• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Is Your Favourite Weather

I like a frosty one, because many times it denotes a beautiful sunny day, even if tempertures are not very high, but sometimes they are not very low either.

Frost, fog, rain, snow.

Basically anything the average person considers "bad" or "miserable" weather is what I enjoy. Again, in stark contrast to the status quo; I find hot, sunny days absolutely abhorrent.

Ed

Rain or cold weather. I would like to experience snow but as I live in Costa Rica it doesn't snow here hehe.

I like *good enough* weather.
Good enough to walk outside in shoes, not boots.

Boots are necessary due to snow, but they aren't fun to walk in.

Rain or cold weather. I would like to experience snow but as I live in Costa Rica it doesn't snow here hehe.
You should goto one of your mountains one day, try a ski lift ,it's strange getting on but goodish for claustrophobia ,didn't like gondola cars it's bizarrely very warm in mountain towns during the day .

I like *good enough* weather.
Good enough to walk outside in shoes, not boots.

Boots are necessary due to snow, but they aren't fun to walk in.
Try something with memory foam insoles it keeps your foot in a very comfortable position buy a lot of insoles as you'll probably wear them down quickly

As a photographer I love winter weather, I love walking around as the snow comes down, winter fog, even the ultra cold days for as long as I can manage to stay outside, even to take photos on those cold days, and I love the "naked" trees of winter (compared to summer trees), I even like the industrial side of winter - there is one old industrial park here that is perfect for a winter walk, there is a certain feel to a winter day and winter weather, you just have to dress for it...

It has always surprised me how many of my fellow photographers put their cameras away in the winter and snow... Snow in the evening (after dark) is my favourite time to take photos, weekends work best for that and it's relatively rare actually, if I see that combination I will head out the door almost immediately!

A photo from 2015, but I do live in a land of winter, so this is a regular thing:

Snow2015_01.jpg

Heat and sun. Preferably no rain, and DEFINITELY no snow.

Naturally this means that I live where it slimes all the time and winter is just bonkers temperature ups and downs and sludge everywhere.

What's that? Oh, the slime? Yeah, we dont get "rain" here. Just slime.

I like mild, sunny days and dislike extreme cold. I also hate constant wind like in the plains states, central US. Hurricanes are frequent where I live, and, truth be told, I always like the anticipation of danger posed by potential hurricanes and the routines involved in getting ready for them. We have a lot of tornadoes, too, which are terrifying and can do a lot more damage than hurricanes.

Dry weather. I don't care if it's cold as long as it's dry. I hate how damp it is here in the UK. Especially at this time of year. Everything is wet, even the air is wet. I hate that.

However there is a mountain called Cerro Chirripo, if you like mountains, but due to Costa Rica's low latitude it probably is one of the only places that gets snow, and that its probably an occasional event if it does.

As a photographer I love winter weather, I love walking around as the snow comes down, winter fog, even the ultra cold days for as long as I can manage to stay outside, even to take photos on those cold days, and I love the "naked" trees of winter (compared to summer trees), I even like the industrial side of winter - there is one old industrial park here that is perfect for a winter walk, there is a certain feel to a winter day and winter weather, you just have to dress for it...

It has always surprised me how many of my fellow photographers put their cameras away in the winter and snow... Snow in the evening (after dark) is my favourite time to take photos, weekends work best for that and it's relatively rare actually, if I see that combination I will head out the door almost immediately!

A photo from 2015, but I do live in a land of winter, so this is a regular thing:

View attachment 65166
That sounds very cool.

However there is a mountain called Cerro Chirripo, if you like mountains, but due to Costa Rica's low latitude it probably is one of the only places that gets snow, and that its probably an occasional event if it does.

Yep, you are correct, this is the talest mountain in my country and there is a little of snow there. I have never been there to be honest; sometimes in Irazú Volcano there's s little bit of snow but only when the weather is very very cold; specially somedays in december. I remember years ago when I went with my brothers to a night rally car race there; it was the coldest weather I have experienced, like 12°C; for some of you that may be like a fresh summer day but it was really really cold for me lol.

Try something with memory foam insoles it keeps your foot in a very comfortable position buy a lot of insoles as you'll probably wear them down quickly

What I mean by boots not being fun to walk in is
the weight of the boots and the depth of the snow.
Average snowfall during the winter here is
about 12 feet. Not all at once, of course. Average
depth....generally a foot on the ground. Taking the
cat litter out to the end of the garden, frequently the
snow is up to my knees.

Also, the road gets slippery.

So I am enjoying being able to go walk while the ground
is bare.

New Threads

Top Bottom