• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

A cedar strip canoe. It took me a bit of time. I started out with the station plans and raw wood. A pic of me paddling it.
a269f-1044630567-L(2).jpg

Finally unpacked my sewing machine and sewed something. When l was extremely poor, low wages, l sewed my dresses and they were very pretty. This was when it was perfectly acceptable to wear muumuu to work as long as it wasn't an outright tent in Hawaii.

I made a *First 100 Digits of Pi* card
and sent to my friend. It's about the
size of a credit card.

It's not just a block of numbers.
The digits are grouped.

3.141 592 6535
8979 323 846
264 3383 279
502 884 1971
693 9937 510
and the rest of them.

They are grouped in batches of ten,
and in a way that makes them easier
to recite. (At least, it makes it easier
for me.)

My daughter and I made ceviche. It's Mexican sushi. I cubed up ahi tuna steaks and soaked them in lemon juice overnight. Today, around noon, my daughter made a lovely pico de gallo. The lemon juice was drained from the fish, and the pico was stirred in.

We served it with warm jasmine rice. It was lovely.
My favorite, though I like to make it using Grouper. The side dish I like is Gallo Pinto, black beans and rice with Salsa Lizzano.

165532223_242874110865085_5997844143043870897_n.jpg
Did 24 cabinet doors and frame surrounding as part of a home rehab. Antiqued cracked paint feel to it.
What would have been a 2 week project, done in 4 days, due to my inability to 'leave it'. Husband was panicked for I didn't take but mini pause to let paint dry. I will say one thing for we AT, many of us can stay focused/fixated till a project is complete!

Yet another mobile phone case, both mine went to the laundrette, I lose my phone if it isn't strapped to me.
This last case was for a friend, yet when I realised I was careless I sewed up the sides, added a strap and told my friend who was understanding.

For my first time cross-stitching, I did a little Pusheen cross-stitch. I made a few mistakes, but it's not bad.

The last thing I made was yesterdays breakfast. It is also the first thing I will make today.
But my last project was a dinghy cover for a friends inflatable boat. I don't have pictures of it on this device though.

OH MY! Please, more pics? If you had rather you can PM them to me. I was a boatbuilder in the mid 1990’s, from what little I can see I want to see more!!!

Looks like you are quite a craftsman, just wow!!!
OK. Some details of a 17.5 foot greenland style kayak I built. A very fast boat. hull is 3mm marine plywood, deck is cedar strips and highlight (white) is basswood. 6 oz fiberglass/epoxy exterior and deck underside. 34 lbs.
First pic.
1628211686011_20170723_144827.jpg
Here it is at first launch on a local lake. I have paddled this on Lake Michigan.
Second pic. Never enough clamps. Building the cockpit.
20160317_153951.jpg

Third and fourth. Nail biting time. I had to cut the hatch from the finished deck. Detail of the inner lip that will hold the watertight gasket. I made the hatch so that it is held in place by interior bungies, no external hardware.
20161213_164402_005.jpg
20161223_123019_001.jpg

Last edited:
@ Gerald Wingus That is beautiful!
I know a kyaker who uses a kyak of similar dimensions for crossing the Sea of Cortez. Fast indeed! I think she told me it takes about 6 hours to make the 50 mile crossing from Santa Rosalia to Guaymas. That is faster than most sailboats.

@ Gerald Wingus That is beautiful!
I know a kyaker who uses a kyak of similar dimensions for crossing the Sea of Cortez. Fast indeed! I think she told me it takes about 6 hours to make the 50 mile crossing from Santa Rosalia to Guaymas. That is faster than most sailboats.
Thank you. I grew up not knowing how to do a lot, but friends who have built canoes really got me started in this and I keep improving. I could not afford a nice wooden boat unless I built it. The first kayak I built is a 22 foot tandem. Very fast. Because our friends all paddle solo, we rarely take it out, as it outruns them. Boats are wonderful, aren't they?

Sir, I’m gonna call you a master boat builder.
OK. Some details of a 17.5 foot greenland style kayak I built. A very fast boat. hull is 3mm marine plywood, deck is cedar strips and highlight (white) is basswood. 6 oz fiberglass/epoxy exterior and deck underside. 34 lbs.
First pic. View attachment 69535 Here it is at first launch on a local lake. I have paddled this on Lake Michigan.
Second pic. Never enough clamps. Building the cockpit.
View attachment 69536
Third and fourth. Nail biting time. I had to cut the hatch from the finished deck. Detail of the inner lip that will hold the watertight gasket. I made the hatch so that it is held in place by interior bungies, no external hardware.View attachment 69537 View attachment 69538

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom