• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What shows did you love to watch when you came home from School?

AGXStarseed

I think for the majority of us, when we came home from school we usually tuned in to watch; a pleasant reward after - in the words of Nostalgia Critic - "dealing with the mental scars of our tremendously flawed education system"

Bottom line, what shows did you guys like to watch?
I'll throw in a few I liked to see:

CITV: Bernard's Watch, How 2, Fun House, Art Attack, Jungle Run, Pokemon, Cardcaptors, Sooty & Co., The Worst Witch, Hey Arnold!, etc.
CBBC: Arthur, The Queen's Nose, The Demon Headmaster, Chucklevision, Come Outside, Aquila, Albert the Fifth Musketeer, Belfry Witches, Get Your Own Back, etc.

Also, here's N.C's review of the various "Disney Afternoon" shows.

On a final note, did any of you ever try to track down/re-watch any of these old shows?

Last edited:
CITV: Bernard's Watch, How 2, Fun House, Art Attack, Jungle Run, Pokemon, Cardcaptors, Sooty & Co., The Worst Witch, Hey Arnold!, etc.
CBBC: Arthur, The Queen's Nose, The Demon Headmaster, Chucklevision, Come Outside, Aquila, Albert the Fifth Musketeer, Belfry Witches, Get Your Own Back, etc.

The ones I've highlighted, although the Demon Headmaster...:eek: Even if I see that actor in other things I'm like "DEMON HEADMASTER!" I always wanted to go on Get Your Own Back haha. I also enjoyed The Animals of Farthing Wood (although a pretty brutal cartoon), Knightmare, Finders Keepers...that's about all I can think of at the moment, but if any more spring to mind I shall be back!

My Favorite Martian, Bewitched, Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies, I Dream of Jeanie. Yeah, sad bunch of shows I guess, but that's what was on. I was a kid and thought they were great.

I hated Chuckle Vision! There's something about the Chuckle Brothers I just hated! I also couldn't stand Grange Hill; I just couldn't understand why people wanted to watch a programme about life in a school after they've just been in one, school was the last thing I wanted to think about. 50/50 was another one I loathed.

I did like The Queen's Nose in the early days with the original cast. I loved Woody Woodpecker and Bernard's Watch. The Wild House was another good one. I remember Aqulia too! That was awesome!

I hated Chuckle Vision! There's something about the Chuckle Brothers I just hated! I also couldn't stand Grange Hill; I just couldn't understand why people wanted to watch a programme about life in a school after they've just been in one, school was the last thing I wanted to think about. 50/50 was another one I loathed.

I did like The Queen's Nose in the early days with the original cast. I loved Woody Woodpecker and Bernard's Watch. The Wild House was another good one. I remember Aqulia too! That was awesome!

I liked Chucklevision as a kid, usually only when CITV was playing a show I wasn't so fond of. Nowadays, I've seen a few episodes and I'm not fussed by it.Even Russell Howard made a joke about them:

That's one of the world's mysteries. How did the Chuckle Brothers
become children's entertainers?
You wouldn't let 'em near your children, would you?
Especially that gimpy one...
''Hello!''
Looks like he spends his entire life sniffing trampolines.
(Laughter, groaning)
''To me, to you!''
''Get the **** out of my garden!''

In regards to Grange Hill, I wasn't a fan but I liked the 90's theme song.

Yeah, the Queen's Nose and Woody Woodpecker were fun (Queen's Nose's Kaleidoscope beginning will be forever ingrained in my mind) although I don't remember the Wild House.
As for Aquila, I've spoken a few times on this forum about how I used to love that show. Seeing them go joy-riding in that alien spaceship looked like a lot of fun. :)

Last edited:
I liked Chucklevision as a kid, usually only when CITV was playing a show I wasn't so fond of. Nowadays, I've seen a few episodes and I'm not fussed by it.
In regards to Grange Hill, I wasn't a fan but I liked the 90's theme song.

Yeah, the Queen's Nose and Woody Woodpecker were fun (Queen's Nose's Kaleidoscope beginning will be forever ingrained in my mind) although I don't remember the Wild House.
As for Aquila, I've spoken a few times on this forum about how I used to love that show. Seeing them go joy-riding in that alien spaceship looked like a lot of fun. :)

You DON'T remember the Wild House?! Whhhat! That programme was great!

The A-team and McGyver. Too bad my parents didn't think it was appropriate tv for a young kid :D

Star Trek the original series replayed on a local channel.
Wild, wild west.
Lassie.
The Friendly Giant:)"Look up, waaaaaay up."
The Jetsons.
Casper the friendly ghost.
Like Young. :eek::D:D:oops:

Last edited:
The early to mid 1980's were class for kids' TV.

Some of the best stuff was on the BBC, such as Johnny Briggs, Around the World with Willy Fog, and loads of other cool stuff. However over on CITV there was the Rod Hull and Emu Show, Knightmare, Danger Mouse, Rainbow (Even though Bungle was gay, George was camper than a row of tents and Zippy was annoying), and Let's Pretend, which as I recall starred the woman who plays Lisa Dingle in Emmerdale.

knightmare i was obsessed with as it was very computer gamey,chatter happy ponies,animals of farthing wood and pet rescue-the animal rescue show with a really cheesy theme tune and at the end of the show they would have a pet who needed adopted on,i would drag my mother to the screen to show her whenever a pony needed adopting,i was so desperate for my own pony but for obvious reasons [i couldnt look after he/she and lack of space] i was not bestowed the love of a pony. :'(

oh,and if it was on,arthur-i still love that show today and have downloaded a ton of them on my laptop.

I watched a lot of PBS Kids shows, including Arthur and Cyberchase. Then at one point I watched Disney Channel and especially liked Lilo and Stitch The Series.

I hated Chuckle Vision!
DIE!! :mad::rage::poutingcat::imp:

And let me remind you all of some other 80's and 90's classics (sooo much better than todays twoddle). Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, Biker Mice From Mars, Foxs Peterpan And The Pirates, Beastwars, Rupert, Zzap, Ducktales, Gooftroop, Talespin, Winnie The Pooh & Friends, Inspector Gadget, Julia Jekyl & Harriet Hyde, Alphabet Castle, Familyness, Goosebumps, Super Mario Brothers, Sonic The Hedgehog, Postman Pat, The Riddlers, Tots TV, Pingu, Rosie & Jim, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Masked Rider, Round The Twist, Recess, Big Bad Beetleborgs, Thundercats. I'm sure I watched more, but these are the ones that come to mind (many of which I've been watching oncemore over the last 16yrs).

Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, Fresh Prince of Bel-air =D I have the whole series of Fresh Prince on DVD!

Voltron, HeMan Master of the Universe, SuperTed, Roger Ramjet, Inspector Gadget, Looney Tunes, The Addams Family, Astro Boy ... a true child of the 80s!

New Threads

Top Bottom