• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Is Your Favourite Weather

Sunny or partly cloudy, 60F and above. I have seasonal affective disorder as well, and Winter (and snow in general) is a major trigger for anger/anxiety.

I absolutely love geography and climate/weather as well. I've been interested in both ever since I was a kid.

As far as weather I love, I prefer any kind of active weather like rain and snow. In general, I am more of an indoors person, so those types of days are made for that. I also enjoy the period leading up to active weather, watching the forecast, and noticing the weather changes.

I love thunderstorms, but we don't get too many of them where I live unfortunately.
What is your favourite type of geography?

Rainy & cool, something it seldom is in the dry tropics where I live. When the pandemic is handled, I am off to another environment where I can grow poppies, stock, larkspurs, delphiniums & carnations.

Rainy & cool, something it seldom is in the dry tropics where I live. When the pandemic is handled, I am off to another environment where I can grow poppies, stock, larkspurs, delphiniums & carnations.
Where would you like to live since you said you want another environment?

I like cool (70f/21c), wet (light rain), light breezy (just enough so the air doesn't feel stale) weather ... preferably with light humidity...

I like the look of snow, and it's pretty cool and peaceful … I've lived in a sub-tropical environment most of my life, so actually living in an environment where it snows is foreign to me...

I like the look of snow, and it's pretty cool and peaceful … I've lived in a sub-tropical environment most of my life, so actually living in an environment where it snows is foreign to me...
Go to a ski resort \cabin for a holiday , don't live there .

It's best to analyze and rate the weather for yourself. Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't mean another person wouldn't.
It also depends on how much snow you get as well, because you could be in the Pacific Northwest and get 0.5-1 meter (1-3 ft) of snow and it wouldn't be that bad because its melts fast and the rain washes it away but if your in somewhere like Upstate New York it's going to be a different story, not saying it's good or bad, again its best to analyze the weather for yourself.

You have to like it or lump it. Weather discussion is common small talk in every work place I've been in. The amount of complaints for "bad weather" is ridiculous. It's as if these people hadn't lived in England all their lives. You'd think adults would've acclimatise by now.

If I'm dragged into weather conversations I keep it blunt. If it's raining outside, people tend to get indoors and say "Oh, isn't it horrible outside?" and I just reply "No" and go about whatever it was I was doing. Similarly in summer when it's hot and uncomfortable and people say "Oh, it's lovely outside."

"No."

Ed

You have to like it or lump it. Weather discussion is common small talk in every work place I've been in. The amount of complaints for "bad weather" is ridiculous. It's as if these people hadn't lived in England all their lives. You'd think adults would've acclimatise by now.

If I'm dragged into weather conversations I keep it blunt. If it's raining outside, people tend to get indoors and say "Oh, isn't it horrible outside?" and I just reply "No" and go about whatever it was I was doing. Similarly in summer when it's hot and uncomfortable and people say "Oh, it's lovely outside."

"No."

Ed
I agree.

stinking hawt here, ugh. Perth...long dry summers, supposed to be 27 overnite and 39 tomorrow. CELCIUS

Trouble with Australia is there's no cities in the temperate zone down on the south coast, just smalltowns.

Trouble with Australia is there's no cities in the temperate zone down on the south coast, just smalltowns.
No cities in the temperate zone? What could exist down there if the temperate zone is supposed to be the most suitable for settlement.

New Threads

Top Bottom