• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Watched Straight outta compton earlier today.

Guess that's worth watching for anyone remotely into biography type of movies and into music in general; even if rap isn't your thing. I did think the almost 150 minute running time was a bit long though

"The Mephisto Waltz"

Interesting tale of two parties attempting to double-cross each other and having a devil of a time doing it. :cool:

Romero's Night of the Living Dead,Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead

Binge watched of course :D

I have just seen the Imitation game, which is interesting for a number of reasons.

One of them being the story of Alan Turing and the decoding of the Engima machine during the 2nd World War.

The abhorrent way he was treated for his sexual orientation and of course he is thought to be on the spectrum.

IMDB link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2084970/
Although the real story of Alan Turing is quite fascinating, I felt that the movie was disappointing.

Big Hero 6. I really liked it. I'm excited for Kingdom Hearts III, as Big Hero 6 is going to be a world in that game and the plot will take place after the events of the movie. I'm excited to find out what happens to everyone!

"Beast of No Nation" via Netflix

It was really good. Emotionally hard to watch at certain parts. Cary Joji Fukunaga, the director, is very good at showing the grittiness and realism of hard topics such as child soldiers. There was never a part of the movie where you went "Well, that would never happen!" or "Normal people don't react that way!". I don't recommend it to everyone due to the nature of film, but if you like gritty stuff like season 1 of True Detective, this is a must see.

Although the real story of Alan Turing is quite fascinating, I felt that the movie was disappointing.

For me i didn't know that much about Alan Turing before seeing the film, although I did have some knowledge of Enigma and the Bletchley Park code breakers in general. After watching the film I have looked a lot more about the Enigma device and Turing himself. Personally I liked the film but there were certainly things that seemed tacked on, e.g. the Russian spy side story.

For me i didn't know that much about Alan Turing before seeing the film, although I did have some knowledge of Enigma and the Bletchley Park code breakers in general. After watching the film I have looked a lot more about the Enigma device and Turing himself. Personally I liked the film but there were certainly things that seemed tacked on, e.g. the Russian spy side story.
Well, if it introduced you to his story for the first time, that was cool. Probably the main difference between your experience of the movie and my experience of the movie was that you didn't yet know his story, and I already knew his story, so while I was experiencing the movie I was also measuring it by the standard of how I would have liked his life to be portrayed, while you watched it without preconceptions or expectations.

The Shining

The-Shining-001.jpg
shining-blood1.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom