• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

I made a gecko out of clay

50886734011_2955f1d804.jpg

50886009708_fde303fd3b.jpg

50886009498_5175e97293.jpg

It's really quite good, thank you for showing it.

Last edited:
I made honey mustard chicken for dinner. Not as tender as I'd have liked, though. Still pretty good, I think.

This.

But it was a basic fail.

Wdn't come out of the pan.

I think I can find somebody willing to eat it, though.

Not me. I am allergic to bananas.
Looked like it would be a fun recipe to try, so I did.

Recipient of cake was definitely willing to eat the cake. Suggests using parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, if I make another one sometime. I had the bananas because I had a coupon. With the coupon, the two bananas cost a total of six cents. I used to make a lot of things using bananas, back from before they began to bother me a lot. I am allergic to latex and bananas are in the latex family. I can touch them and smell them without a problem, but they aren't something I can eat.

Recently I've made a tool that I can use while blowing in canned styrofoam, it's used to keep the styrofoam from slipping/falling into the wrong place, where it sticks like glue.

At the moment I'm making squash soup for lunch.

What things have you made recently? Whether it be art, food, tools or anything of that nature?

Umm... other than my contributions here? I'd have to go with crafts for the mediclinic staff in my doctor's office as Christmas presents.

Last edited:
No, it was a well seasoned cast iron pan.

I've had similar issues with cast iron and sugar, as sugar is more water soluble than oil soluble. As the coating on cast iron is usually fat or oil of some some kind. Likely why it sticks as it does.

I made biscotti. It's surprisingly easy to make. They're pretty good, I think. Very hard though, but they're supposed to be. Then you dip them in your milk/ coffee and that softens them up.

I bought some from the store that get way too soggy if I dip them, which is kind of gross in my mouth. But the ones I made will soften enough that I can eat them, without getting horribly soggy and gross. I love it.

Two way trailer hitch for my lawn tractor
20210513_210018.jpg

A standard 5 inch drop hitch was selected and mounted upside down in order to raise the hitch ball height.
A straight wagon hitch tongue was added to move my lawn cars without changing the hitch assembly.
20210513_210106.jpg

Red highlights the over length thread 1-7/8" ball that was chosen for the added length of the stud.
1-7/8" was chosen for it's ability to move both that sized hitch assemblies and 2" ones.
Not too cool to do that on a road going unit of course because of the slop, but perfectly acceptable for crawling around my property on a lawn mower.
Blue highlights the custom machined flanged steel adapter sleeve necessary to fit the 3/4" stud to a 1" hole in the tongue.
Yellow points to the custom built straight tongue cut out of 3/8" 6061 aluminum barstock on my wood cutting table saw with a carbide blade.The holes were bored on my lathe.
The radius on the end was shaped with a hand file.
The tongue was made long enough to locate it against the hitch so it wouldn't try to rotate when backing up a cart.
Yellow, the bevel on it was hand filed for an exacting fit.

20210514_213716.jpg

Hitch mounted in receiver on my tractor backed up to a road legal utility trailer with a taller tongue.

20210514_213755.jpg

Blue, yard cart tongue and lynch pin
Red, pickup truck bumper mount 2" receiver assembly mounted upside down on my machine.
Yellow is the clip angle that got welded to the receiver to add structural integrity to the mount.
The flat tongue is just a couple inches higher than normal, but hasn't proven to be an issue.
The raised ball mount puts it at perfect height to go between a road legal vehicle hitch to the rider with very little adjustment.

Last edited:
My daughter and I made ceviche. It's Mexican sushi. I cubed up ahi tuna steaks and soaked them in lemon juice overnight. Today, around noon, my daughter made a lovely pico de gallo. The lemon juice was drained from the fish, and the pico was stirred in.

We served it with warm jasmine rice. It was lovely.

I removed my dryer duct and cleaned out connections and installed the new one creating less fire hazards.

But now l need to decrease the amount of stuff l have in living room or organize it much better.

New Threads

Top Bottom