• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Is Your Favourite Weather

When it's cold, so cold that your feet make a crunching sound in the snow when walking. But without very much wind or blowing snow. Where the sky is bright and cloudless and all of it is so bright that you need to cover your eyes. Think it's usually described as cold and clear.

Also like those days in summer when the morning is slightly foggy and the sun evaporates the fog and brightens it all up. And those autumn days when you can hear the wind blowing through the trees.

Stormy downpour with bare feet and bubble umbrella.

The sky gets deep blue gray, seeing without bright sun pain stabbing eyes. All colors seem rich, grass is so green suddenly.

The air changes it's feel and smell and weight. Wind is erratic in speed and location. Pointing umbrella toward wind to keep it from flipping.

Pouring rain and winds collect to merge and stream. Bare feet on the warm blacktop walking in the streams, staying pace with currents building size and speed. Standing still the water gushes around ankles and feet headed toward the drains.

Save a worm if you can, why not?

No memories or worries, just fully in the present.

Lightening, thunder, tornados, flooding, stuff like that i don't like.

Last edited:
If I'm heading out for a long run or walk, having some light cool mist throughout the morning, and then breaking up to let the sun through as I'm finishing up.

I prefer 40-65 degrees, hoodie weather. I don't love super hot weather and I enjoy rainy weather for some reason.

Thunderstorms. Lightning, wind, heavy rain. Ought to have been a storm chaser. Of course, I live in a location where that's extremely rare.

Yep, you are correct, this is the talest mountain in my country and there is a little of snow there. I have never been there to be honest; sometimes in Irazú Volcano there's s little bit of snow but only when the weather is very very cold; specially somedays in december. I remember years ago when I went with my brothers to a night rally car race there; it was the coldest weather I have experienced, like 12°C; for some of you that may be like a fresh summer day but it was really really cold for me lol.
I'm in Southern California as of this post, but weather around 5-15 c (41-59 f) is my favourite weather. But I could go even lower it was once around 0 c (32 f) and I loved it, it was t shirt weather to me because I love the feel of the cold air blowing on me, but I wore a jacket (not that I hate wearing jackets, they feel and look really nice actually) that I didn't stand out like a sore thumb to everyone else that was. Don't get me wrong I also love hot summer days 35 c (95 f) during summer as well.

Thunderstorms. Lightning, wind, heavy rain. Ought to have been a storm chaser. Of course, I live in a location where that's extremely rare.
Me to. If I could change Southern California's weather (where I live as of this post) the number one thing I would change is that I would get rid of the semi-aridness and add around 5-6 times more rain and rainy days. I would also make fall colder as well (I seen it been 90 degrees on November before), and would make the seasons change faster because season take forever to change in Southern California.

Warm, dry, low humidity and I wouldn't care if it ever rained.
My heaven would be 80 degrees farenheit, blue sky with a few puffy clouds.
The border lands in Arizona I've found I love the most. Some changes of seasons there,
but never cold. Where the desert meets the mountains. Cave creek canyon for example.

If I wanted more tropical landscape, it would be some place like Hawaii.
No thunderstorms, please.

What I mean by boots not being fun to walk in is
the weight of the boots and the depth of the snow.
Average snowfall during the winter here is
about 12 feet. Not all at once, of course. Average
depth....generally a foot on the ground. Taking the
cat litter out to the end of the garden, frequently the
snow is up to my knees.

Also, the road gets slippery.

So I am enjoying being able to go walk while the ground
is bare.
Do you wear animal skin boots as they are heavy ?polyester are much lighter! and do you have waders or salopettes?do you have grips for your boots ?

A summer afternoon thunderstorm in the Nevada Desert. :cool:

Desert Storm.jpg

Where I sit down to watch it as if it were a really good movie I've seen before. :)

Last edited:
@Streetwise

My boots are lightweight snow mobile boots
of man made materials. I don't weight much
myself and find the addition of boots to be
an annoying experience.

Yes, I do have yak trax I can put on for added
traction. I don't find it to be very useful.
Traction Cleats For Ice and Snow, Body Warmers | Yaktrax
I have different snow grips
Screenshot_20201209-184140.png
this type they work for me ,didn't try the yak trax ,Wellingtons are also good if you get ankle length

If you want to tell me (you don't have to say) what country and what part of that country are you in?
I'm in the U.S. and in the PNW region. The state I'm in has slightly different climates based on the western and eastern parts of the state, the part I'm in is more rainy than snowy during this time of year.

I'm in the U.S. and in the PNW region. The state I'm in has slightly different climates based on the western and eastern parts of the state, the part I'm in is more rainy than snowy during this time of year.
Cool. That's my favourite region of North America.

New Threads

Top Bottom