• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What shows did you love to watch when you came home from School?

I loved Biker Mice from Mars, TMNT, Power Rangers and Samurai Pizza Cats so much. Even though without subs the English was a bit too difficult for me as a tiny tot.

I loved all of these!

I loved this, but @VenomousAlbino hated it...because he's wrong obviously.

This was one of the programmes that I detested as a child. Every so often, out of nowhere....the song gets stuck in my head :D:rolleyes:
which one was zzap?
im trying to remember it,i only remember zzap 64 [if i remember correctly :p ]it was a commodore 64 magazine that came with demos on tape.

my sister watched stuff like bananaman,blue peter,loads of crap on CITV,and demon headmaster-i absolutely hated that show because of the old guys eyes staring right at you, it most certainly was not autistic friendly.

do any of you remember childrens ward on CITV?
i watched that a bit as i thought that was actually in a real hospital but when i look back at it and see the set and terrible acting i know it really wasnt.
but childrens ward was where a lot of coronation street actors started out

I loved Biker Mice from Mars, TMNT, Power Rangers and Samurai Pizza Cats so much. Even though without subs the English was a bit too difficult for me as a tiny tot.
i LOVED samurai pizza cats but i cant remember it being on UK tv after school time.
biker mice from mars was awesome,same with TMNT [or TMHT as it was known here-teenage mutant hero turtles], i wasnt into power rangers .

TMNT, Bobby's World, most of the "Disney Afternoon" stuff- Gummi Bears, Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales were stuff I watched a ton when I was younger. I feel like these types of shows are rarely made anymore. Most cartoons these days tend to try too hard, focus on pop culture references and crude humor to get people to watch them.

which one was zzap?
im trying to remember it,i only remember zzap 64 [if i remember correctly :p ]it was a commodore 64 magazine that came with demos on tape.

Zzzap! was a comedy show set out like a giant comic, showing different characters getting into various hijinks every episode.
Here's several compilations for you to enjoy...or be freaked out by. :D

I once heard that the guy who sung the theme for Samurai Pizza Cats was a bit tipsy at the time of singing this.
What do you think?

My Favorite Martian, Bewitched, Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies, I Dream of Jeanie. Yeah, sad bunch of shows I guess, but that's what was on. I was a kid and thought they were great.
Oooh I looove Green Acres like a hardcore nerd! Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie I like too, but Green Acres A++++ =D Haha the theme song makes me so happy! :3

Before school was Sonic the Hedgehog and Saban's Super Human Samari Cyber Squad and later Pokémon. I forgot VR Troopers was on after school for a while too, another favorite :) wish is lasted longer or would come on Netflix or something!

Garfield was on Sundays, you know how much I love the kitties! Garfield and Friends is on Netflix, I watch it with my son sometimes and have a few of his DVDs. I have all of the Sonic the Hedgehog series's up until Sonic X, which I've never found as a complete set. Well I am missing big chunks of Sonic Underground, can't forget that one either. Sonic is my sh*t, Knuckles is why I have dreads! :3 *nerd out* I collected his comics and have all of them from the beginning until some years back when the comic price really took a jump.

I had every single one of his games from the Genisis, Game Gear, Sega CD, Sega Saturn, 32x, Dreamcast, PC... though somebody got into my cartridges and the Dreamcast discs and stole them all... -._-. -._-. -._-. It took me decades to collect them all.

and later Pokémon.

I'd have never allowed pokemon to exist uif I knew they were gonna drag the show on for hundreds of extra episodes longer than it should've been on for and all those extra pokemon games (beyond the first few) that just weren't necessary. Don't get me started on pokemon GO, nothing compared to the red/blue gameboy craze of 99/2000. 151 pokemon was enough and all those extra movies, jeeze!!

Zzzap! was a comedy show set out like a giant comic, showing different characters getting into various hijinks every episode.
I'll be you've forgotten its 'real' intro though. Before those ones that you see on those videos, somehow it never got included on the pre-recorded VHS copies but there's a person from first person perspective who goes into a newsagents in a busy shopping centre and pulls out a magazine which then rolls into the usual opening theme thereafter.

Most TV theme tunes are so short these days, it's a dieing art best typified by the 80's and 90's and perhaps a few other decades.

I loved this, but @VenomousAlbino hated it...because he's wrong obviously.

Who? And why are they in your signature line?

samurai pizza cats

Nah it was and is all about samurai jack, not some pizza cats or whatever.

Last edited:
I'd have never allowed pokemon to exist uif I knew they were gonna drag the show on for hundreds of extra episodes longer than it should've been on for and all those extra pokemon games (beyond the first few) that just weren't necessary. Don't get me started on pokemon GO, nothing compared to the red/blue gameboy craze of 99/2000. 151 pokemon was enough and all those extra movies, jeeze!!

I'll be you've forgotten its 'real' intro though. Before those ones that you see on those videos, somehow it never got included on the pre-recorded VHS copies but there's a person from first person perspective who goes into a newsagents in a busy shopping centre and pulls out a magazine which then rolls into the usual opening theme thereafter.

Most TV theme tunes are so short these days, it's a dieing art best typified by the 80's and 90's and perhaps a few other decades.

Nah it was and is all about samurai jack, not some pizza cats or whatever.
I still watch the new series's and get some of the games. There were so many pokemon they didn't have in the first 150!

Power rangers is still going on too!! o_O

Guess again. :D

Before those ones that you see on those videos, somehow it never got included on the pre-recorded VHS copies but there's a person from first person perspective who goes into a newsagents in a busy shopping centre and pulls out a magazine which then rolls into the usual opening theme thereafter.

YES!

Because he's my husband.

You legend. But this is too good for you this stuff.

Thanks for the compliment, although I've yet to watch this again as an adult to see if I still like it or not.

Turns out I still hate Zzzap with every fibre of my being.

No issue from me - it's your choice.
I didn't like everything that CBBC or CITV broadcasted like 24 Seven, Live & Kicking, Gypsy Girl, The Wild House, S Club 7: Back to the 50's, etc. but I won't hold it against those who did.

I still watch the new series's and get some of the games. There were so many pokemon they didn't have in the first 150!

Power rangers is still going on too!! o_O

Yeah but like the recent Power Rangers "Reboot" movie, all the new series' are crap compared to the original.

At least IMO.

On topic before the Mods shout at me, my fave show of the 80's was The Flintstones, mainly cos I was in love with Betty Rubble!

Yeah but like the recent Power Rangers "Reboot" movie, all the new series' are crap compared to the original.

At least IMO.

On topic before the Mods shout at me, my fave show of the 80's was The Flintstones, mainly cos I was in love with Betty Rubble!
Power Rangers are completely impossible to follow now, I don't even think they blend the series's anymore, just end a season, fire all the cast and find all new cast and write a completely new show. I did love that Bulk and Skull stayed on for almost forever, well Skull didn't but then Bulk was hanging out with Skull's teenage kid? lol Bulk & Skull forever! They never did figure out who those freaking Power Rangers were, lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom