• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What did you do today?

Went to school, watched the music channel for a bit, had my driving lesson and threw some bread for the ducks. Currently thinking of applying to take my driving theory test.

Watched daytime TV and nursed a bad hangover, the result of yesterday's drinking binge. I'm in no rush to do that again any time soon.

Worked all day like most weekdays. I did go for a walk during my breaks and my lunch though, like I usually do. I really enjoy those, it's a good time for me to think about things I enjoy.

Slept too late, got up at 11am. Spent a few hours playing with ideas for a long bike trip on google maps. Realized I was going to be late for work. Went to work. Solved problems. Had a very busy evening, I was covering a 3-11pm shift. Came home, checked email, facebook, now here. Should be sleeping, I am working in the morning and have to get up in 4 hours.

Drinking by yourself or with some friends?

I was drinking with my parents, they let me have a small amount of alcohol on weekends, but what they didn't know (or at least I don't think they knew) was that I'd already been drinking. It was just one of those days when I was bored and didn't have anything else to do, I suppose.

I read a bit of Suldrun's Garden (which is awesome) and screwed around on the net. I've actually been up all night. The day hasn't really "started" for most people who live here. :D

@CJ - I think you should move to Ireland. It ain't that far from the UK. :D

(I love this smiley :D)

Today I made some good progress with analyzing my data. But now I am goofing off because once I spend too much time sitting in my office, I get really tense. I went for a walk and as soon as I left the building I felt better, but then as soon as I came back to my office I felt worse again.

I got to go to a Q&A session with Art Spiegelman, the author of Maus, at the college in my town. He was the main guest for the annual Writers' Conference at the college in my town. It was pretty interesting.

book_maus.jpg

Yesterday evening, he gave an hour-and-a-half presentation called "What the %@&! Happened to Comics?", which was pretty great. Seeing the famous NSFW Japanese painting "Dream of the Fisherman's Wife" (I'll...let you look it up on your own if you haven't seen it) projected on a giant screen in a room full of people (the image was used as an example of how the Japanese have been making "manga" for a long time) was a little...surreal.

I had to do my work for a good 2 hours, not only it was doing my head in because I was having troubles understanding what the thing was about, I also had missed out on what I would call my relaxation time.

Oh well, I can't be too fussed about it.

Was going to go see Rango a little while ago, but it was sold out. :( Playing on the computer instead. Might watch a movie on Blu-Ray later.

This afternoon I was doing practice drills with a group of racers, learning what to do when another cyclist bumps into you or has tire contact in a race. Throwing elbows and rubbin' tires. We were practicing on grass, so a fall wouldn't be too bad. I start racing the local series next month, and while I have crashed and wiped out off-roading, going down on pavement at 25mph scares the hell out of me. For some reason I was really hyper today when I came home from my early morning ride, not anxious just full of energy and totally unfocused.

Let's revive this one XD

*does weird necromancer chant*

So... I got up early went to some construction stores looking for tubes and pipes for a prop I'm working on. That totally failed. The highlight of the day was Burger king... go figure. Took the bus to another city, went looking for materials there. That also failed. So now I'm pondering how I should go on with the prop now. It'll turn out fine, I'm sure... just have to find a new way.

i went with my 11 year old son to his adhd appointment,cleaned the house, picked up my son at school and went grocery shopping

I went to school for two hours this morning, then I donated blood and took a nap afterwards, then when I woke up I went with my mum to put petrol in my car and bought a few things in the shop.

Slept for a few hours... took a shower and it kinda hit me what wanted to do after.

That resulted in me spending about 5 hours in making a 24 page spreadsheet in Excel (4000-something seperate values checking online and digital copies of rulebooks) and the relation between pricing and points costs in the Warhammer 40.000 tabletop game, and seeing which armies average what cost per point in game in terms of buying physical models to get into the game.

I actually expect people to think I'm totally out of my mind for doing so... but this is probably the same thing that killed the cat... curiosity.

I wasn't really surprised about the outcome that much. But it kinda annoys me that apparently there's horde armies, which can only be played by horde (thus lots of models) which end up being totally expensive. Yes, it's a luxury item, but for the amount some armies go, I can buy at least 2.

Woke up at three in the afternoon to another nightmare, ate breakfast as the dogs impatiently begged me for a walk, walked the dogs, bought a birthday card for my cousin, took some creatine and worked out, ate post post workout meal, showered, ate again, went to the store, played playstaion and screwed around on the computer, ate again, watched drake and josh, while looking at sv and ac posted this.

College classes, got a friend to drive me down to my hometown so I can bring my Firebird back to this town :), then attempted to start my truck... again.

Went to bed at 9 am, woke up at 1 pm. Went to the city for a short hour to do some minor things, then headed back home, went to a modelling store with a friend of mine (never been there before). Browsed around a bit, helped my friend sort out what he needs to start with the Warhammer tabletop game (which means I don't have to go through awkward situations for finding other players). Got home at 5 pm or so, went out for a quick snack, hit the bed at 6 pm, slept till 10 pm, got up, now I'm watching the final movie(s) from the Harry Potter series and painting models in between. (Obviously I'm also browsing AC a bit)

A bit off-topic; Yet again I've found that I'm really not that socially awkward whenever I have a clue what I'm talking about. The store owner today was a nice guy, had a chat with him about the stuff he sold and what I did, exchanged some tips and such. But to me comfort is really, really, really closely related to how much I care for subject X. Add in that I'm talking to someone about a subject and nothing else, I don't have those dull moments where I'm out of conversational topics. My awkwardness is probably related to not having business with someone in the first place (or like someone once pointed out on Skype; the moment where you start to exchange Tumblr links instead of actually talking)

So far today I've had breakfast, a shower, messed around on my tablet, bought lots of property on fable 3, I have that on in the background to build up the gold ready to play it tonight. I'm on here, when I'm finished posting I'll be reading, then lunch then I don't know, probably take the dog for a walk and mooch around the house for the rest of the day.

New Threads

Top Bottom