• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your dream job?

Mathemetishuns don't need to spell...!
nerd.gif

I originally put down locomotive engineer but I realized that I love trains and sometimes it's best if you don't do what you love. An acquaintance of mine is a locomotive engineer and he laments his lost love of trains. He said the skull drudgery of day in and day out BS caused him to hate trains. It was that way with IT for me. The moment I started doing it for a living, the fun went away.

Honestly, my dream job is to get a dually pickup, an enclosed trailer, an open trailer, and run my own hotshot hauling biz as an independent contractor. I like driving and I do it well. I like being the captain of my own one-man ship. Thanks to the other good folks on here inspiring me to set this as a goal!

I originally put down locomotive engineer but I realized that I love trains and sometimes it's best if you don't do what you love. An acquaintance of mine is a locomotive engineer and he laments his lost love of trains. He said the skull drudgery of day in and day out BS caused him to hate trains. It was that way with IT for me. The moment I started doing it for a living, the fun went away.

Honestly, my dream job is to get a dually pickup, an enclosed trailer, an open trailer, and run my own hotshot hauling biz as an independent contractor. I like driving and I do it well. I like being the captain of my own one-man ship. Thanks to the other good folks on here inspiring me to set this as a goal!
May make a suggestion. I recommend using a filth wheel or a gooseneck style trailers. That might be the best option for you. Instead of bumper mount receiver.

May make a suggestion. I recommend using a filth wheel or a gooseneck style trailers. That might be the best option for you. Instead of bumper mount receiver.
No doubt! Gooseneck fifth wheel is the way to go. Pintle hooks are too easy to jacknife and damage. Also, from what I've heard, the fifth wheel style also results in better fuel economy?

Last edited:
No doubt! Gooseneck fifth wheel is the way to go. Pintle hooks are too easy to jacknife and damage. Also, from what I've heard, the fifth wheel style also results in better fuel economy?[/QUOTE

With a fifth wheel you have more weight over the rear axle so it makes sense that it may improve your fuel economy somewhat?

Anyway if have the room. You may want to have some basic hand tools, winch, ratch straps, heavy duty chains, jack,jack stands.
Ah yes! Those are going to be very important! I'll have to take a load securement class because I don't know how to do that kind of thing.

Although I would get a pintle attachment so I could pull RV trailers for folks if need be.
That would be great. There's nothing really wrong with pulling a trailer from a bumper mounted reciever. It's that typically gooseneck can carry more cargo in terms of volume and weight. My ford ranger has a full sized reciever but can pull more 2,300 pounds total. My Chevy k2500 can pull well over 2,300 it has a 3 inch diameter ball in bed of the truck.

Ah yes! Those are going to be very important! I'll have to take a load securement class because I don't know how to do that kind of thing.
There really not that diffuclt to use once you figure how. The first time my buddy used the ratch straps he tangled the strap up inside the winch portion of the ratchet straps.

There really not that diffuclt to use once you figure how. The first time my buddy used the ratch straps he tangled the strap up inside the winch portion of the ratchet straps.
That would be my problem. I'm not really good with hand tools and the like. I can get by. It's more like needing to learn techniques for proper load securement. I found out that the flatbed company TMC, offers load securement classes.

That would be my problem. I'm not really good with hand tools and the like. I can get by. It's more like needing to learn techniques for proper load securement. I found out that the flatbed company TMC, offers load securement classes.
That's cool. I'm pretty good with handtools. I'm not very good at the logistics of what you are wanting to do. My problem is I'm quite slow when it comes knowing where each piece of cargo needs to go.

It seems to me that most 1-ton pick ups have four doors. It might be a guide idea to keep your stuff you may need in toolboxes, toolbags, inside the cab. if your bed is long enough and wouldn't interfere with your gooseneck, Putting a large tool box in the bed to store your equipment maybe a good option too. Being a framer I've learned to understand how important is it to have what you need when you need it. There's nothing worse than running around like a chicken with its head cut off looking for a tool you need. The best way to avoid scrambling to find what you need is to be and stay organized.

i would absolutely love to be a writer, travelling about the world, letting my internal worlds
spill out on to the pages, twisting the world that i see around me to some communion of
inside and outside worlds.
Great answer. Ditto.

New Threads

Top Bottom