• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Interstellar... a movie I should've watched a while ago already but I was kinda put off by a 3 hour sit. Glad I finally sat down for it :)

Move over Interstellar! The Martian has just taken your place as my favorite sci-fi movie! You still have a special place in my heart [emoji178]

"In the face of overwhelming odds, I'm left with only one option, I'm gonna have to science the **** out of this."
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450074886.256157.jpg

Move over Interstellar! The Martian has just taken your place as my favorite sci-fi movie! You still have a special place in my heart [emoji178]

"In the face of overwhelming odds, I'm left with only one option, I'm gonna have to science the **** out of this."
View attachment 22416
I really enjoyed that movie! And later I listened to the audiobook...honestly, I thought the film was better, funnier, there was less "fluff" so to speak, leaner, focused more on the story.

I saw "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" earlier today. Because I am a Good American. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, and I saw every plot twist coming from a mile away, but the special effects were really cool and John Williams did a great job with the score. I kind of wish I'd seen it with a more enthusiastic, receptive crowd, it might have made it more enjoyable for me.

I saw "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" earlier today. Because I am a Good American. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, and I saw every plot twist coming from a mile away, but the special effects were really cool and John Williams did a great job with the score. I kind of wish I'd seen it with a more enthusiastic, receptive crowd, it might have made it more enjoyable for me.

Maybe you're just really a "Star Trek" person.

It's allowed. :p ;)

"The Scarlet and the Black"

One of my favorite Gregory Peck films in which he plays Vatican Monsignor Hugh O'Flaherty. Technically protected by diplomatic immunity, he protects and saves some 4000 people from the horrors of Nazi occupation of Rome during World War Two at great personal peril. Based on a true story.

Finally went to see Star wars VII: The force awakens.

Meh... it looked great and had all the things I would've expected. But for some reason, I didn't really feel it... but perhaps it's, like what a friend of mine said when he saw it... it's geared toward the current ADHD generation. I agree with that sentiment for most part.. though some parts could've easily been cut a bit shorter...

Finally went to see Star wars VII: The force awakens.

Meh... it looked great and had all the things I would've expected. But for some reason, I didn't really feel it... but perhaps it's, like what a friend of mine said when he saw it... it's geared toward the current ADHD generation. I agree with that sentiment for most part.. though some parts could've easily been cut a bit shorter...
I have to agree. I felt there were a lot of gratuitous action scenes that didn't advance the plot or let us get to know the characters any better. It's not effects-driven, exactly, but there are effects-driven elements that really don't do anything more than look pretty. At the beginning especially, felt like there was a lot of filler.

I think he was also trying to do some stuff that would be like the original trilogy, only he just transplanted material straight from there into the new movie. Although there were some new ideas, and they did get some development. I just wish more time could have been spent on the new stuff and less time on the filler.

The original Star Wars trilogy, they're not perfect but I don't care because I love them :) I grew up with the prequels and even though I enjoyed them at the time and even found Jar Jar entertaining, I didn't realise how terrible they were until I saw them again and I haven't even watched episode 3 yet. I haven't seen the new one yet but I'm looking forward to it. Being part of the current ADHD generation, I'll probably really enjoy it!

Star Wars isn't some sacred cow for me like it is for a lot of hardcore sci-fi fans and older people who were around at the time, but I'm glad George Lucas wasn't involved in any way with the sequels because they would probably all be awful.

I recently watched the movie "Inside Out" and I really enjoyed it. I just love movies like that.

I watched the cat in the hat with my 6 year old which is stupidly brilliant and we also have been to see the new star wars film. I thought it was excellent, yes plot twists were obvious etc but dear god at least jar jar binks wasn't in it !!!!

John Wick. I am not usually impressed with movies where people are being shot or beaten lifeless every 20 seconds, but this was quite amazing. I actually cared about the characters all the way to the end.

Pride and Prejudice. But don't get any wrong ideas. My wife made me do it. As usual though, with the good ones, I really did enjoy it. (Colin Firth/Jennifer Ehle version)

Nothing wrong with a period drama every now and again but u will have to follow it up with something like rocky just to balance things out lol

I recently watched Rocky Balboa where Rocky loses the fight in the end but still was left with major respect..."Yo.Adrian"

I love the rocky films although shouldn't the first film be called Apollo ?? Apollo won the fight !!! Just a thought !!!

star wars, the force awakens

3D was amazing, I dragged my Dad along and we really enjoyed it:)

I watched the cat in the hat with my 6 year old which is stupidly brilliant and we also have been to see the new star wars film. I thought it was excellent, yes plot twists were obvious etc but dear god at least jar jar binks wasn't in it !!!!

The last few times my wife and I went to a theater, we took some of the younger grand kids. We always see what they want to see. My favorites have been "Despicable Me" and "Despicable Me II". I also liked the one about the parrots in South America, but I can not remember the name of that one. I will have to ask my grand daughter.

New Threads

Top Bottom