• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your dream job?

My soul wants to travel, I would love to design buildings, I love thrift shops, I love to write, learn, I have been a poet, Pizza maker, Web designer, rabbit breeder, and community page operator on facebook. I am never happy, people always wind up ruining it for me.

I like driving, too, more so if I'm by myself, so Wanderer's hotshot hauling idea sounds cool.

I looked this up http://www.overdriveonline.com/hotshot-trucking-how-to-start/

I recently bought a house on 20 acres in a rural, yet economically busy part of the state, planning on renting it out for now. In a year or two, might consider this as an option and move there myself. I have done a lot of hauling on flatbed trailers, loaded a lot of box trucks for my job and other projects, and pulled a lot of weird loads on my bike trailer [180 pound maximum, 3-60lb bags of concrete, small cement mixer, 100 gallon cone tank with steel stand, 4 bundles of 16' siding(I made a tongue extender) 4 sapling trees with a tandem trailer set up I made, etc.]

The load securement class sounds interesting.

I like driving, too, more so if I'm by myself, so Wanderer's hotshot hauling idea sounds cool.

I looked this up http://www.overdriveonline.com/hotshot-trucking-how-to-start/

I recently bought a house on 20 acres in a rural, yet economically busy part of the state, planning on renting it out for now. In a year or two, might consider this as an option and move there myself. I have done a lot of hauling on flatbed trailers, loaded a lot of box trucks for my job and other projects, and pulled a lot of weird loads on my bike trailer [180 pound maximum, 3-60lb bags of concrete, small cement mixer, 100 gallon cone tank with steel stand, 4 bundles of 16' siding(I made a tongue extender) 4 sapling trees with a tandem trailer set up I made, etc.]

The load securement class sounds interesting.
This idea belongs to Sportster. The only downside is the amount of capital that it's going to take. My executive dysfunction has left my credit in shambles so I'm going to have to get started the old fashioned way, by working hard and saving. Also by learning executive functioning skills.

This idea belongs to Sportster. The only downside is the amount of capital that it's going to take. My executive dysfunction has left my credit in shambles so I'm going to have to get started the old fashioned way, by working hard and saving. Also by learning executive functioning skills.

Me too. I'm under no illusions that operating my own business, no matter how small, would be easy. Luckily, one area that I've done well with is staying out of debt, and managing it well when I've used it.

English teacher, only thing is I'm too pedantic about grammar and spelling, I'd be getting threatening letters from Parents angry that I marked down their little Darlings' Homework for poor spelling or grammar, your equals you're, there equals their and other grammar errors that a lot of people do.

If I could learn stuff like Game Maker or Unity, I could be a games designer, and I'm actually learning animation at the moment, have a look on YouTube for an animation I did this week, using a Batman Lego vehicle model.

Gimme 2 minutes and I'll post a link.

I sell on Ebay, Etsy, and half.com. I buy things and resell them for a profit and also sell original artwork I create. My dream job would be to turn this little hobby into a business and hire other disabled people to work for me.

I sell on Ebay, Etsy, and half.com. I buy things and resell them for a profit and also sell original artwork I create. My dream job would be to turn this little hobby into a business and hire other disabled people to work for me.
Nice! Have you looked at jet.com?

String theorist, working at the Institute for Advanced Study with Edward Witten, having professional contacts with Roger Penrose and Julian Barbour.

Yeah, I know, a pipe dream. :p
When I was a lot younger, I wanted to be a particle physicist, nice to see some one that sort of shares my interests. I had to walk away still got a decent career. now retired. Thinking of physics is my hobby.

An astronaut? A firefighter? Doctor? Sports star? A soldier?

What is your dream job?
My dream job is to not have a job at all, frankly. I want to support myself through my passion and craft, which is music. I want to perform, to record a CD, to teach and instruct, and to write music--all while making money from this. I don't want to be the best or be famous or anything like that; I just want a comfortable, happy life with my fiance and my passion.

I think it would be awesome to be a park ranger, particularly for a larger one like a state or national park.
Out of curiosity, have you ever heard of all the horror stories from SARS which was particularly popular on Reddit years ago? Unsure if they were totally true or fantastically false, but...man, it was a hit years ago.

Can "collecting cars" be called a job? :) I would like to have that job. Collecting American cars full-time.

But it probably doesn't qualify as a job...
Repo Man (1984)
My dream job is to not have a job at all, frankly. I want to support myself through my passion and craft, which is music. I want to perform, to record a CD, to teach and instruct, and to write music--all while making money from this. I don't want to be the best or be famous or anything like that; I just want a comfortable, happy life with my fiance and my passion.
Money For Nothing, Dire Straits (1985)

Last edited:
I sometimes dream of being a classical musician, or taking over a traditional art/crafts shop inherited from my parents.(they don't have anything like that) I sometimes see such things on TV, people running a small business inherited from their parents, like a sweets shop or jewellery store.

What is your dream job?​

It would have been being a "Trust-funder", but that wasn't remotely possible!

Silliness aside, I'm not sure what would have been an ideal job.
Retirement suits me fine.

My dream job would be traditional artist. Digital art is too complicated for me, although I have worked with it before. I dream of living in someone's attic painting and sketching. That would be cool if someone could take me in and all I would have to do is paint!

My cousin paints for a living complemented by singing classical music so it can be done you will not get rich I think she has a large octave range, sister my cousin the drummer.

I don't know that I could only do one thing. Think tank entertainment work, plus music, plus live events sometimes, plus concept designs, plus actual set work but then a lot of alone time for recharging to handle any of it again.

I'd love to be a YouTuber. But not one of those YouTubers with tens of millions of subscribers and a massive fanbase or whatever, I'm talking like I'd love to have a YouTube channel where I just post videos about the topics I'm passionate about and able to build enough of an audience interested in these topics to support me and my videos on Patreon or something, y'know?

New Threads

Top Bottom