• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Is Your Favourite Weather

Can you tell me more about that white stretch across the northern part of Washington and Idaho that then dips in Montana?

From List of North American deserts - Wikipedia it seems that there is a break, but it's around Oregon.
There are parts of Idaho and Western Montana in the Rocky Mountains that aren't arid and get more rain. The map in that wikipedia article doesn't touch the Idaho-Montana border and Coeur d'Alene is a perfect example. Even accurate maps made be really good cartographers can be a bit off sometimes.

Last edited:
Places%20I%20Would%20Never%20Want%20To%20Live%20Map.png

Places%20I%20Would%20Never%20Want%20To%20Live%20Map.png

This is my new map of climates I wouldn't like/places I wouldn't want to live. I wouldn't like anything desert, grassland, and/or tundra. I updated the map because semi arids like California and Colorado still have natural beauty and landscapes.

Me personally I just don't see the need for any temperature higher than 85 degrees (30 c) when it comes to summer climate preferences.

You can still have all of the summer related activities (Eg. swimming, bbqs, vacations, etc) within the 65-85 (18-30 c) degree range. It would actually be better because all of the money you would of spent on a massive AC bill could otherwise be spent on even more summer activities.

Me personally I just don't see the need for any temperature higher than 85 degrees (30 c) when it comes to summer climate preferences.

You can still have all of the summer related activities (Eg. swimming, bbqs, vacations, etc) within the 65-85 (18-30 c) degree range. It would actually be better because all of the money you would of spent on a massive AC bill could otherwise be spent on even more summer activities.
I can go in the 90's sometimes but not all time. I say that because anything over 85 degrees (especially with humidity) is miserable and gross. Besides it just forces you to consume more to cool down, more water, more ac, more fans, more sunscreen, more etc.

Last edited:
Hot and sunny is my kind of weather. My 'home away from home' so to speak, in South Africa, my favourite kind of environment!

The heat waves of 40C was still tolerable to me, I really like it hot.

49707152268_fc3f4c562c.jpg

Hot and sunny is my kind of weather. My 'home away from home' so to speak, in South Africa, my favourite kind of environment!

The heat waves of 40C was still tolerable to me, I really like it hot.

49707152268_fc3f4c562c.jpg
That would be overwhelming for me.
The only way I can cope with weather in the late 20's outside is to take a plant mister with me to cool myself down. Otherwise, it's just overwhelming.
I remember being in the south of France and it was 100 deg F and I was in the water most of the time.

From about 60F to 90F I stay comfortable by adjusting my level of clothing and my activity rate. Remember that 60 in the midday sun feels 20 degrees warmer than 60 before the sun rises.

It is easier to adapt to cold than to heat. Another layer of insulation can always be worn but when it is hot, eventually you run out of things to take off. Indoors, fans are your friends and clothing is your enemy.

I don't hike steep hills or big distances above 85F. I don't do any hiking above 90F. Shade and a breeze or recreational water can kick this up a few degrees but not much. In hot weather, if I can't get any shade, then I have to wear something light-colored and loose.

If the day's high is 100F, it probably dropped to 70 at night. Maybe even 60. Depends on atmospheric moisture and how late in the season. So at least in the desert, the nights are lovely in the summer. You can do your work in the evening and morning and then estivate in midday. Siesta time!

Aestivation - Wikipedia

Cooler temperatures are great altho I seriously start to think about clothing somewhere in the 60s, depending on my activity level. One time I climbed a thousand-foot hill to get back to my car at night. When I got there, the car's thermometer said it was 48 degrees. I wasn't a bit cold until I stopped hiking.

From about 60F to 90F I stay comfortable by adjusting my level of clothing and my activity rate. Remember that 60 in the midday sun feels 20 degrees warmer than 60 before the sun rises.

It is easier to adapt to cold than to heat. Another layer of insulation can always be worn but when it is hot, eventually you run out of things to take off. Indoors, fans are your friends and clothing is your enemy.

I don't hike steep hills or big distances above 85F. I don't do any hiking above 90F. Shade and a breeze or recreational water can kick this up a few degrees but not much. In hot weather, if I can't get any shade, then I have to wear something light-colored and loose.

If the day's high is 100F, it probably dropped to 70 at night. Maybe even 60. Depends on atmospheric moisture and how late in the season. So at least in the desert, the nights are lovely in the summer. You can do your work in the evening and morning and then estivate in midday. Siesta time!

Aestivation - Wikipedia

Cooler temperatures are great altho I seriously start to think about clothing somewhere in the 60s, depending on my activity level. One time I climbed a thousand-foot hill to get back to my car at night. When I got there, the car's thermometer said it was 48 degrees. I wasn't a bit cold until I stopped hiking.

I used to cross country ski at high elevations in the Rocky mountains, wearing shorts and a bikini top, because I generated my own heat. But as soon as I stopped skiing, I had to put back on clothing to stay warm. You're right - cold is much easier to deal with than extreme heat.

If these global weather anomalies continue into a real trend, I may no longer have any particular favorite season, let alone type of weather. Too much "whiplash" from Mother Nature. o_O

I like cold weather and moderate weather as opposed to hot weather and I don't really have a least favourite weather only least favourite climate and that would be deserts and tropics. Weatherwise I like it in the 40s f which is 4-10 c.

I have had my share of winter weather so now I want summer. I want the heat. Scandinavian winters are brutal. Sun, blue skies, maybe 25 C with just a little wind so the air moves a little.

But my favorite type of weather is something that only last for a little while. A warm sunny summer day in a spruce forest and then it rains for half an hour. When it stops raining and the sun comes back, it heats up the forest and evaporates water, the air is fresh and moist and it smells of spruce and moss and soil for a while. That`s as good as it gets.
Yes they sure are just look at the latitude on a map would probably explain a good amount of it the same way the Taklamakan desert in China looks uninhabitable.

I am sensitive to heat so 60-65 F and low humidity is perfect. Also, deep blue skies with occasional white puffy clouds are great. And no wind (maybe a light breeze) for smoking my pipes/cigars and/or fishing. An occasional blizzard or a violent thunderstorm is fun too.

I can't stand cold weather. I don't mind some rain, but the ideal situation is clear-blue sky with a lot of sunshine, around 25 °C.

Warm summer days make the best memories.

New Threads

Top Bottom