• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your relationship status?

What's your relationship status?

• Dating and content with my relationship

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • Dating and quite content with my relationship

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • Dating and not very content with my relationship

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Engaged and content with my relationship

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Engaged and quite content with my relationship

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Engaged and not very content with my relationship

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Married and content with my marriage

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Married and quite content with my marriage

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • Married and not very content with my marriage

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Recently divorced and looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recently divorced and not looking

• Recently separated and looking

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Recently separated and not looking

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Recently widowed and looking

• Recently widowed and not looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single and looking

Votes: 82 31.5%
  • Single and not looking

Votes: 70 26.9%

• Total voters

. . .

V.I.P Member
What's your relationship status? Pick the poll option which best suits you.

I felt like making something more advanced than just a simple "Are you dating - yes or no?" kind of poll.

I picked "Single and not looking" which is what it's been for me for a long time.

Single and not looking - but that doesn't mean I don't want a girlfriend, just too shy/nervous to tackle the whole "dating game".

Not looking forward to it. I've thoughts about it in the past and probably will have more in the future, but every time those thoughts are short lived and eventually overridden by my interests or something else bizarre.

I picked "single and not looking". Deep down I would like to meet someone one day but, like Droopy, I'm too shy to get into dating right now.

Oh well. As long as I have a good supply of whisky and tissues, I'll be fine.:p

My last relationsip was ridiculous, and it was just a long-distance one which didn't work out seeing as she turned out to be a lying nutcase. I can't do with people like that. Lesson learnt. At the moment, I really just need to sort my life out and be a better me before I can seriously try for another one.

I've been with my current boyfriend for...almost a year? Before that, he and I had been friends for several years, so we had been friendly with each other for a while. I'm very happy with the relationship - he treats me well, he's fun to be with, is a nice looker and dresser, and didn't blink regarding my various issues. Before we started going out, I was very upfront with him and told him what I had, and he didn't mind at all.

TBH, the main reason I'd want a "girlfriend" (in the usual sense) is just sex. Overall, for me, the disadvantages/ difficulties of having such a relationship far outweigh the advantages. Potentially, IF the 'right' girl did appear & I 'fall in love' with her & all that, it might work, of course but I'm nearly 36, so it seems very unlikely, now. Mostly, I reckon that, since I can't yet manage to make 'friends' with people, of either sex, I'm obviously not going to be able to manage more than that. But, as I've said elsewhere, it's too disputed that 'friend' is actually supposed to mean anything & there's no obvious reason that 'girlfriend' should mean anything, in that case. Sorry, I just can't motivate myself for 'relationships' while that daft debate keeps going on & I'm fed up, always being in the middle of the 'war' about such stuff. Whatever & however anybody else does it will have to be up to them to sort out, of course.

I am single and I'm not looking.

I still feel immature for a steady relationship. If I have a girlfriend, it will effectively end my extended adolescence.

And there goes my dream for a free, academic career - where a steady relationship will be tested by distance. I don't think Skype and MSN are good substitutes to PDAs (public display of affection), at least for me.

Sorry but what's 'feel immature' mean, please? If it's possible to explain, of course! I've been accused of being immature often enough but it's not usually possible to make any sense out of it, for me. One moment, it means focusing on one thing at a time but the next it means almost the exact opposite. Another time, it's to do with emotions & the other person's judgement about how well you are or are not dealing with them, like they really know every feeling you're feeling at the time in question & they know just what tools you do have for that & how well they do work. Strangely, they claim not to know or be able to tell all that but you're still supposed to trust their judgement for your life, when it's your decision & there's no obvious reason for you to decide you're not doing the best you can with what you do have. It's not like the critics can ever tell you how to do it any better, after all. Curiously, the same people also criticize such an approach as being not constructive, in relation to most things but this is obviously a big blind spot for many.

Sorry but what's 'feel immature' mean, please? .

I still feel that I do not have the ability to behave and conduct myself sexually, in an age-appropriate manner.

For example, I still think like a child. I never thought of reproduction - I only think of immediate gratification of things.

Plenty of people have made the mistake of rushing into relationships that ended in disasters, if only due to having a baby long before they were ready for it. Better to realize if you're not ready for that & then plan accordingly! Especially if you really want a long-term relationship, given most people don't seem to do those until they're a bit older.

New Threads

Top Bottom