• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Is Your Favourite Weather

On another topic, still weather related... I'm amusing myself the last couple of days with photos from Spain, I suspect snow is a rare event there, and you can tell people are having fun with it... It's rather ordinary to us in Canada and northern United States

Ideal weather for me is a warm sunny day, between 20 and 25 degrees C, spent in the forest or by a lake. Some people don't like clouds, but I like like them and find them interesting - as long as it's just clouds and not rain. I don't like rain much.

On another topic, still weather related... I'm amusing myself the last couple of days with photos from Spain, I suspect snow is a rare event there, and you can tell people are having fun with it... It's rather ordinary to us in Canada and northern United States
And higher elevation United States as well because parts of the Southwest can have similar climates to Canada because they are at very high elevation with much of Utah, New Mexico, and Colorado being perfect examples.

Ideal weather for me is a warm sunny day, between 20 and 25 degrees C, spent in the forest or by a lake. Some people don't like clouds, but I like like them and find them interesting - as long as it's just clouds and not rain. I don't like rain much.
Why do you not like rain much? and what type of rain do you not like much (because not all rainfall is the same)?

Why do you not like rain much? and what type of rain do you not like much (because not all rainfall is the same)?
I don't like mainly heavy rain. Where I live, it mostly rains in winter: it's damp and cold. I like to go for walks, but if I walk outside when it's raining, I need an umbrella, but that still won't protect my lower legs and feet, so they still get wet, and I have to hold the umbrella everywhere I go, and remember that I have it if I need to leave it somewhere. More preparations needed to go outside. Rain is necessary, but for me, the ideal thing is for it to rain during the night and be gone by the morning. I'm like a cat - don't like getting wet.

I also have a rather strange thing about going for walks and taking photos on ultra cold days of winter, for many years now... One photo from December 2008, I believe it was at least -25 Celsius this day, very cold! Can you feel the cold? :p

Cold Weather 01.jpg

Frost, fog, rain, snow.

Basically anything the average person considers "bad" or "miserable" weather is what I enjoy. Again, in stark contrast to the status quo; I find hot, sunny days absolutely abhorrent.

Ed
Since you like any weather the average person considers bad or miserable do you think you would like the weather on Mt. Washington New Hampshire which is considered to have the worst weather in the world or even the Faroe Islands which is the least sunny place on earth?

Favourite: Cold, windy, foggy, dark, and rainy.

Least favourite: Anything arid and excessively bright (especially during fall and winter seasons or when its supposed to).

Last edited:
Frost, fog, rain, snow.

Basically anything the average person considers "bad" or "miserable" weather is what I enjoy. Again, in stark contrast to the status quo; I find hot, sunny days absolutely abhorrent.

Ed
Why do you find hot, sunny days absolutely abhorrent?

Why do you find hot, sunny days absolutely abhorrent?

I'll second Ed... I hate sweating profusely on a super hot day (which is what I do on days like that), thankfully that is something we don't get too often here in Alberta... I went for a walk today, crunching through snow, at about -15 Celcius... If you want some peace and quiet? Hardly a soul in the park, probably because of the weather, you just have to dress warm enough which I can easily do... And for my photography I love the visual mood of a cloudy, cold, winter day... Yes I'm strange :p

Last edited:
Mid spring or Mid fall. When you just need a cardigan over a long sleeve shirt, and there is beautiful colors all around.

We just suffered through ice, sleet and snow in Mississippi - the same storm system that knocked out the electricity in Texas. Our power went off about 8:00 on Wednesday night and wasn't restored for 48 hours. We set up the gasoline generator which we use to power a small TV, the kitchen refrigerator, some electric space heaters, a couple of table lamps, cell phone charger, a heating pad, a hot plate or crockpot, and a few other things. Our house is all-electric so we had no hot water, no stove, no central heat, no nothing unless we could plug it into the generator. I slept in turtle necks, thick sweatpants and socks with a cat on each side of my body because they love the warmth. We could hear trees and branches breaking all over our tree farm throughout the nights. They sound like rifle shots when they break. At one point it was thundering while it sleeted and snowed.

Despite the discomfort, I saw something I've never seen before: 4 full grown bluebirds sharing a bluebird box. I didn't know that they would all pack together to stay warm, and when I first saw them flying out of the box, one after another, it reminded me of a clown car at the circus. I found several half frozen birds in our yard so I put them in a cardboard box with the lid closed and put them in the laundry room for 30 minutes to warm up, then released them. I also saw dead birds who froze to death.

We're not used to or prepared for severe cold and frozen precipitation down here!

We just suffered through ice, sleet and snow in Mississippi - the same storm system that knocked out the electricity in Texas. Our power went off about 8:00 on Wednesday night and wasn't restored for 48 hours. We set up the gasoline generator which we use to power a small TV, the kitchen refrigerator, some electric space heaters, a couple of table lamps, cell phone charger, a heating pad, a hot plate or crockpot, and a few other things. Our house is all-electric so we had no hot water, no stove, no central heat, no nothing unless we could plug it into the generator. I slept in turtle necks, thick sweatpants and socks with a cat on each side of my body because they love the warmth. We could hear trees and branches breaking all over our tree farm throughout the nights. They sound like rifle shots when they break. At one point it was thundering while it sleeted and snowed.

Despite the discomfort, I saw something I've never seen before: 4 full grown bluebirds sharing a bluebird box. I didn't know that they would all pack together to stay warm, and when I first saw them flying out of the box, one after another, it reminded me of a clown car at the circus. I found several half frozen birds in our yard so I put them in a cardboard box with the lid closed and put them in the laundry room for 30 minutes to warm up, then released them. I also saw dead birds who froze to death.

We're not used to or prepared for severe cold and frozen precipitation down here!

Here in Alberta we just survived a -28 cold snap for a week, but we're used to it here... Typically once or twice a winter we will get one, and we do insulate our homes and our lives

I can't imagine (as I watched the news) how people in the southern United States dealt with that, glad you came out okay... And we do have birds here that stay all winter in all kinds of temperatures...

New Threads

Top Bottom