• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

Update on the rocket engine tooling.
The #6-32 tap arrived for threading the pin retention holes.
The holes were drilled past the center of the anvil in order to get a complete thread thru the center hole.
Anvil with pin and retaining bolt:
20201218_200010.jpg

A longer socket head cap screw was chosen to eliminate the need for a wrench to tighten it.

In this image, I have highlighted the slight undercut (blue) to assist in pin retention without excessive bolt torque that would likely deform the pin if tightened with a wrench against the full diameter of the pin.
The pin was tapered by .010" in it's exposed length (red)
to assist in removal from the rocket engine charge after tamping.
20201218_200031.jpg

The pin diameter where it enters the anvil is 1/8th of an inch, or approximately 3mm

Millet flatbread, which was a fail.
I am going to try it again, using a
frying pan instead of baking it.

Millet flatbread, which was a fail.
I am going to try it again, using a
frying pan instead of baking it.

Can you put the flatbread on a extremely hot pizza stone or even preheat a baking sheet placed upside down in the oven and put the bread on it to bake? Hot cast iron skillet should work, too.

I made a light rye bread yesterday and added caraway and fennel seeds to the dough. It didn't rise as much as I'd like but it tastes really good. I'm going to try to make pumpernickel bread next.

Last night, after the millet had soaked for 24 hours, I
tried it again....with some minor variation. Used a T.
each rye flour, rolled oats, and tapioca flour instead of
just millet. (Just millet was the original recipe.)

Used half a tsp. salt, instead of the whole tsp.
No pepper. (Recipe called for an entire teaspoon of black pepper.)
Half tsp. baking soda and half a tsp. baking powder.
The original recipe was one tsp. baking powder.

Instead of 1/3rd cup water, as in the recipe, I used a half
cup, to allow for the additional 3T. of stuff I put in...

Peanut oil in the frying pan.

They turned out good.
Especially with the sunflower seed raw peanut spread on them.
I made that Sunday using a *vegan cashew mozarella* recipe.

Last night, after the millet had soaked for 24 hours, I
tried it again....with some minor variation. Used a T.
each rye flour, rolled oats, and tapioca flour instead of
just millet. (Just millet was the original recipe.)

Used half a tsp. salt, instead of the whole tsp.
No pepper. (Recipe called for an entire teaspoon of black pepper.)
Half tsp. baking soda and half a tsp. baking powder.
The original recipe was one tsp. baking powder.

Instead of 1/3rd cup water, as in the recipe, I used a half
cup, to allow for the additional 3T. of stuff I put in...

Peanut oil in the frying pan.

They turned out good.
Especially with the sunflower seed raw peanut spread on them.
I made that Sunday using a *vegan cashew mozarella* recipe.

I love playing with my food, too. :D

Update on the rocket engine tooling.
The #6-32 tap arrived for threading the pin retention holes.
The holes were drilled past the center of the anvil in order to get a complete thread thru the center hole.
Anvil with pin and retaining bolt:
View attachment 65304
A longer socket head cap screw was chosen to eliminate the need for a wrench to tighten it.

In this image, I have highlighted the slight undercut (blue) to assist in pin retention without excessive bolt torque that would likely deform the pin if tightened with a wrench against the full diameter of the pin.
The pin was tapered by .010" in it's exposed length (red)
to assist in removal from the rocket engine charge after tamping.
View attachment 65306

The pin diameter where it enters the anvil is 1/8th of an inch, or approximately 3mm

You do some of the coolest things ever. I love the projects and the description really helps me enjoy the story. If I could have anything I would want a good home milling machine.

Thank you for talking about the project. I am still smiling. this is my favorite kind of thing.

I made skin cream today, two weeks ago I filled a mason jar with dried calendula flowers and organic olive oil. Shaking it every day to mix.

The result was one cup of yellow calendula oil which I had strained through a mesh strainer and two layers of cheesecloth.

Warmed the oil in a double boiler and and added half an ounce of grated beeswax, while it melted, I added two essential oils (lavender and eucalyptus) in drops for a total of ten drops.

Combined it all together with one half cup of boiled and slightly cooled water, creating an emulsion that thickened it into a cream like consistency as it cooled.

Placed the cream in sterilized jars in the fridge. It will keep for about a month, refrigerated. Looking into finding citric acid powder to add the next time I make it to keep it from moldering.

So far a little of the water has separated from the cream, at room temperature. Yet as a skin cream it's worked quite well. It does not feel oily, and the skin absorbs it quickly. Wonder about the beeswax clogging pores though.

Last edited:
I made skin cream today, two weeks ago I filled a mason jar with dried calendula flowers and organic olive oil. Shaking it every day to mix.

The result was one cup of yellow calendula oil which I had strained through a mesh strainer and two layers of cheesecloth.

Warmed the oil in a double boiler and and added half an ounce of grated beeswax, while it melted, I added two essential oils (lavender and eucalyptus) in drops for a total of ten drops.

Combined it all together with one half cup of boiled and slightly cooled water, creating an emulsion that thickened it into a cream like consistency as it cooled.

Placed the cream in sterilized jars in the fridge. It will keep for about a month, refrigerated. Looking into finding citric acid powder to add the next time I make it to keep it from moulding.

So far a little of the water has separated from the cream, at room temperature. Yet as a skin cream it's worked quite well. It does not feel oily, and the skin absorbs it quickly. Wonder about the beeswax clogging pores though.

I think this is wonderful. I loved hearing all the details. Thank you for not leaving any out. I hope you find the solution to the emulsifier. I wonder if you looked at commercial labels to see what's used if it would give you some ideas.

A hearty stew or locally termed 'scouse'
Never could keep the shortcrust pastry lid or topping from getting soggy,
so cheated and cooked separately.

A lined door curtain and draught excluder from various unused materials.
Saving myself £80 initially and reducing future energy bills.

Next project:
A standing painting and drawing easel for grandson from off cuts of replaced fencing.

I'm making oven roasted cauliflower soup for dinner. It starts with oven roasting a head of cauliflower broken into florets, a sliced large carrot, a couple of sliced leeks, and several garlic cloves, all drizzled with olive oil and salt for about 40 minutes till tender, then put in a large pot, add homemade chicken stock, a little white wine, and a little heavy cream and sour cream. Then use an immersion blender to get the right consistency; serve with homemade croutons, some chopped bacon and parmesan cheese on top. Will also make a small arugula salad and oven roasted Artic Char fish fillets with a mustard topping. My body likes me to eat like this. :)

Placed the cream in sterilized jars in the fridge. It will keep for about a month, refrigerated. Looking into finding citric acid powder to add the next time I make it to keep it from moulding.

Let us know how it works, Mia. Sometimes I just slather olive oil on my hands and a little on my face as a moisturizer when I get out of the shower. That is what Sophia Loren supposedly did and she had gorgeous skin.

Let us know how it works, Mia. Sometimes I just slather olive oil on my hands and a little on my face as a moisturizer when I get out of the shower. That is what Sophia Loren supposedly did and she had gorgeous skin.

Its worked well on the body, on the face it felt tight, as if I was wearing a light mask. Removed it with an astringent and warm water. Having researched it, most sites indicate that the beeswax should be removed from the face. Perhaps I put a little too much beeswax in it. It absorbed into the skin quite well though, and was not oily afterwards.

Its worked well on the body, on the face it felt tight, as if I was wearing a light mask. Removed it with an astringent and warm water. Having researched it, most sites indicate that the beeswax should be removed from the face. Perhaps I put a little too much beeswax in it. It absorbed into the skin quite well though, and was not oily afterwards.

Yeah, the beeswax is probably not a good idea on your face but should be okay for your body. It would help seal in moisture.

A salad topped with grilled chicken and a couple of tablespoons of low-calorie vinaigrette dressing. No croutons, and a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese added in there. I had a bottle of Perrier to go along with it. A nice low-calorie low-carb dinner, essentially.

Started making jewelry again after a few months of being uninspired.

Anyway, I made some butterfly earrings, one pair for each color
IMG_20210123_205208869.jpg

I also made a Thanksgiving themed set
IMG_20210123_205246651.jpg

I even made a few random ones for Spring
IMG_20210123_205333396.jpg

So I am trying to make this a habit again, and would like to make at least a few every day.

My typical breakfast, which consisted of a diced potato, 2 diced white mushrooms and 1/4 of an onion (also diced) tossed into a frying pan with a little seasame oil. I then added 1/2 a can rinsed off black beans and some tobbasco sauce and tumeric to season. I let that cook for about two minutes then added three eggs and mixed everything together in the frying pan. Once the eggs are cooked its done. It may seem like a large breakfast but the trick is to not cook the potato all the way so it's still a little crunchy. The meal digests much more easily that way. I'm usually hungrey again in about three hours.

My typical breakfast, which consisted of a diced potato, 2 diced white mushrooms and 1/4 of an onion (also diced) tossed into a frying pan with a little seasame oil. I then added 1/2 a can rinsed off black beans and some tobbasco sauce and tumeric to season. I let that cook for about two minutes then added three eggs and mixed everything together in the frying pan. Once the eggs are cooked its done. It may seem like a large breakfast but the trick is to not cook the potato all the way so it's still a little crunchy. The meal digests much more easily that way. I'm usually hungrey again in about three hours.

That sounds like a delicious frittata. You could toss in some minced parsley and/or cilantro, too! Yum!

New Threads

Top Bottom