• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

They are gorgeous and so much skill put into the making of them.
WOW!
I wouldn't have the patience. That craft is wonderful.

2017 07 31_Power Island_1563.jpg
@ForestGumpett , @Suzette , @SusanLR . Here is a photo of my spouse and I on the west arm of Traverse Bay in the first kayak I made. Rarely do we have such calm conditions. We were paddling to an island in the bay with friends.

Finally found a photo of my last project. It is a cover for an inflatable dinghy. This photo shows that the cover wasn't quite done.
IMG-20210323-WA0000.jpg

I "made" some stationery out of some papers I already had, using a rubber cat stamp and a red ink stamp pad. They turned out pretty good, although one side is a bit uneven where I trimmed the paper with scissors to get it to a good size.

Shaft roughing operation
20210809_201729.jpg

Scratch pass to verify thread pitch
20210810_103750.jpg

20210810_130049.jpg

Worn out broken part
20210810_222053.jpg

Finished valve stem
Arrow indicates the scratches on the highly polished shaft from test assembly :p
No worries, it only looks bad
The shaft was likely better than the original one from 1905
20210809_111320.jpg
Valve casting guide bore repair.
The egged out bore was restored to a round one here.
20210810_222130.jpg
Replacement valve poppet and stem
20210810_222307.jpg
Test assembly

Nice. Today found out that I need to improve cooling for my brakes of my MR2 Spyder. Now to get on some forums to learn about fixes.

1905 Bessemer natural gas engine repair

Worn and broken original assembly.
The nut got rubbed thru the poppet after it fractured at the hub

20210810_223145.jpg

Trashed valve stem
The hub broke off of the cast iron poppet because the stem and valve guide were very worn.
That in turn wiped out the threads on the guide piston end of the shaft.
The rebore of the valve guide required picking up the center on the boss machined on the housing casting to let it all fit back together.
20210810_223149.jpg
All of that was done on a rush job basis to get this puppy back in order for our steam show :cool:
bessemer.jpg

This dinosaur is a brute from days gone by that still pounds the ground 5 days out of the year.
It ran about 70 years before it was retired and sold for scrap then rescued so it could continue to live and educate others.

The last thing I made was a bed of lightly seasoned rice with a lovely green salad on top, topped with home grilled teriyaki chicken, croutons, and thousand island dressing. It was a wonderful accompaniment to Disney's Robin Hood.

I made a Bekko Koi painting which I turned into a NFT and listed. Before that, I made a painting of an olive tree grove, but in wild colors, which I also turned into a NFT and listed.

Show time is coming up again at The National Pike Steam Gas and Horse Association grounds during the annual Pike Festival days weekend of May 21st & 22nd.
It'd been a couple of busy weeks out in our machineshop doing machinery repairs and improvements to the display.
Yesterday I went over to our sawmill area and gathered some rough sawed lumber to build a tool table to place near our century old Monarch engine lathe.
Here was the end result:
20220510_180850.jpg

This will allow me to display the hand forged and ground cutting tools, tool holders, centers and boring bars needed to operate it so that the public can get an up close look at what it took to do the work on it.

20220510_180352.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom