• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What shows did you love to watch when you came home from School?

We had cartoon network, I remember coming from school and watching Scooby Doo and Justice League (Hawkgirl’s story was my favorite). We also used to watch the show that had the kids as spies and were called numbers instead of names. I don’t remember what that was called.

Coming home from university, I actually started watching Gargoyles as a way to have sound around me — not that I didn0t need sound but it helped. Love Gargoyles.=D

And since my job has been working in a school — I watch old simpsons When grading or preparing.=)

1. Adventure Time

2. Regular Show

3. Amazing World of Gumball

4. Tom and Jerry

5. Mystery Science Theatre 3000

1. Adventure Time

2. Regular Show

3. Amazing World of Gumball

4. Tom and Jerry

5. Mystery Science Theatre 3000

Definitely one for Tom & Jerry as well as MST3K - I think my favourite episode of the latter is the "Puma Man" episode if just for this flying scene:

My sister just put on American Bandstand. I have no idea if anything else was on then. In our house, we chose our ration of TV from reading the TV guide. Other people dialed around, but I think my dad was worried about tuner wear. I was 8 before we got a TV, as the sizes went up and the prices went down. Some early adopters I knew were still watching a 5", nearly round screen from across the room in 1967. It had probably cost more than a new car.

I wanted to be Macgyver when I grew up, and it turns out the real thing saved my life by telling his story.

Playdays
Tweenies
Chuckle Vision
Bodger & Badger
64 Zoo Lane

And many other British children's shows I can't think of at the moment.

Grange Hill!!! My favourite! Although I never watched it as a child, I love the old 70s and 80s episodes and I have the series 1-10 on DVD. :)
I personally never got into Grange Hill; it just wasn't my cup of tea - although I did like the intro theme.

I think for the majority of us, when we came home from school we usually tuned in to watch; a pleasant reward after - in the words of Nostalgia Critic - "dealing with the mental scars of our tremendously flawed education system"

Bottom line, what shows did you guys like to watch?
I'll throw in a few I liked to see:

CITV: Bernard's Watch, How 2, Fun House, Art Attack, Jungle Run, Pokemon, Cardcaptors, Sooty & Co., The Worst Witch, Hey Arnold!, etc.
CBBC: Arthur, The Queen's Nose, The Demon Headmaster, Chucklevision, Come Outside, Aquila, Albert the Fifth Musketeer, Belfry Witches, Get Your Own Back, etc.

Also, here's N.C's review of the various "Disney Afternoon" shows.

On a final note, did any of you ever try to track down/re-watch any of these old shows?
I watched Australian shows on about such as Johnson and friends, raggy dolls, captain planet, round the twist, minty, rugrats, secret world of Alex Mac, rockos modern life, are you afraid of the dark?, babysitters club
When I was younger I watched sesame Street, bananas in pyjamas and play school

New Threads

Top Bottom