• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What pets live at your house?

Does anyone have a pet or pets?

• Yes, dog(s)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Yes, cat(s)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Yes, exotic(s) (I include birds to this too)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes, dog(s) and cat(s)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes, dog(s) and exotic(s)

• Yes, cat(s) and exotic(s)

• Yes dog(s), cat(s) and exotic(s)

• Total voters
I forgot about the fish. My mom has a tank with several fish in it. I'll be adding a betta to it, soon. My cat used to have a little catfish that he played with. The catfish would come to where the cat was sitting and try to get his attention, then take off in circles around the tank, while my cat ran around the outside. :p I was amazed at how much the fish seemed to enjoy the game.

I live with one beautiful dog, a female mixed-breed (lab, hound, husky...we have no friggin' clue, really) we rescued as a puppy. She is the sweetest companion I could ever hope for, somewhat eccentric, but always desperate to please, and seems to have an uncanny ability of sensing when I am in need of cuddles.

At my house, only five cats ... one of whom is the love of my life. At my best friend's house, about there's about a dozen cats I take care of. There's my friend's own cat, my deceased father's cat who lives in my friend's second bathroom (because he's declawed) until we find him a home, one semi-feral female I rescued and raised from a kitten, one large gray tabby stray who hangs around, three mama cats who all had kittens at the same time and all their babies (who are growing fast). "Be considerate of others and spare lives: Spay/Neuter your cat."

very kind of you to rescue so many cats. declawing is bad for them, though. yes, neutering is important, and i did fix mine. cats are magical creatures.

very kind of you to rescue so many cats. declawing is bad for them, though. yes, neutering is important, and i did fix mine. cats are magical creatures.

Thank you. It's very rewarding work. I've got a thread in the Obsessions section entitled "Feral Cat Rescue (TNR)" that gives more details on how the rescue efforts are going. Thank you for fixing your cat too. It's so important to prevent these magnificent animals from suffering. I agree that declawing is very bad for cats, and I don't approve of it at all, but my father didn't listen to my advice. :(

2012-01-08 16.00.43.jpg View attachment 13634 View attachment 13634 View attachment 13634

my service doggie who saved my life :) 2 turtles, one is 15 years old. 6 finches and a bullfrog

Two cats. :)
One's really shy when new people come over to my house for a visit, and takes ages to become comfortable with having them around.( Much like me at times, lol. :p)
The other one is pretty vocal, and tends to meow the house down at 7 a.m until she gets her breakfast. :p

My sweet little Danish/swedish farmdog Tilde <3 (many of you americans probably never heard of that breed) :)

I have 2 dogs and 1 cat. The dogs are called Tara and Winston. Winston is a crossbreed between a Chihuahua/English Terrier, who we managed to save after he was re-homed and moved all over the place too many times. He isn't a naughty dog, he is quite well behaved and has the sweetest face (in my opinion). The second dog is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. She has a calmed nature, and we ended up saving her as well. She was once dumped on our doorstep, because she couldn't be bred any more. I think I was only 5 at the time. It was quite heartbreaking. She was left in such a state, we ended up forking out for 2 operations. Luckily, she survived and was very grateful for it. She enjoys her life, living here. Even with the cat, she doesn't mind!

The cat is called Molly. We don't know what breed of cat she is... I know... that isn't too good of us. Molly is a good friend to me. She ends up brightening up my day as I brighten hers. She is very quiet and keeps herself isolated most of the time. She comes out when I'm there, for some reason. They say that cats can sense emotion pretty well. I do see a change in the way she acts whenever I am feeling down. She likes to try and lick me on the face when I'm feeling unwell. I wouldn't know what to do without my special baby.

(Enough rambling)

Two Beagles - Lucy & Katie
One Terrier/Schnauzer mix (hopefully temporary) - Harley
Four cats - Rhiannon, Ava, Emer, Bittens

:)

1 very lazy but massive cat. Sadly we lost his brother earlier in the year.
Lots of stick insects (they are hatching at the moment so no idea how many!)
2 fish tanks, one with guppies and one with cherry barbs

Hoping to get a dog maybe next year or the year after. I love animals :)

I have a ten month old english Staffordshire bull terrier named Sprocket I use to have a beagle but he passed on.

What pets live at you the house?
At my home there is a beautiful red kitten.
three cats (phoebe is the smallest female cat Ive ever seen with the naked eye )gizmo her son is a slightly :skinnier larger version of her then socks hes the biggest bicolour British shorthair Ive ever seen and an on /off cat i alternately call wooden or casanova as hes unneutered lives for reproduction and chicken/raw poultry

three cats (phoebe is the smallest female cat Ive ever seen with the naked eye )gizmo her son is a slightly :skinnier larger version of her then socks hes the biggest bicolour British shorthair Ive ever seen and an on /off cat i alternately call wooden or casanova as hes unneutered lives for reproduction and chicken/raw poultry
phoebe might have not recieved the right nutrients when she was a kitten,she might have been the runt of the litter.
my sisters cat ruby was the runt of the litter and shes grown up tiny to, youd think shes like 6 month old but i was shocked when my sister told me shes 10 this year,only got one photo of her on my dads laptop,her eyes are massive most of the time-she is very scared of humans as her mother,sandy has a weird personality disorder type thing from abuse she recieved before my sister took her in;heavily pregnant and physically kicked out of the previous house-her behavior towards people made ruby very scared.
anyway,enough waffling,this is ruby:
v3gg8z.jpg

what an amazing colour ,you maybe right about phoebe but shes the terminator of mice and heartbreakingly two wrens in the last year frustrated screaming

2 cats- Foxy is a grey & white female Bengal mix turning 1 years old on Sunday, and Flash is a 6 months old male orange tabby.

zzFlash14.jpg

zzFlash16.jpg

Five cats currently, three of them are rescues from the street, we had a kitten that died from Luekiema back in January, the older male we have has tumors now. :( He's our old man.

New Threads

Top Bottom