• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What would you do if it was armegeddon and your last week on earth?

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
Would you help others and get them supplies in case people made it through, would you panic and do something criminal?
I would go to my dad's house and call my family and spend the week laughing, watching videos and spending time with them.
And at the last minute hop into bed with them and all cuddle together and then die together.
Do you think the potential of the end of the world would bring out the best in humanity or the worst?

I don't think I'd do anything differently.
Assuming we'd all be going I wouldn't even need to say goodbyes or check my Will.
I'm happy how I spend my time already.

I think it would bring out the same mix of best, worst, and apathy that it always does.
People have always thought the end of the world could happen any time.

I don't think I'd do anything differently.
Assuming we'd all be going I wouldn't even need to say goodbyes or check my Will.
I'm happy how I spend my time already.

I think it would bring out the same mix of best, worst, and apathy that it always does.
People have always thought the end of the world could happen any time.
Yes that is the best just be content each moment. Then you know it would be fine if the end was near.

I have already done the majority of the things I set out to do with my life. I don’t feel dissatisfied with much or regret a lot of things I’ve done.
So I think there would be nothing left to do but accept it, and hope there is an afterlife.

Social media has already brought out the absolute worst in humanity and may speed up the process of the end of the world anyway. I don’t know how much worse it could actually get but I’m not going to underestimate it.

It depends on the nature of the 'armageddon.' I would desperately research it, looking for ways to survive whatever catastrophe was about to hit.
What is 'armagheddon' anyway?

I would follow in the steps of @Progster.

But don’t worry, Progster, not too closely. I would never infringe upon your space and your survival!

Because of my GAD I would probably mostly worry and not be able to enjoy myself at all. I'd be obsessively checking clocks instead of enjoying what time is left.

I would probably take a few more contemplative and reflective walks. In some respects it would be a relief knowing when and how I was going to die so that last week would have an elements of being worrisome, peaceful (ie end of a journey) and having a level of nervous excitement.

Spending the time with family.

Then on the last day, I'd eat the whole drugstore and watch it happen. "Here comes the twister..."

Would you help others and get them supplies in case people made it through, would you panic and do something criminal?
I would go to my dad's house and call my family and spend the week laughing, watching videos and spending time with them.
And at the last minute hop into bed with them and all cuddle together and then die together.
Do you think the potential of the end of the world would bring out the best in humanity or the worst?
It depends on the nature of the armageddon. If it was relatively immediate, then I would find my best friend - solitude and bask in the solitude for the rest of my life.

To quote Emperor Uriel Septum;

"Men are of flesh and blood. They know thier doom, but not the hour."

The problem with this end of the world stuff, is that we probably will die before we knew what hit us. Speculations about it, no matter how intriguing they maybe, are part of the problem with humanities fear of death. Always trying to figure out the unknowns of how we will die, but failing to account for the fact that it really holds no factor or baering on the overall world/universe. Humanity may die out, but the world continue on.

So, to be honest, we don't need an incentive beyond knowing that this current life is finite to do fun, good, and wonderful things regardless. Do these things anyway. Even if it's not near any end times, or near one's own death.

doggies.jpg

I'd adopt all the dogs in our local shelter.

;)

Sit it out. Most people would likely stop working so there wouldn't be anywhere to go or do. Perhaps provide some food/water/supplies to a neighbor in need.

I would smoke a few bowls and see if one of my friends with benefits was available to spend some time with me. I want to make love while the world burns around me.

I remember thinking about nuclear war one morning, and it occurred to me that the best place to spend my final moments would be in my warm bed. I think I would spend my last hour in there. As for the rest of the week, I dont really know. Given that everyone is going to either die or starve to death (in a nuclear winter 99% of the survivors of the US, Russia, China, etc would starve to death), I would try to find a quick and clean way out for myself just in case that I could use if needed, so that I wouldn't have an excruciating death if I was only mauled or if I faced the prospect of agonizingly starving to death. But besides that I would call my cousin for the last time, be with my family for the last time. Other than that I have no idea. Perhaps watch some movies, read some short stories (dont have enough time for full books), etc.

I would get a big load of supplies and gather my loved ones and close ones. Then I would drive us all up to the Svalbard Global Seed Vault in North-Norway and occupy that. Because not only is that a cave carved deep into a mountain but it contains tons of seeds from all over the world. So the cave will protect us and we can grow food with the seeds. :D But first I would make a quick pitstop in Sweden, find the guys in the band Rednex, slap them hard in the face and say "that's for making "Cotton Eye Joe!!". American country music and modern Eurodance should never be mixed. So first slapping Rednex, then drive to the seed vault.
I love cotton eyed Joe, it is so fun

New Threads

Top Bottom