, "looking". I'm waiting for "the one" if he exists somewhere out there. I'm a very fussy person, have very specific requirements (He'd have to share my religious beliefs) and I think i'm very difficult too, so I wonder if this person will appear at some point...Just being patient and waiting :)

I'm single and kind of.. neither looking or not looking? I find the dating scene at my age to be incredibly stressful. The whole process of meeting someone and getting to know them seems very superficial and fake. I acknowledge I'd like someone but the effort into meeting someone just involves too much crap that I just don't have the emotional capacity to deal with.

I have a 'boyfriend' but he's just my best friend and we said hey let's date but we don't really do anything coupleish. It's complicated but the two of us have never been simple so it works.

I'm in a really long term relationship [several years]. He's also on the spectrum, I met him through a forum [not a dating forum]. We were friends first, but apparently the kind of friends that makes everyone else want to give us some privacy. So everyone else assume there was "something going on" way before we thought there should be. And really, he is my best friend. And it's fun and good.
Also... I mean we've put a lot of work into it. Even the best relationships need that, but it's been really worth it.

We might get married, we might not. He lives pretty close- < half hour walk, 40 minutes on public transit [ because yay public transit systems ha]- but we don't see each other all that often. We chat every day though. We have a plan to move in together once all the pieces are in place, and I don't have any doubts that will happen. But when you both have physical health issues "like whoa" and very limited budgets, timing has to be precise and you realize you have to be very very patient if you want to be able to get on with life :p Everything takes forever.

Single and have been for a long time. All the gay men in my area are either partnered, deep in the closet or married to women. I'm not interested in one nighters, which seems to be all I find. Le sigh.

I'm single and have been for almost six years. It's eh. There could have been a guy, but he was not familiar with autism/Asperger's Syndrome, and the many times I explained it to him, he failed to remember/acknowledge it and said, "We all have differences, but those are cute. You should just be able to deal with it. :)" And other times, he'd be like, "Wait... so you don't sleep over at your boyfriend's houses?" Like, the way I feel about relationships was totally judged. Furthermore, he continuously sent shirtless pictures with facial expressions I can only assume were supposed to be perceived as "sexy", but there was nothing sexy about any of that--more like awkward, annoying, and "please put your shirt on" material.

Also, he had no knowledge of HTML/CSS/PHP and somehow found the fact that I enjoy playing video games to be attractive in a sexual sense, and just...eh.

I connect with people on an intellectual level. I need that.

...he also confused "your" and "you're"; "their", "there" and "they're"; "then" and "than"... I understand if you're just naturally bad with it/don't speak the language, but it got to where I had nightmares about text messages saying "your beautiful" and "your cute".

(Also, the need to constantly tell me I'm cute/etc. over the desire to have intellectual conversations was getting annoying. I want to talk about, I don't know... why WordPress is better than Blogspot. Something like that.)

...and his jeep didn't have doors, and he thought it was cool, and sure, maybe to someone, but not to me. And he likes Texas and wants to stay here, and I so don't.

So I'm totally single.

Aw, you're adorbz. c:

You are aware that the guy was just a brainless idiot, and that he only got that far because most other girls wouldn't mind so much :p.
Grin, considering the post I am planning next to write....(completely new thread) ...but I might link it......I assume you where young and inexperienced, and just like the idea that he was attracted to you at first :p.

You are aware that the guy was just a brainless idiot, and that he only got that far because most other girls wouldn't mind so much :p.
Grin, considering the post I am planning next to write....(completely new thread) ...but I might link it......I assume you where young and inexperienced, and just like the idea that he was attracted to you at first :p.
Actually, it was summer 2014, so... He's only one year younger than me. The problem is/was simply that he had expectations for how women should act, and I am an asexual. I want to eventually get married, I just don't care for people sexualizing every single thing in a relationship, much like he did.

99% of the people I run into that wind up having any interest in me are exactly like he was/is.

Actually, it was summer 2014, so... He's only one year younger than me. The problem is/was simply that he had expectations for how women should act, and I am an asexual. I want to eventually get married, I just don't care for people sexualizing every single thing in a relationship, much like he did.

99% of the people I run into that wind up having any interest in me are exactly like he was/is.
Most guys aren't going to be asexual, even the ones with aspergers.

New Threads

Top Bottom