• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video game are you currently playing?

i've been getting back into need for speed underground 2! really fun to customize my car and i'm working on unlocking all the vehicles. right now my main is a toyota celica, but i want to get to the subaru impreza wrx.

death stranding is an incredible game, one of my favorites in recent years! though i am admittedly a fan of just about anything with kojima's name on it.

i hope you enjoy it!

Unfortunately I just wasn't feeling it and decided to move on to something else which ended up being Guacamelee! 2. For Death Stranding, I wouldn't call it a bad game at all. I think I put close to 7 or 8 hours into it, the beginning was a little too heavy on cutscenes, which I expected with it being a Kojima game. My problem is that if a cutscene goes on for too long, or there start being too many of them and I am not understanding it, I'm just going to zone out during the rest of them, check something on my phone or whatever and then I'll end up missing key plot points. I feel like I'm fine with one long opening cutscene intro to describe what's going on and why you're doing what you're doing as long as you get to the point early on. I have trouble sitting through movies without checking my phone or letting my mind wander off and the same applies to games that think they are movies.

I'm always kind of stuck in the middle on video game stories. On the one hand I'm a huge fan of Nintendo. Their games are just plain fun, however it seems like they just put the minimum amount of effort into coming up with a story. Oh, I saved the princess again? Big whoop. But on the other hand, games like Death Stranding and BioShock, I like that they put serious effort into the story, but for me it's too convoluted to hold my attention for long and actually be able to follow it.

Sakuna of Rice and Ruin on my switch! I really really really love how detailed and complex growing the rice is (it's like a simulator). I just wish the platformer combat part of the game wasn't in it because I'm really bad at both lol. I do really love the narrative so far and how it's about found family bonding together. Also I just got ducks and between them and the dogs my farm is so happy to work on. It's a really lovely game.

Unfortunately I just wasn't feeling it and decided to move on to something else which ended up being Guacamelee! 2. For Death Stranding, I wouldn't call it a bad game at all. I think I put close to 7 or 8 hours into it, the beginning was a little too heavy on cutscenes, which I expected with it being a Kojima game. My problem is that if a cutscene goes on for too long, or there start being too many of them and I am not understanding it, I'm just going to zone out during the rest of them, check something on my phone or whatever and then I'll end up missing key plot points. I feel like I'm fine with one long opening cutscene intro to describe what's going on and why you're doing what you're doing as long as you get to the point early on. I have trouble sitting through movies without checking my phone or letting my mind wander off and the same applies to games that think they are movies.

I'm always kind of stuck in the middle on video game stories. On the one hand I'm a huge fan of Nintendo. Their games are just plain fun, however it seems like they just put the minimum amount of effort into coming up with a story. Oh, I saved the princess again? Big whoop. But on the other hand, games like Death Stranding and BioShock, I like that they put serious effort into the story, but for me it's too convoluted to hold my attention for long and actually be able to follow it.
yes, to follow the story you've got to do a lot of watching cutscenes/reading emails and documents in-game.

i know kojima doesn't recommend it, but in an episode of his podcast "Brain Structure" he had Mamoru Oshii as a guest (creator of Ghost in the Shell and Angel's Egg, two animated movies i recommend) Oshii admitted to playing the game without paying attention to the cutscenes and just watching story synopsis videos on youtube because that's how he enjoyed the game!

i know not everyone needs to like it, but if it's just the cutscenes you're not enjoying, i'd encourage you to give it another shot and just ignore them!

i think developers like fromsoft and kojima who make very obtuse games have contributed to the popularity of youtube channels that explain and speculate about lore, and i think that's fun. more hours-long videos to deep dive!

I just picked up Creature Creator, People Playground and Ultimate Ragdoll Game thanks to Steam sale prices!

I'm looking for stuff that's easy to mod, because I really want to do some 3D modelling / scripting to put weird things into simulations like these. If anyone knows of anything like this, please let me know!

Started playing Pokémon Polished Crystal, it's a Pokémon Crystal ROM hack that adds tons of new features to the game like the Physical/Special Split, post-Gen 2 evolutions and pre-evolutions (except for some Pokémon that had to be removed to make room for the new Pokémon, IIRC they said they're working on being able to add back the removed 'mons - just a limitation on the number of Pokémon the game can actually support), Fairy type, rebalanced level curve, and lots of other fun stuff.

I've only been playing to the point where I beat the first Gym, so I haven't fully experienced everything the game has to offer yet though.

Also it has running shoes. Hell yes.

Started playing Pokémon Polished Crystal, it's a Pokémon Crystal ROM hack that adds tons of new features to the game like the Physical/Special Split, post-Gen 2 evolutions and pre-evolutions (except for some Pokémon that had to be removed to make room for the new Pokémon, IIRC they said they're working on being able to add back the removed 'mons - just a limitation on the number of Pokémon the game can actually support), Fairy type, rebalanced level curve, and lots of other fun stuff.

I've only been playing to the point where I beat the first Gym, so I haven't fully experienced everything the game has to offer yet though.

Also it has running shoes. Hell yes.
i started crystal kaizo and its definitely tough, but i like the changes they made, i cant remember if i've played polished crystal

I weakened during the recent Steam sale and picked up Dredge - It's an interesting game and fun to play, although I wish they would get rid of the annoying radial menu to select the "special action" you want and have hotkeys for the various options instead - I find radial menus difficult (and annoying) to use, particularly if there is a need to quickly select a new option.

I've started playing The Darkness. I played through it in 2007 when it first released, I really liked the story and whole vibe of the game. But replaying it all these years later and if there are any games left from the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 era that haven't been remastered yet but deserve to be, I'd vote for this.

Last night a friend and I played through The Past Within. It's one of those games that can only be played in co-op and requires you to communicate with your partner about what each of you see on your screen because it'll help each of you solve puzzles and make progress. I definitely recommend it if you have a friend that likes puzzle games. It is available on Steam, mobile and Nintendo Switch, and you can play on any of them, it doesn't have to be the same your partner is using (for example I played it on Steam and my friend played it on Switch).

i picked up a playstation 3 recently because i've really been wanting to play some metal gear solid 4, and i also grabbed lost planet 2 and final fantasy 13.

header.jpg

Has anyone else played this? Seems like a cross between Blender, Garry's Mod, Dreams and Minecraft.

I think I've only had it running for a total of 7-ish hours (this is a lot for me, honestly, as my gaming sessions are typically sporadic and rare) and I've already figured everything out down to the scripting level, and my god. This is probably the best 'experience' I've ever 'played' before (insert alternative words, since this is a little more like a modding simulator than an actual game).

Looking forward to building all sorts of crazy stuff here and prototyping ideas! Also it's multiplayer, so if anyone wants to build some weird stuff together, that could be pretty exciting

I recently started Manticore - Galaxy on Fire for the Nintendo Switch. It seems like over the years Nintendo has forgotten how to make a good Star Fox game, but thankfully indie devs are willing to step up. I've been enjoying this more than any Star Fox game made after the N64-era.

Currently I am playing Red Dead Redemption II, as I have been since the end of July. The story has been complete, and now I just spend my days hunting, fishing, and completing other little side-quests. This has been one of the best video games I've ever played, and I'm not sure I have the heart to ever replay its main story.
I’m looking for people to play with online. Hit me up if you ever want to play!

I weakened and grabbed a copy of Starfield, which I'm currently playing in "early access".

Having spent several hours in Starfield, I can say that it's not a bad game... It's just a shame I started playing Star Citizen first, as there's things in Star Citizen that Starfield lacks, which I really miss - But if you hadn't played Star Citizen, you may not even notice\care about these things.

Of course, if you haven't played Star Citizen, or don't want as much of the "realistic"/"sim" style space game, Starfield is definitely worth giving a go, as far as space games\RPG's go.

New Threads

Top Bottom