• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your dream job?

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
An astronaut? A firefighter? Doctor? Sports star? A soldier?

What is your dream job?

I would be a biologist explorer that traveled to new places and discovered new species, taking lots of notes and making specimens!

Medical Examiner. for right now though, im going to stick with embalmer. i gotta find someone that will hire an apprentice first though.

In IT, the last job I had was as a Business Consultant, and I did enjoy that mostly. I got to work with people and communicate with people a lot, which keeps me stimulated and helps the day go faster, stops me getting lost in my thoughts too much. I developed courses and trained people, wrote documents, spent a lot of time explaining things in minute detail so that people could understand them, went to lots of meetings where I usually took a fairly prominent role. It was fun. I'd like to get into some more interesting and creative stuff next time, I was mostly distilling other people's ideas at my last job.

I did work as a software developer for 20+ years, and (as Calvert suggests) it can be very boring. I always found the functional side of things more interesting so always enjoyed getting involved in that, so the transition to Business Consultant wasn't huge. Towards the end of my time as a software developer I was spending most of my time as a Systems Analyst/Business Analyst/Software Designer/Mentor/Team-Lead anyway.

I think a cool job to have would be a movie editor (someone who assembles a finished movie from raw footage). I've wanted to get into filmmaking somehow for a long time, but I'm not sure that actually being a director would be the best job for me. Sometimes, an editor can really be a sort of trusted "right hand man" for a filmmaker. Also, some filmmakers, like John Sayles, have said that they find the editing of a movie to be the fun part and the actual shooting to be kind of a chore.

I do worry a little bit that I'd never be able to watch a movie just for enjoyment ever again. Also, being an editor on a really bad movie might not be good for my mental health since editing a movie can involve sifting through hundreds of hours of footage, especially if the director is one of those who likes to shoot lots of takes.

Primatologist and doing field research or if not that I'd want to work in a chimp sanctuary or something similar.

I do worry a little bit that I'd never be able to watch a movie just for enjoyment ever again.

Are you thinking you'd notice lots of editing things about movies once you learned how to do this job, and that it would ruin your enjoyment? I'd guess it would just change the way you think when you watch moves, but it wouldn't decrease your enjoyment. After all, it seems like artists and musicians retain appreciation for works not their own - why not filmmakers too?

My dream job is being a pre-history bioarchaeologist working for the Smithsonian.

I would love to be in the amizon,or other mostly intact wilderness area cloning/preserving endangered/threatened plant species,before they become extinct.

Initially I wanted to be in the field of game design or programming of any sort, but I've considered alternatives like artist, animal training, few others. I wouldn't mind truck driving, just need to get a CDL and the training first...talk about a job that lets you explore the country while getting paid to do so :)

1. Treasure hunter.
2. Discovering gems/minerals/precious stones/dinosaurs, etc. as a field geologist.

The only difficult part is taking craps/showers/cleaning up in the back woods as I'm a bit of a germaphobe.

Good thing I didn't want to be a calligrapher!
haha I think I might use this as evidence to my parents that I should drop-out of school and regress to childhood instead.

When I was a kid I wrote that I wanted to be an archaeologist. Now I am working towards that! :D

All I know is that my dream job would require me to be my own boss. I don't like working for other people under their rules. I'd rather be the owner of something, make a large enough sum of cash that would entail me to buy a few "extras" here and there and work my own hours at my own pace.

I want to be a character animator. my dream is to one day work for ILM, Disney or Pixar. I've been to uni and done the degree. Now I'm just trying to get in the industry. Its so hard! To start you have to be a Runner and supposedly companies get 200 applicants a week! I had an interview with Cinesite and I thought it went amazing, they said excellent, great, wow a lot but I told them I had Aspergers. Autism London said I shouldn't of said that as even though its illegal to not hire me because of my aspergers they can't prove its the reason so companies will still discriminate. Learnt my lesson and won't mention it again.

Are you thinking you'd notice lots of editing things about movies once you learned how to do this job, and that it would ruin your enjoyment? I'd guess it would just change the way you think when you watch moves, but it wouldn't decrease your enjoyment. After all, it seems like artists and musicians retain appreciation for works not their own - why not filmmakers too?

Yeah, it does change how you watch a movie. I sometimes watch them twice. The first time I'm quite often like wow look at that effect and oh I wonder how they did this or that and then picture how bits were done. Hence having to watch again to really take in the movie. Its not bad though, I think I appreciate movies more now.

New Threads

Top Bottom