• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

I'm not an arts-and-crafts kind of guy, but the last thing I made was the sequel to a book I wrote a couple years ago, Juryokine: Exile of Heroes. I didn't draw the cover, but I wrote and published the book on my blog.

79cd578baf3a1338a69df406b666c5d440f77f2a

Last edited:
A high-viz collar and matching,longer double ended training lead for my dog.

He’s developing a real working drive for tracking.

Current lead not long or versatile enough to walk him close and then change to allow him to track.

Couldn’t find anything that suited the purpose to buy, so made my own.

IMG_0625.jpg

Yesterday I trimmed and framed this artwork that I made a few weeks ago. Not completely happy with it as it has smudges from the pen down the bottom which won't come off but at least it looks better from a distance :)

Yesterday I trimmed and framed this artwork that I made a few weeks ago.

It's very good invisibility, I like it. When I did commercial art work we used painters tape or masking tape on the edges of artwork, and removed it every day, to keep the piece clean. Also used tissue paper under my hand or arm when working. You could if you wanted use a few coats of gesso, all over the white areas. Although I don't think it's all that noticeable.

Last edited:
I just finished making a series of videos of The Sims 4 Strangerville, where I defeated the giant plant mother that was controlling the Sims in the town. I plan to upload them later on YouTube.:)

Shop-made specialty thrust bearing washers
thrust bearing washers.jpg

That went here:
20190311_101843.jpg

And this once common hex nut that was thinned and trued to the work spindle:
spindle detail.jpg

Replacement tailstock clamping hardware and the crappy home made one it came with:

tailstock holding hardware.jpg

tailstock nut.jpg
For here:
20190312_140113.jpg

to hold this:
20190312_140156.jpg

on this:

20190309_125402.jpg

In order for it to fully function as this:

after.jpg

The next step is a trip thru the woodshop for a hand-built stand/motor mount in order to have an heirloom quality early Sears Craftsman wood lathe that was rescued from a trip to the scrap dealer.

Older machinery is hands down much better than the disposable junk they sell now, and it give me purpose to see it brought back to original or even better condition.

Looks like the woodshop is about to lose a little floorspace ;)

I created my own job board website. I want to advertise it and then monetize it. This article inspired me..I was looking for a lot of opportunities to earn money online, and I chose this one.

I finished making a comic strip, but since it's April Fool's Day related I won't be posting it until April 1st.:p

Myself feel sick. :confused:

Before that I made pizza using (halved) small par-baked baguettes as the bases.
Then I ate far too much, and made myself feel sick. :oops:

A mess. I accidentally knocked over my jar of paint water onto the floor and covered it in the daffodil yellow paint I'd been using. I had to run around cleaning it up and put my Sonic the Hedgehog backpack and some other items in the washer at 12:30 AM because the paint won't wash out of fabric when it dries. Oooof!

A mess. I accidentally knocked over my jar of paint water onto the floor and covered it in the daffodil yellow paint I'd been using. I had to run around cleaning it up and put my Sonic the Hedgehog backpack and some other items in the washer at 12:30 AM because the paint won't wash out of fabric when it dries. Oooof!
It is amazing how jars/mugs of water become extremely unstable the moment paint pigment is added! :confused:

As of recent I've gotten a strange craving for text adventure games. No idea where the appeal came from, I guess I just like the idea of controlling what happens in a book, with the occasional outraged response at wanting to eat myself, asking what love is, or throwing a pile of leaves at my own face. (In Zork, this actually kills you, believe it or not.)

When we get the computer out of the pawn shop I plan to ask Maddog if I can download a program called Quest, it let's you make text adventures.

If anyone remembers my upcoming Child of Crystal game, I want its first incarnation to be a text adventure, to see if I can put the structure together properly.

"Wake up, Child...Your dream has ended..."

I'm making my husband work on our income taxes. He just retired from work, I've done the taxes for years without help, and it's his turn to pull all that stuff together for the CPA. He is being a good sport about it this morning. LOL

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. I made some flammable mixture made from 3:1 Potassium Nitrate(3) and Magnesium powder(1). When lit, the powder will create an incredibly blinding flash, heat, accompanied with moderate amounts of smoke.

New Threads

Top Bottom