• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
anyone on places like Facebook Twitter Instagram etc??

What do you think about these places for people with disabilities??

I have a Facebook and Twitter I have a Facebook since I was little but I have a Twitter recently one when I was little too
Oh I also have a YouTube account. But for some strange reason in my mind I don’t really think of as social media.

anyone on places like Facebook Twitter Instagram etc??

What do you think about these places for people with disabilities??

I have a Facebook and Twitter I have a Facebook since I was little but I have a Twitter recently one when I was little too
Oh I also have a YouTube account. But for some strange reason in my mind I don’t really think of as social media.
This forum is my sole form of social media now.

This forum is my sole form of social media now.

Me too. I read somewhere that there is a huge amount of people depend on Facebook for their news. I find that very alarming, because at least half of what is on Facebook is not true.

this site is it for me too,

don't have or need friends and not interested in mundane information, so don't use facebook
twitter is, to a large extent, a platform for the intellectually challenged to express their uninformed opinions and gut feelings without having to take account for what they say, where the quality of information is based on the number of morons that 'like' rather than the intellectual underpinning of what was stated, so no, don't use twitter either

This is basically the main social media I use, I don’t have a facebook,instagram or Twitter account.

I have a FB account, but don't use it the way other people do - I have it mainly as a means for family abroad to get in touch with me. I also belong to a progressive rock group, and sometimes post there.

I have a facebook account that i never updated since i have it , and that's it, also a youtube account I recently created to comment some videos, and that's it.

The idea of social media is fine, the problem is that this is ruled by people designing the website not for your interest, but for the interest of the compagny they run ( making it addictive by design, managing it with a political agenda , and so on.)

What else can i say..I missed the messenger application we had as teenagers 15 years ago...before facebook took over , it was so simple yet so effective.
Now with facebook you just get spammed with flexing from people your barely know, political opinions, adds, and thats it...

If I didnt need facebook to get my degree, i wouldnt use anymore i think ( well i never posted anything so i am not sure that i am an user xD.)

I primarily use this site only, however recently I went back to facebook so that I can get back in touch with my dad and a real life friend. I think those were the two only good things facebook has done for mankind...

Last edited:
I'm not a very social person, so finding "friends" isn't something I have any need for. I've tried most of the social media sites at one time or another, for other reasons than friendship -- intelligent conversation would be nice -- and found them a waste of time and energy. This forum and my writing blog are it. I'm dipping into Pinterest, very slowly, but purely to help promote my writing.

I have a facebook account that I created years back to keep in contact with people I knew from years ago, but I have never used it, and decided to delete it. I can't imagine what the point is anyway, people posting where they are and what they are doing - I can't imagine anyone being interested. I also opened a twitter account once, and never used that either. It seems to me that twitter is for people that have nothing at all worth saying, and plenty of time to say it.

There are plenty of places on the internet to get the information and interaction I am interested in, and plenty of services out there to stay in contact with those I want to, so social media seems like just an easy way for others to collect personal data.

I have a facebook account that I created years back to keep in contact with people I knew from years ago, but I have never used it, and decided to delete it. I can't imagine what the point is anyway, people posting where they are and what they are doing - I can't imagine anyone being interested. I also opened a twitter account once, and never used that either. It seems to me that twitter is for people that have nothing at all worth saying, and plenty of time to say it.

There are plenty of places on the internet to get the information and interaction I am interested in, and plenty of services out there to stay in contact with those I want to, so social media seems like just an easy way for others to collect personal data.
If y'all knew where a lot of the seed money came from for Facebook when it went public,you would avoid it like the plague.

What a better platform for gaining profiles of a population by providing them with a place to offer it by your own choice.

Big Brother is watching you ;)

If y'all knew where a lot of the seed money came from for Facebook when it went public,you would avoid it like the plague.

What a better platform for gaining profiles of a population by providing them with a place to offer it by your own choice.

This is true. And in addition, facebook's lax policies and poor self-policing make it a factually toxic environment anyway. Their privacy controls are atrocious, and they provide a platform from which almost anyone with money can buy access to its entire membership base. Using it is a very high price for individuals to pay for telling their 'friends' that they are out having a meal, or jetting off on vacation.

Only clicked "Informative" because there's no "Looking Through the Blinds Nervously Every 3 Seconds While Monologuing About Conspiracy Theories I Heard About on the Very Medium I Fear " button.

I mean, I'll take your word on it; on-topic, this is exactly why I avoid social media. But still, /Xanax

There is one good that Facebook does. I have read in the paper (or heard on the news) several times where the police have caught a stupid criminal because he/she was bragging about their activities on Facebook.

It's good for rounding up livestock. The recent incident with Facebook and Cambridge Analytica goes to show just how easy it is.

I tossed the towel a while back, so no more social media for me (unless this site counts, in which case...). I'd rather be anonymous than a piece of data.

New Threads

Top Bottom