• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your dream job?

Horse referee.
Ok, that's what i'm calling it. Like a horse trainer/horse breaker, except that first you work with the horse and then you make sure the owners & riders who actually interact with it are doing well. Instead of just breaking the horse, basically re-set the horse, & then re-set the rider to where both work as a team. That would be fun, and would help promote horse welfare.

I'm in the process of getting into my dream job (organist) and even though movie-theaters don't need organists any more my parish church does and I'm practicing up. Granted, I'm used to playing junky old instruments from the 1800s and the one at the church is a much fancier Roland electric.

But to do job 1occasionally, eventually, and live near enough the next city over to do job 2, I will have to get not-my-dream-job, which is a good full-time career with a company big enough to pay benefits.

I did quite a bit of design engineering, and won prizes for it. It would have been my dream job if I'd then been consulted on manufacturing details, but my stuff was intended to help people more than corporations, so that never happened.

An adoptive-human to rescued farm animals on a plot of farmland secluded from most everything--surrounded by forestry and vegetation, clear and clean streams of water, natural rock formations, and the occasional wild animal.

But, I don't want to be one thing. I want to be an author, artist, explorer, geologist, singer, paleontologist, actor, psychologist, dancer, traveler; I should probably get on that...

...geologist, singer,...
A rock star, then...?
full

That ship sailed 50 years ago would have been theoretical physicist, ended up being.an expert on industrial painting.
So cannot complain. Could have been some mundane boring. position as it was, I landed positions that had lots of autonomy, with minimal supervision. probably due to me being a loner.

That ship sailed 50 years ago would have been theoretical physicist, ended up being.an expert on industrial painting.
Ah, yes. I was about 50 years too late to be the kind of biologist/explorer I wanted to be…Alice Kibbe…Wade Davis…a grad student of EO Wilson….ended up indoors way too much.

Life sucks I had a stroke 4 days prior to retirement. strange as it may seem. it gave me answers as to where to look.
as an amateur physicist really amazed at how it is progressing. 50 years of looking for a theory making headway.

One of my irrational fears of retiring is that I would have a heart attack or stroke or some other health disaster, you know, the kind brought on by retirement.

I am sorry about your stroke. It is one of my nightmares. I hope you have had a god recovery.

One of my irrational fears of retiring is that I would have a heart attack or stroke or some other health disaster, you know, the kind brought on by retirement.

I am sorry about your stroke. It is one of my nightmares. I hope you have had a god recovery.
I'm 68 years old stroke made walking difficult, now recovery is confounded by what is age and what is stroke. interesting spelling mistake Freudian slip.

I love nothing more than solving highly complex challenges on projects that somehow improve our world.

That's why I've evolved into a high-end business problem solver – by combining multiple skillsets, e.g. marketing strategist, creative director, copywriter, and digital native.

Sadly, I'm having more and more problems as freelancer, because we live in superficial and hyper-touchy times, where every ad agency, company, and colleague pretend to be inclusive, but dare you say 1 wrong thing as an older, white male with Aspergers ... and you're called multiple derogatory names or by HR.

Anyone know of a company in Germany or even Berlin that welcomes obsessive, compulsive Asperger workers?

I have my dream career. Training dogs professionally, and I also have a dog daycare/boarding business and grooming services, I’m a licensed dog breeder, I have trained two of my own service dogs, and I compete in pretty much any event with my dogs that you can imagine, and have an entire room of ribbons, trophies, and certificates to show for it.
Can’t ask for much more. :)

P.s.- I’m not only a dog breeder, but I rescue, foster and rehabilitate dogs too. You don’t have to pick one or the other :)

New Threads

Top Bottom