• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

I just finished using my computer to color in a black-and-white sketch drawing I made by hand.:smile:
Scan_20190504 (3).jpg

A paper version of the forum games for mom/ kid fun.

Attachments

• 20190504_121121.jpg
    20190504_121121.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 0
Last night I was looking at symbols and infographs of side effects for drugs on Google. This inspired me to make a rough drawing of the Side Effects of Everyday Living, which include lovely things such as depression, suicidal thoughts or actions, confusion, anxiety, irritability, and death.

I was experiencing most of those side effects last night.:pensive:

I like these $20 hot knives from Harbor Freight for cutting out windshields, they make it so fast and easy. Only thing is in stock form, the handle gets in the way, so the blade needs to be bent into various positions to clear things, and the internal heating element doesn't like to be bent. So they don't last long. I barely get through one windshield before it dies.

So I cut up the existing metal pieces and bracketry that came with it, and welded them together in such a way that now I have an adjustable pivoting blade. The handle fully pivots out of the way, and I lock it down with the thumbscrews.

$20 is still way cheaper than having a glass shop do it, but with this modification I should be able to make my knife last a lot longer.

HotKnifeStock.jpg
Stock form with bracket

HotKnifeMod1.jpg
Modified

HotKnifeMod2.jpg
Close up view of the modification. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to work.

^ Well it worked really good for awhile. Until one of the factory welds broke, therefore it twisted and shorted it out in a big electrical poof. Guess I should have gone through and rewelded the factory welds. I've never had any of my welds break, on anything. So I got through the remaining part of the windshield with a knife and heat gun, and a bike cable. The new one is in and the sealant is drying right now. I've got a spare knife that I can swap my bracketry to after I go over the factory welds. As I've still gotta do the windshield on my Jeep this summer.

Mango fool: 1 peeled & diced mango blended with c.200ml crème fraîche and the zest and juice of half a lime. If the quantities sound vague, that's because this has become my go-to for using up surplus posh dairy produce. Normally I use mascarpone so it will be interesting to see how this turns out after chilling overnight in the fridge.

I made.. an excuse!

I got an offer, for an optional work shift that would turn my rare, 3-day weekend into a work night sandwiched between two nights off. I'd rather play video games!!!
age_of_empires_2_hd_edition-590x334.png

I mean, look at this AOE 2 action! ^^^

Fun fact: there's a sheep, in the bottom left corner, near the game cursor. Although the soldiers won't target the sheep, that Onager (catapult), in the top left corner, might fire at the soldiers, and accidentally hit the sheep. I hope that the sheep survives. :( The blue-and-white Pikeman, immediately to the Onager's right, may beat up the Onager, though, in his last few seconds of life, so our hopes are good! :cool:

I just made and ate some stir-fry with noodles. A funny incident happened while I was making them, however. I accidentally put vanilla extract instead of soy sauce on the noodles while frying them. It wasn't until I smelled the vanilla that realized what I just did and flipped out a little. I thought I was going to have throw it out, but instead I rinsed the noodles out under water and then put them back in the pan along with soy sauce, seasonings, vegetables and chicken. It turned out pretty well, although there's still a small hint of vanilla. I wonder if another person would notice it if I served it to them? Maybe I'd tell them it's a new kind of stir-fry where you have a meal and dessert at the same time!:grinning:

Not much but I made a wrench for my bike out of a piece of scrap bedframe. Faster, easier, and cheaper than going out to the bike shop. It worked well, I got all my wheel bearings done.

Knitting up plenty of cot/general purpose blankets for grandbaby's warmth and comfort.

Part way through making large 'dream-catcher' to hang at window, or over cot ?

Idk if you can call it made..
I put a curtain webbing strip whatsit along the top of a fabric poster whatsit to make a K-ON! The Movie curtain for my hallway. :)
I am really pleased with it. It is rather transparent but that's actually good. I don't want to exclude light so much as just decorate my flat. I will still open it when I want lots of light; but happily I can still find my way around when it is drawn. :D
DSC_0337.JPG

It's opposite the bathroom door, lol. :p

I hand-crafted a single pink rose to give to my mom on her birthday this weekend. She said she wanted a single faux rose with a long stem that she can put in the vase that I got her for mother's day a few years ago. But Valentine's Day seems to be the only time of year they sell such things and the other artificial flowers I could find were kind of tacky, so I decided to make one by hand instead. It'll be even more special because it was made with love! :hearteyes::rose: It sounds corny but it's true.:blush::maize:

New Threads

Top Bottom