• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you happy today?

On Friday, I took a time-consuming task in the project I'm working on and reformulated its math to do it a more efficient way. That task is now running 6x as fast and the overall process is running faster than the requirements specify, for the first time.

It was all I could talk about on Friday.

I sent out my resume for two different types of work, and they both generated interest. Just took off two days from work and did a interview both days.

But one medical office lobby had such a packrat look, files to the ceiling, every wall space had something on it, l knew it would be visual burn out for me, l need order or my eyes become over stimulated. I was this close to asking who was bipolar because hoarding look is usually bipolar. The doctor's office wasn't much better. Piles everywhere. Plus receptionist look like she wanted to s'more me, skewer me and turn in slow heat, not friendly looking AT ALL. But at least being on the spectrum, l looked at the visual clues instead of ignoring them.

Today is my birthday, and I got some extra spending money, my parents took me out shopping and then we went out to eat. I had deep dish lasagna, it was really good. My mother also made me a delicious black forest birthday cake.:yum:

A big glass of chocolate milk and falling down outside in a snowbank while laughing. I've been so clumsy in the last few days that it frightened me. Actually sewed through my index finger while using a sewing machine and and cut my foot on a piece of glass. It's relief that the clumsiness is now over and hopefully will not happen again for awhile.

Last edited:
Today l respected their boundaries- and l spoke up and l feel better at how l conducted myself.

The plushie of Pumbaa (from the animated Lion King movie) that I ordered from Amazon arrived today. Last month I found a plushie of Timon at Value Village that was like brand new, so naturally I wanted to get good ol' Pumbaa. The only problem was that Pumbaa was nowhere near as cheap at Amazon as Timon was at Value Village. Gooo figure. But I wasn't counting on being lucky enough to find Pumbaa at Value Village as well.:rolleyes:

The plushie of Pumbaa (from the animated Lion King movie) that I ordered from Amazon arrived today. Last month I found a plushie of Timon at Value Village that was like brand new, so naturally I wanted to get good ol' Pumbaa. The only problem was that Pumbaa was nowhere near as cheap at Amazon as Timon was at Value Village. Gooo figure. But I wasn't counting on being lucky enough to find Pumbaa at Value Village as well.:rolleyes:

Awesome. I wish there was a nice plushie of Gerald the seal, from Finding Dory. I would buy that in a heartbeat. There was one on Amazon, but it's super expensive.

Reorganising the garden.

Digging, replanting, tidying up and getting hit by wave after wave of inspiration for ideas. :)

Solidly socked in at -15C and it's snowed for the last week every day. Thinking about fruit trees, and seeds and bushes and cycling.

My brother is visiting this week, and today he took me out shopping and we went out for supper.
And I was able to get a card and a couple of gifts for my dad's upcoming birthday.

New place l am moving to has everything super close. Can't wait for Tuesday. Can start my artwork and reading and writing again.

Last edited:
Today I went to my parent's house with my brother and sil to celebrate my dad's birthday. My dad really enjoyed liked the presents we gave him, and we had a delicious supper of glazed ham and Boston Cream Pie for his birthday cake. (it's called pie but it's really a cake) The only problem was that we couldn't put candles on it because instead of chocolate frosting my mother used melted chocolate on top of the cake, and when it hardened she couldn't stick the candles in. We all sang Happy Birthday anyway, but my dad didn't look too happy that he couldn't blow out any candles. Mom suggested he make a wish when cutting his slice of cake.:grinning:

I saw a cute little wild rabbit hopping through the alley this morning as I built a cat fort in the backyard.

I got up at 4am with my kids to watch the Lyrid meteor shower. We saw 16 meteors in 40 minutes.

Normally, I wouldn't sacrifice sleep for this, but with all of us doing school and work from home, we can make it work.

New Threads

Top Bottom