• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You know you are autistic if -

You know you are if you wonder if there are secret games shows where Aspie and Autistic people challenge each other to see who can pass for NT's....

You know you are if you have to think about how you react to things, like was that a normal reaction, or did l swing into meltdown without informing the Secret Aspie police, that today l had no shame, fire the emotional torpedos, let them land wherever in NT land.
xD just too funny!!! xD (and prolly true...)

When you are meeting the client and need to say to self constantly: remember to be normal, look into the eyes, ask questions, stay focused.

(Being an aspie and working in sales is not the easiest route to take to pay the bills...)

I dislike the Big Bang show. I think it's designed to be a show for stupid people making fun of smart people. Take away the laugh track and it isn't funny.

If you relate to Peter Seller's character in Pink Panther, where he seems to be oddly displaced, but he goes about his business anyways. People mock him directly to his face but he looks at them with benevolence and continues to state he needs a "rem" ,(hotel room). This character strikes me as a tab autistic.

You are pointing out something that makes obvious logical and common sense but for some reason others NEVER get your point and ALWAYS misinterpret or misunderstand the point you are trying to make when it's bloody obvious!!

Frustration!

You are pointing out something that makes obvious logical and common sense but for some reason others NEVER get your point and ALWAYS misinterpret or misunderstand the point you are trying to make when it's bloody obvious!!

Frustration!
This is so goshdarn relatable!

That's not a sign of autism. That's a sign of being on some creepy and dangerous drug.

Actually, what did purple smell like? I have never taken LSD and never plan to, but I'm curious so can you describe the smell?
Yes it was years ago. Purple smells like French lilacs. Totally.

You actually get depressed when somebody mocks you for playing what they say is "too much" Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (T-rated game), and that I'm "obsessed" with it, but when their 10-year-old NT child plays CoD Bo4 (M-rated game) for the same amount of time (or way more than I do a grindy action RPG), they are perfectly OK with it. And then when that same NT child has behavioral issues from their parents letting an M-rated game babysit their 10-year old. And then say videogames are the devil.

It's actually kinda irritating.

When in a company party you go spend time alone in a toilet to cool down your brain from too much interaction.

And if you also send a SMS to wife/friend/parent to tell that you are in a toilet to cool down. (My wife understood.)

You actually get depressed when somebody mocks you for playing what they say is "too much" Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (T-rated game), and that I'm "obsessed" with it, but when their 10-year-old NT child plays CoD Bo4 (M-rated game) for the same amount of time (or way more than I do a grindy action RPG), they are perfectly OK with it. And then when that same NT child has behavioral issues from their parents letting an M-rated game babysit their 10-year old. And then say videogames are the devil.

It's actually kinda irritating.
I often suspect that a moderately large portion of the NT population believes that norms are always right, even if they: can't be justified or serve as "double standards."

Some NT people are nicer, though. They rock! :hearteyes:

When you see an advertisement flash up on an autism forum that says 'Love Island - Get the fashion collection now' and you just know 100% that it is in the wrong place.

When you see an advertisement flash up on an autism forum that says 'Love Island - Get the fashion collection now' and you just know 100% that it is in the wrong place.
Google doesn't know how to properly do their interest-based ad system anymore. I am getting tired of those anti-dip ads on YT. Like, yeah. I already made the decision in my life not to touch any tobacco. I don't need these ads shoved into my face. Also tired of an ad from a company called accuview trying to sell me contacts when I'm just fine with my glasses.

New Threads

Top Bottom