• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A lot of the mainstream news isn't true either, or it's certainly a twisted "truth", often to what the state wants you to believe.

I agree about mainstream news, but it is a lot better than depending on Facebook for your news. Now days you have to take just about everything you read with a grain of salt.

YouTube is the best site online, besides Wikipedia.

YouTube has its faults IMO, the fact that the comments on videos are pretty much"anything goes" is one thing.

Like yesterday I challenged some guy to go up to Mark Labett off the Chase and call him "fat" to his face, he turned round and insulted me by saying he'd "spit in my Wife's face", even if I had a Wife, which I don't, he is a complete arse jockey.

Why did MySpace die? Well it's still online, but barely anyone uses it any more compared to Facebook and they used to be almost as popular as each other. Now Facebook is ranked No.3 in the World on Alexa while Myspace is no 4,485 and it's continuing to fall, please click here for more. BTW, Google.com is No.1 and Youtube is No.2.

YouTube is the best site online, besides Wikipedia.
Youtube is good in some ways, but it's a shame it was brought by Google who are only really interested in one thing and that's making even more money, like they don't already have enough. They couldn't be more understaffed when it comes to moderating either, most of it's done using automated bots and it's almost impossible to get a real person's attention. For instance if you reported a video, lots of people would also need to report it for anything to happen and even then you'd have to be very lucky for a moderator to notice it on a long list that they almost certainly have to quickly skim through. Obviously Youtube has more than it's fair share of trolls too and if you reported one you've got more chance of being run over by a bus than Youtube properly dealing with it.

Google are also one of the worst companies for slyly tracking your activity across the Internet so they can target Ads where-ever you go, but obviously this is happening more and more, including across social media where you're privacy is also often compromised. There is an open source Internet browser however that hopes to change all this and also allows you to optionally support websites since you won't be viewing Ads, the browser is called Blaze and it also claims to be considerably faster than traditional browsers.

And Aspies Central.
No it's utterly abysmal, one of the worst excuses for a website on the Internet.............NOT! lol :D

Last edited:
Youtube is good in some ways, but it's a shame it was brought by Google who are only really interested in one thing and that's making even more money, like they don't already have enough. They couldn't be more understaffed when it comes to moderating either, most of it's done using automated bots and it's almost impossible to get a real person's attention. For instance if you reported a video, lots of people would also need to report it for anything to happen and even then you'd have to be very lucky for a moderator to notice it on a long list that they almost certainly have to quickly skim through. Obviously Youtube has more than it's fair number of trolls too and if you reported one you've got more chance of being run over by a bus than Youtube properly dealing with it.

Google are also one of the worst companies for slyly tracking your activity across the Internet so they can target Ads where-ever you go.

No it's utterly abysmal, one of the worst excuses for a website on the Internet.............NOT! lol :D

The problem with YouTube is that it's hosted in North America, and is thus "governed" by their freedom of speech laws, so the comments are pretty much "anything goes", and there's not much the Mods can do if you do report "objectionable" comments or content unless it's actually ILLEGAL and even then they probably have no jurisdiction.

The problem with YouTube is that it's hosted in North America, and is thus "governed" by their freedom of speech laws, so the comments are pretty much "anything goes", and there's not much the Mods can do if you do report "objectionable" comments or content unless it's actually ILLEGAL and even then they probably have no jurisdiction.

Just for clarity, the right of freedom of speech in the US does not confer any right of freedom of speech in any way other than that no part of government can restrict it. It does not apply to companies, so YouTube, or indeed any other entity, can restrict any kind of speech they wish, in any way they wish.

The reality is that in an environment such as YouTube - and indeed Facebook too - there is so much content being posted that moderating it is virtually impossible, and given that humans are the final arbiter of what is an isn't acceptable, and humans perceive things in very different ways from each other, moderation is also very inconsistent.

Yes, at least on this site you can be sure that your personal data won't be harvested and then sold on

Organs are safe at aspiescentral.

Folk will evolve and grow a third eye in the centre of their

50% of us have the third eye. We just need to see with it.

We had a teenage newbie start at work once who thought any spare time in between customers was for getting his phone out

No comment.

I did enjoy Facebook for posting pictures of Brussel's sprouts

Finally some sense.

I see it's criticised a lot, but I'm on Facebook. I don't use the site at all, but I do use messenger. Keeps me up to date and stops me being isolated, so I see it as a positive thing.

The problem with YouTube is that it's hosted in North America, and is thus "governed" by their freedom of speech laws, so the comments are pretty much "anything goes"

Quite the opposite, technically speaking. Not so "black and white" as some would like to believe as well as being legally complex.

Where proprietary domains in the US are not necessarily "governed" or subject to the protections and limitations of our First Amendment rights. Legally they are free to govern their online domains as they will without any rigid conformity to considerations of federal civil rights and civil liberties concerns.

It's a legal dynamic which reflects how a woman or person of color can be denied membership to a private club or domain. Not cool from a collective perspective of society, but perfectly legal in a constitutional sense. Proprietary domains involving membership, subject to specific terms and conditions.

However neither are they entirely insulated from criminal prosecution in perhaps the most dire circumstances of national security and whether or not something posted may constitute a precursor to an imminent, lawless action. And in the case of civil offenses, it's still possible to sue for libel over something posted online. But again, the devil is in the details in a legal system driven by the rule of precedent.

And of course in the event of any civil dispute, it remains up to a plaintiff to initiate legal recourse which may or may not involve committing their own financial resources. Don't expect a local, state or federal government to intervene on your behalf.

Last edited:
Didn't someone get shot at the YouTube HQ?

Someone with a grievance against how YouTube stopped paying her for her videos.

Tragically she had no connection personally with her victims. Taking out her ire on the first people she could shoot, having spent the morning at a shooting range. Yet the police questioned her the night before while sleeping in her car...but let her go.

This is a forum. You can think about what you want to say and it actually means something. People can search it and read it years later if desired. If you made a good contribution, it remains worth it. I've been part of many forums over the years, a few in addition to this.

Facebook or anything like that to me is just instant gratification, little thinking involved. Back in 08 or so, my wife at the time made me a FB account (her choice not mine) which I posted a few car pictures for probably less than a year. I quit logging in. Later I just had it deleted.

Like a lot of websites, FB wouldn't run now if I wanted it to. Website complexity and bandwidth have grown like crazy, yet my connection speed is a little slower than it was 20 years ago. I'm thankful this site runs on a minimal connection, even the chat.

Facebook is good for groups on geeky topics and fandoms. But the politics on social media is a world where the most outrageous falsehoods are given the most attention. So I keep it for the memes and the geeky talk, but I unfollowed everything political several months ago.

I use Facebook, but I’m not very active. I’ve “muted” most people because I find them annoying or uninteresting, and mostly use it to keep up with groups and pages I’m interested in.
I have an inactive twitter account and an Instagram account with 5 pictures on it. That’s about it.

anyone on places like Facebook Twitter Instagram etc??

What do you think about these places for people with disabilities??

I have a Facebook and Twitter I have a Facebook since I was little but I have a Twitter recently one when I was little too
Oh I also have a YouTube account. But for some strange reason in my mind I don’t really think of as social media.
I am old school i don't use any of the modern social media websites.

I'm on a few things, including decentralised social media options, but I have also quit a few things more than once over the years. With the FB messy stuff happening now, I'm definitely a permanent quit for FB.

Edit: I love the mute user option on these sites. Improves the experience so much!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom