• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What shows did you love to watch when you came home from School?

Animals of Farthing Wood
CatDog
Rugrats
Round the twist (one of my all time favourites)
Angry beavers
Noddy
Brum
Madeline
Johnson and friends
Trapdoor
Bangers and mash
Banana man

I loved all of these!

I loved this, but @VenomousAlbino hated it...because he's wrong obviously.

This was one of the programmes that I detested as a child. Every so often, out of nowhere....the song gets stuck in my head :D:rolleyes:

Last year I bought the second series of Round the Twist on DVD purely for the episode where the girl dresses up like a bird for the flying competition, the one where she has that cat thing.

Even though the episode in question is freely available on YouTube.

Some of my favorite shows to watch after school were Beast Wars, Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2001), Transformers Armada, Big Guy & Rusty the Boy Robot, and SilverHawks. These are just the shows I watched in junior high and high school though. They still hold up today too.

Animals of Farthing Wood
CatDog
Rugrats
Round the twist (one of my all time favourites)
Angry beavers
Noddy
Brum
Madeline
Johnson and friends
Trapdoor
Bangers and mash
Banana man

The amimals of farthing wood was one I was aware of but never actually watched. I learned much later in life that it was pretty brutal for a kids show.

When I got home I watched

Saved by the bell
Rugrats

In highschool I started watching WKRP in Cincinnati.

I can't much remember beyond that.

How many of these 80's shows do you guys remember?
(Some of the intros for the 'big ones' like TMNT are missing - likely for copyright reasons - but there's still plenty here that you may remember if you grew up watching them)

Crikey, I remember so many shows from my childhood. Can't quite remember what I watched in the mornings and what I watched when I got home but will drop a list of the shows I remember (some already mentioned but will list them anyway as I loved those shows)...

Zzzap!
How 2
Fun House
Finders Keepers
Art Attack
The Worst Witch
Chuckle Vision
Mike and Angelo
The Demon Headmaster
The Queens Nose
Grange Hill
Byker Grove
Woof!
Maid Marian and Her Merry Men
Round the Twist
Knightmare
Rosy and Jim
Wizadora
Bodger and Badger
Sooty and Sweep
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Are You Afraid of the Dark

Now I'm jumping down the nostalgia well, I'm remembering a load of cartoons...

The Animals of Farthing Wood
Trapdoor
Count Duckula
Danger Mouse
Raggy Dolls
Dr. Zitbag's Transylvanian Pet Shop
Captain Planet
Biker Mice from Mars
Street Sharks
Galaxy High
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
Thunder Cats
Mighty Max
Gargoyles
X-Men
Aaahh! Real Monsters

That's all I can muster from memory for now.

Wow, everyone is so young! ;)

The shows I recall from my childhood:

Time for Beany with Buffalo Bob Smith a Bob Clampett production featuring:
Beany, Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent, and Captain Huff and Puff. (all puppets)

Thunderbolt the Wondercolt also a Bob Clampett production and an offshoot of Beany

Engineer Bill
Captain Kangaroo
Sheri Lewis and Lamb Chop

Sid Ceaser's "Your Show of Shows"

The Texaco Star Theatre with Milton Berle

There was also this weird local show with an Organ player named Korla Pandit (not his real name). He was on every night around 5 PM and just sat at an organ and played various musical selections.

Space Patrol

Mr. Peepers

and the list goes on....

Of course later on in college there was Dark Shadows.

I have been a TV junky from a very early age (around 6) and continue to keep tabs on children's after school TV shows because I still have a great deal of child in me.

Anyone else here old enough or nostalgic enough to know any of these. If you are learning of these for the first time, there is a wealth of information available on the net.

As an aside, radio was still big when I was very young, so on Radio, there was X-minus one and the Goon shows.

Last edited:
Our sitter turned on a rerun channel. I don't know if childerens programming was available or not. The shows we watched were:
Night Gallery
The Twilight Zone
Star Trek
Hogans Heros
Gilligans Island
The Bevery Hillbillies
Family Affair
The Flying Nun
Bewitched
I love Lucy
My Favorite Martian
I Dream of Gennie
Rin Tin Tin
Gunsmoke
Bonanza
Petticoat Junction
Green Acres

Bravestar, a cartoon version of Police Academy, The Dukes Of Hazzard, Knight Rider, MTV (when the M meant music, not Morons), The Jeffersons, The Facts Of Life (had puppy-love crushes on those girls), Hey Dude, and some others I forget the titles of from Nickelodeon... I also watched a lot of Bewitched and such on Nick At Nite's TV Land.

Last edited:
When I was in elementary school I got out of class at 17hs. I remember I came back home always to watch: Rurouni Kenshin (known here as Samurai X), and Dragonball Z.

It was such a daily habit that watching their ending themes makes me nostalgic.

I don't remember what was on TV right after school, though I have fond memories of having late-start days or staying home, and getting to watch the Pokémon anime and couple other cartoons at 6 AM.

TMNT, Ghostbusters, Power Rangers, Batman...and a lil' later Pokemon. Fairly conventional.

You Should Be So Lucky! Cant remember that one. I watched alot of Gameshows though, just a avid watcher in general. I will admit now, I wacthed Blind Date. I watched Supermarket Sweep. I watched Bruce Forsythe. Jim Davidson. That Snooker thing. Watched anything that was on, basically. Bulseye, darts. Watched that too !

Me:
bored television GIF

(Garfield, watched that too.)

You Should Be So Lucky! Cant remember that one. I watched alot of Gameshows though, just a avid watcher in general. I will admit now, I wacthed Blind Date. I watched Supermarket Sweep. I watched Bruce Forsythe. Jim Davidson. That Snooker thing. Watched anything that was on, basically. Bulseye, darts. Watched that too !

Me:
bored television GIF

(Garfield, watched that too.)
Yeah, I don't recall that one either.
That said, I also watched Blind Date, Bruce's Price is Right and Bullseye (heck, I still watch that one on Challenge from time to time if it's on during the day or I can't sleep). I also used to watch Wheel of Fortune and Supermarket Sweep (although I'm not a fan of the reboot on ITV2).

As for the Jim Davidson show, that was called Big Break and I have good memories of watching that with my Dad despite not been a snooker fan. I always remember the theme song the most:

New Threads

Top Bottom