• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What video game are you currently playing?

Of course, if you haven't played Star Citizen, or don't want as much of the "realistic"/"sim" style space game, Starfield is definitely worth giving a go, as far as space games\RPG's go.
I have been looking at the game.
There seem to be some questions over it, but it has mostly good reviews.

I am very selective in my gaming and rarely find a new game I like.
I prefer playing older games that I like.
I have been playing "Shogan: Total war" for 20 years(?) on and off, and I plan to revisit it again sometime.
Hearts of Iron is the same deal.
I am now into Anno 1800 again.

Waiting like a little kid on Christmas Eve for The Elden Ring's new content to come out early next year.
One of the best games I have ever played. :hearteyecat:

I have been looking at the game.
There seem to be some questions over it, but it has mostly good reviews.

I am very selective in my gaming and rarely find a new game I like.
I prefer playing older games that I like.
I have been playing "Shogan: Total war" for 20 years(?) on and off, and I plan to revisit it again sometime.
Hearts of Iron is the same deal.
I am now into Anno 1800 again.

Waiting like a little kid on Christmas Eve for The Elden Ring's new content to come out early next year.
One of the best games I have ever played. :hearteyecat:
Here's a review from someone who is generally rather tough on games (includes the occasional use of colourful language):

He picks up a few areas as being problems which I didn't mind so much, or which are dependant on how someone plays (quick travel, for example), but I can understand why the areas he highlights may be an issue for some people.

Edit: It should probably also be noted that there is a lot about the game which is not very well explained (or explained at all), which makes the game a lot "harder" than it needs to be.

I finished Tiny Tina's Wonderlands around the start of the year. It was a spin off of Borderlands 2. Really average, I wouldn't recommend it...

images - 2023-09-03T173520.074.jpeg

I'm halfway through Pokémon Platinum Pearl, at the beginning of Pokémon Sword and I think I downloaded Zelda: Breath of the Wild on my Nintendo Switch.

I was also doing well on Pokémon Go! Before my old phone broke back in March.

I just haven't had the focus or motivation to play games lately...

Here's a review from someone who is generally rather tough on games (includes the occasional use of colourful language):
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks :laughing:

Not sure what to make of the game.
It will probably be a pass for me.
NEXT! :cool:

I love all 3 of the original Total War games, the newer versions are crap though. My favourite is Medieval, it crashes a bit here and there but it always did that.

I love all 3 of the original Total War games, the newer versions are crap though. My favourite is Medieval, it crashes a bit here and there but it always did that.
I bought most of the series.
With Shogan, I actually bought a new computer specifically for the game.
Played it 24 hours straight, from memory.
I am starting to feel a "yen" for the game again, pun intended. :p

I played "Medieval" but I kept on going back to Shogan.

I played "Medieval" but I kept on going back to Shogan.
I loved the music tracks in Shogun, so soothing. I like playing Rome as well but mostly because it's built to run on modern graphics cards, they went through a generational shift in the early 2000s.

I played Rome, also. I really should spend more time exploring the game.
There's a few fun hacks for it, you can unlock everything without having to play as Rome first and you can unlock the civilisations that are normally computer only and play as them.

I hate those Total War games! They are awful, no-one should buy them - ever!
(their main office (or one of them) is round the corner from me) - for some odd reason, as the first interview in about 10 years, and over a bloody zoom connection (aaagh!), they turned me down! How could they!? Do they not recognise brilliance? I brought plenty with me, but they never even asked to see it! Shockin'!

(Ok, I admit, I love 'em, but can't play to save my life! :cry:)

He picks up a few areas as being problems which I didn't mind so much, or which are dependant on how someone plays (quick travel, for example), but I can understand why the areas he highlights may be an issue for some people.

Edit: It should probably also be noted that there is a lot about the game which is not very well explained (or explained at all), which makes the game a lot "harder" than it needs to be.

Yeah, people seem very, very torn on this one.

It's not a game I intend on playing myself, as I'm not exactly a fan of Bethesda and I've already got No Man's Sky (which I love) but watching the discourse around this game unfold is absolutely fascinating to me.

Anyone like playing checkers?

I like playing it online. You can PM me if you're interested in a game

I like playing checkers. Board games as a whole really. One of my major hobbies.

I recently started a couple of new games (well, not new releases, but games I haven't played before so they're new to me).

Devil May Cry V: Special Edition on PS5. I'm not a big fan of this series, don't even know why I decided to download this, but it's pretty fun so I'm glad I gave it a chance. It has ray tracing, 4K, takes advantage of the bells and whistles of the DualSense controller, has 3D audio, etc. even though this game was originally made for last gen consoles they did put the effort into bringing it to current gen.

Life Is Strange: True Colors also on PS5. My friend bought this for me for no other reason than we both like playing these types of games and comparing the choices we each made in the story when we've finished it. I've only played the first chapter so far but I like where the story is going already. I'll start chapter 2 after dinner.

Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks
Perks :laughing:

Not sure what to make of the game.
It will probably be a pass for me.
NEXT! :cool:

Having put a few hours into the game (60+ according to Steam, but it's probably closer to 50 game hours and 10 or so where game was running but I wasn't at my computer), I've found that it's not a bad game, but it does make me appreciate Star Citizen so much more.

Starfield does have a lot to like, but after having spent many hours in Star Citizen (as well as Elite Dangerous, and No-Man's Sky), it feels less like a "space" game, and more like a series of "maps" that can be jumped between with an option "FPS" section between the maps, should you choose to "fly" between them rather than simply quick-travel.

I'll happily keep playing the game, but I wish (at a minimum) that the "flight" portion of the game was more than "jump to system\planet" or "choose landing area" with cut-scenes as you're transported, as opposed to the other games where you can manually travel back and forth between orbit and the surface, and skim over the surface looking for interesting areas to land instead of having where you land on the surface selected for you.

As to the constant loading screens and cut-scenes, I've come to the conclusion that the occasional need to use lifts or ride the trains to get between certain locations in Star Citizen - while annoying at times - provides a much more immersive (and overall more enjoyable) experience... I just wish they could get around to implementing AI Blades or NPC crew so that I could get more out of portions of my fleet (I'm still uncomfortable with multi-crewing ships as I don't want to be the cause of problems with someone else's gameplay because I make a mistake or have to exit during a session).

If you liked Skyrim or Fallout 4 you will probably like this game, as it seems to be taking the same style of game\gameplay and providing it a much larger playing area (bigger\more maps) that is set in a different time (Skyrim - Medieval\Historic, Fallout - "near future", Starfield - distant future).

If you liked Skyrim or Fallout 4 you will probably like this game, as it seems to be taking the same style of game\gameplay and providing it a much larger playing area (bigger\more maps) that is set in a different time (Skyrim - Medieval\Historic, Fallout - "near future", Starfield - distant future).
Elden Ring is much better than Skyrim, though I did enjoy it also and played through it a number of times.
ATM, I am into Anno 1800.

New Threads

Top Bottom