• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Is Your Favourite Weather

Melbourne is up an inlet hence technically inland climate, hot summers, freezing winters. Lived in small town nth coast Tasmania, they're all inbred xenophobes. It's like something out of a horror film when you know what they're really like. Tasmania is very rainy, drizzly lotsa mould/moss, it's like NZ it's green cos its rainy.

Favourite koppen climate code?
oHwsLSHmFqNYSaJ4QHP8iu5nDFuABHoLgtIcRPY-f4QJPHspVdmP4c9p3LmL97FkD27dmc_tCkR2lmjg5Ykh739j0KDrZrRCcTNTHtVzPN-iTQ

My would likely be if you just going by codes would be.

C or D (Temperate or cold).
F (No dry season).
A or B (Warm summers or Hot summers).

So it would be Cfa (Humid subtropical), Cfb (Oceanic), Dfa (Hot summer continental), Dfb (Warm summer continental).

Nova Scotia climate sounds interesting since it is pretty much all of those climate zones put together.

As a photographer I love winter weather, I love walking around as the snow comes down, winter fog, even the ultra cold days for as long as I can manage to stay outside, even to take photos on those cold days, and I love the "naked" trees of winter (compared to summer trees), I even like the industrial side of winter - there is one old industrial park here that is perfect for a winter walk, there is a certain feel to a winter day and winter weather, you just have to dress for it...

It has always surprised me how many of my fellow photographers put their cameras away in the winter and snow... Snow in the evening (after dark) is my favourite time to take photos, weekends work best for that and it's relatively rare actually, if I see that combination I will head out the door almost immediately!

A photo from 2015, but I do live in a land of winter, so this is a regular thing:

View attachment 65166
That looks gorgeous? where was that picture taken?

What do winters feel like in Calgary and are they as bad as people say they are?

All of Canada gets true winter weather, except for a small region on the west coast (Vancouver area, and Vancouver Island)

The rest of Canada? Snow, and some cold days, we can get as cold as -30 Celcius sometimes or big dumps of snow when it's not easy to get around

In a manner of speaking winter here is bad, but there is lots of fun to be had in winter as well, people here love winter sports, I think snowy landscape is beautiful (more beautiful than summer landscape), just one more example from Lake Louise, early morning fog on a winter day, you can't see the mountains in the background, but a magical morning for a walk still

Lake Louise 01.jpg

All of Canada gets true winter weather, except for a small region on the west coast (Vancouver area, and Vancouver Island)

The rest of Canada? Snow, and some cold days, we can get as cold as -30 Celcius sometimes or big dumps of snow when it's not easy to get around

In a manner of speaking winter here is bad, but there is lots of fun to be had in winter as well, people here love winter sports, I think snowy landscape is beautiful (more beautiful than summer landscape), just one more example from Lake Louise, early morning fog on a winter day, you can't see the mountains in the background, but a magical morning for a walk still

View attachment 65642
Besides with winter you can always put more clothes on but with summer you have to just put up with it unless you have ac or a fan.

For Canada it depends, Much of Southern Ontario and much of the Maritimes tend to have winters that are on the milder side (going by Canadian standards), but winters there still definitely exist in these regions.

Besides with winter you can always put more clothes on but with summer you have to just put up with it unless you have ac or a fan.

For Canada it depends, Much of Southern Ontario and much of the Maritimes tend to have winters that are on the milder side (going by Canadian standards), but winters there still definitely exist in these regions.

How about a Winnipeg winter for you? :)

New Threads

Top Bottom