• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

The hateful eight was at least one of the most recent ones... that, and The big lebowski

Oh... and The hateful eight was pretty much what to be expected by Mr. Tarantino. Had a good time sitting in the theatre for nearly 3 hours

The Sugarland Express
One of the first Speilberg movies made in 1974 with Goldie Hawn in a starring role.
There was a gas station that was labelled with the Exxon logo that would have been period correct in '74,but way out of place in the 1969 setting as Exxon hadn't been formed until 1973.
I was a former manager of an Exxon facility that included a convenience store and a repair service area that had the former Pittsburgh Pennsylvania USA dancing traffic cop Vic Cianca who did a small cameo in the movie Flashdance that was filmed in the city. Vic gave me a signed Fraternal Order of Police #1 get out of a small legal tussel for free card that I still have. Vic never unholstered his gun during his lifelong career as a Pittsburgh police officer.

Niko: The Journey to Magika - this was quite an interesting animated movie from the Philippines, where a young boy joins up with a vegetarian Manananggal called Anna and a Tikbalang called Narci to locate his Grandparents, who have been stolen away and taken into the realm of Magika - which is home to many creatures of Filipino myth/folklore.

Don't let my description put you off; it's a good film. :)
Here's the wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayo:_Sa_Mundo_ng_Elementalia

The Silence of the Lambs
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102926/

A lot of this movie was filmed in the Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania USA area near where I live and was raised. The filming location of the Baltimore State Forensic Hospital exterior shots was Western Center in nearby Canonsburg Pennsylvania that was a state run psychiatric facility. I had reasons to enter said building when the facility was still in operation. We were instructed to only use a specific elevator and to only go to the intended floor where a ward/bruiser for lack of a better term would check you in. One day when in the building,the elevator stopped working on the wrong floor and the door opened. I stepped outside of it into what was essentially a scene from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest...that ruined me for life knowing that I may end up staying on one before it's all over ;)

Buffalo Bill that was the nutcase the movie was about was referenced in the movie Joe Dirt as Buffalo Bob

"It puts the lotion on it's skin" :D

Orlando, with Tilda Swinton. It's about an immortal man who lives for four hundred years, has a sex change and later a baby.

Orlando, with Tilda Swinton. It's about an immortal man who lives for four hundred years, has a sex change and later a baby.

Thats a great movie, a nod to Virginia Woolf i loved it.

Last edited:
"Bridge Of Spies"

Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks do it again. First rate Cold War epic. A deep reminder of what life was like in an earlier era. Have things substantially changed for the better? Well...let's just say the world is somewhat different than it used to be.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Great movie, but I though Kylo Ten was not that great of a bad guy. Linda wonder if he's an Aspie, but with particularly violent meltdowns.

Sat down for roughly 14 hours to watch all 7 Fast and the furious movies... not exactly why though, lol... but at least I know what's going on if I for some reason, end up in the theatre when the next installment is playing.

DP_EMOJI_14x48_%C6%928.1.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom